If Malzahn returns

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gus does coach the Tigers in 2019, then Auburn's president and AD will get to enjoy another year of watching Malzahn sink Auburn further than the Titanic was sunk to the bottom.

41 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

This is what many have thought all along.  At the end of the day, all those millions of $$ that's "no issue" still has someone holding those purse strings very tightly. 

I never thought for one second that the clowns who gave Gus that contract would axe him just one year later, thereby proving to the world that they ARE clowns.  

Time for basketball and time to put this $#&tshow to rest. 

The worst part is we all know we will just be doing this same ol song and dance next season. Nothing will have changed at all. Sure Gus may make some staff changes. Will it mean anything? No. OL still cannot block anyone and are the worst OL in the SEC. Defense will continue to regress with losing a lot of talent on the DL. Secondary will continue to be annihilated by the deep pass. We will continue our losing streak in Red Stick. This time probaly by a 2011 or 2015 type of beatdown. See y'all in a year.

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Also, it’s looking like our recruiting class will take a couple hits regardless of whether Gus stays or goes. The ruthless recruiters like Smart will make our lame duck’s life hard on recruiting trail. 

Sure they all are saying Gus is gone at the end of this  year or will be gone by next year. Lol, if I was an opposing coach I'd give recruits thinking about Auburn a link to this board. Push the you will be changing coaches at Auburn in the next two years angle hard.

9 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Sure they all are saying Gus is gone at the end of this  year or will be gone by next year. Lol, if I was an opposing coach I'd give recruits thinking about Auburn a link to this board. Push the you will be changing coaches at Auburn in the next two years angle hard.

You better believe that they will push the narrative that Gus is a lame duck and that Auburn fans don’t even think he’s a good coach. That is too easy of a softball.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:42 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

10+ IMO. 

what chance do we have with getting Kelly? He would be an instant boost to our offense if we can sign him. I do not understand why Gus has not gone after true DT/QBs since Marshall.  Gus is his own worst enemy in many ways.

52 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

what chance do we have with getting Kelly? He would be an instant boost to our offense if we can sign him. I do not understand why Gus has not gone after true DT/QBs since Marshall.  Gus is his own worst enemy in many ways.

Can we stop with the whole needing a DT QB? If coach and his staff cannot adapt to the players on offense, what kind of coaches are they?

Gustav has shown himself incapable of adapting whether it be between seasons or between halves. The 2nd part of your statement is absolutely correct, Gussy is his own worst enemy.

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

Bruce also knows what players fit into his system and which don't with no regard to star rankings. 

Polar opposite is happening in the football program.

You're right!  You know...lots of you have said it indirectly...the best case to be made in the minds of the PTB may be for basketball to get all the love it deserves and for football to just ride the pine...literally and figuratively...until they make a change, assuming that six years of the same will not produce change.  Fair assumption.  I hate it, but from the world of logical consequences (translation loss of revenue)...that is how things do have a hope of turning around.  Feed the worthy.

In other words...may basketball raise the roof on expectations so that the reality of current football looks like what basketball used to.  Doesn't take long for a turnaround with the right coach at the helm.  

I don't know if the coaches--in every sport-- have "continuing ed" or weekly/monthly department meetings, but I would sure let CBP do some break-out sessions on fire, motivation, gumption, personnel vs. system meshing, and adaptability, with required attendance, note-taking, written/monitored individual growth plans, and measures for both achievement and null.  It's just appalling to me, as growth and results-driven as is my profession, to witness...THIS.

P.S.  What about...selling the big screen to a school whose current product is worth magnifying?  How close would that come to slicing the debt?

Related image

Ask Asa Martin.  He got totally screwed this year.

If Gus is coming back he needs to turn on the heated seats in his Audi sports car and leave them on so he can get used to being in the hot seat.

27 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

Ask Asa Martin.  He got totally screwed this year.

I see a lot of people saying that, but what backs this up? If Asa was ready to help the team win games he'd be playing. The redshirt issue, if the allegations are true, doesn't necessarily screw anybody. Did Martin want to be a redshirt? Does he really want to be a five-year college guy? I had classes with two guys that redshirted. Though later on they thought it helped them grow up, they were very despondent about having to redshirt. That's not normally something players want.

Just look at who is playing, both offense and defense. There are more freshmen getting major playing time than on any Auburn team I've ever seen. Were Martin ready to help, he'd be on the field.

12 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I don't know if the coaches--in every sport-- have "continuing ed" or weekly/monthly department meetings, but I would sure let CBP do some break-out sessions on fire, motivation, gumption, personnel vs. system meshing, and adaptability, with required attendance, note-taking, written/monitored individual growth plans, and measures for both achievement and null.  It's just appalling to me, as growth and results-driven as is my profession, to witness...THIS.

PREACH IT!

13 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

ThRelated image

I love this, kind of reminds me of Gus being caught saying “They better not fine me”. Here he is in the middle of being embarrassed by UGA yet again and he’s worried about being fined for arguing with the refs.  Unbelievable. 

ETA: Gus seems not to know the problem and focuses on meaningless things.

14 hours ago, doc4aday said:

We have had several, we just aren't fooling anyone anymore. How many "dual-threat" QBs do you see dominating without a line or a primitive passing plan? When Marshall was here, defenses were still staying off the line and trying to read the point of attack. They soon learned to aggressively attack the point of exchange, realizing anything not a screen in Gus' offense was going to take a long time to develop downfield. Kelly isn't going to boost us. We have a crappy line. We had average at best backs. We still have a primitive passing attack. Our success with Gus entirely depends on a strong running game - dual threat or not - and looking at the talent we have and what we're recruiting, if he sticks around we're in for a few more seasons similar to this one. 

17 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

We have had several, we just aren't fooling anyone anymore. How many "dual-threat" QBs do you see dominating without a line or a primitive passing plan? When Marshall was here, defenses were still staying off the line and trying to read the point of attack. They soon learned to aggressively attack the point of exchange, realizing anything not a screen in Gus' offense was going to take a long time to develop downfield. Kelly isn't going to boost us. We have a crappy line. We had average at best backs. We still have a primitive passing attack. Our success with Gus entirely depends on a strong running game - dual threat or not - and looking at the talent we have and what we're recruiting, if he sticks around we're in for a few more seasons similar to this one. 

In my opinion, offensive line is every bit as, if not more important than the quarterback. #Comeatme

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

In my opinion, offensive line is every bit as, if not more important than the quarterback. #Comeatme

The men in the trenches dictate the entire game of football.  Throw out a sucky dline and the defense gives up chunks of yardage and big plays - throw out a sucky oline and the offense sputters, slows down, halts, becomes ineffective and barely can scooter poot down the field.

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Most important part of the entire team IMO

No OL means can't run, can't pass, you only really punt

D is then on the field for long periods of time and getting gassed as the games and season progress

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2018 Auburn Tigers!

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

I see a lot of people saying that, but what backs this up? If Asa was ready to help the team win games he'd be playing. The redshirt issue, if the allegations are true, doesn't necessarily screw anybody. Did Martin want to be a redshirt? Does he really want to be a five-year college guy? I had classes with two guys that redshirted. Though later on they thought it helped them grow up, they were very despondent about having to redshirt. That's not normally something players want.

Just look at who is playing, both offense and defense. There are more freshmen getting major playing time than on any Auburn team I've ever seen. Were Martin ready to help, he'd be on the field.

If he wasn't ready to contribute then why did he play in 5 games and burn a year?

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Throw out a sucky dline and the defense gives up chunks of yardage and big plays 

Everyone has gushed over our D-line this year. I know the D as a whole has been pretty good in the red zone, but isn't it fair to say it has given up "chunks of yardage and big plays"? Thinking of Ms St, UT, UGA in particular.

for all the Fire Gusers good news is on the horizon in the form of the 2019 schedule.  

Oregon - still a work in progress but #4 in 247 composite recruiting rankings and not doing shabby this year.  Both teams will have new Qbs .

At Texas A&M - probably a loss today 

At Florida- probably a loss

At LSU - probably a loss.  

UGA - will only be better next year loss

Bama - Tua year two loss

5-6 losses with Miss State being a major unknown.  

Gus goes 7-5,6-6 he’s definitely done next year.  If Auburn has one of those seasons and Auburn shocks college football then he earns his 7 million next year.

Archived