**Liberty game thread**

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Why not play some freaking Joey Gatewood. Would be a terrible waste of an opportunity to redshirt him but not give him any opportunities. 

The roster mismanagement of our team is a joke 

After the Asa mess up its likely we’re terrified of playing the would be redshirts 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I agree with the big team part. I don't think Gus puts the hammer down on the small teams enough. He just starts running the ball. We should be letting the QBs throw throw throw throw and make the small teams stop us.

you don't take your foot off the pedal... put the 2nd string in and let em run the playbook... including passing....

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Lol watch it be him and Asa. 😂

It's not like Gus' past doesn't make this a perfectly plausible thing...🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Up 46 against Liberty and pitching a shutout but Stid is still out there? Gotta keep Malik in the dog house for one bad read!

and back up SHOULD have completes completed a 42 yard pass...

Talk about no player development, this guy takes the cake.  I wish I could call him on his headset. Does he have a email where I can contact him? Never mind. My Sling is about a minute behind.

WOW.. They let Willis throw it and Schwartz makes the catch, ball comes out but they initially rule it a catch.   under review

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

After the Asa mess up its likely we’re terrified of playing the would be redshirts 

It's beyond pathetic that this is not a joke

Here’s the thing with Willis, early in the season it was keeps, a lot of us, including myself said he seemed too “me” oriented. In his time in recently, he’s given it, then gotten chewed out.  Then keeps it, he just isn’t ready to lead the O, and I think mentally he’s just struggling.

2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

ASA MARTIN IS ALIVE

I seriously had a conspiracy that we were going to try and pretend like he didn’t play more than 4 games and try to sneak his name in on the redshirt list.

Play Asa more Gus. I want to see what he can do.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

If anyone could refrain Gus, it would be Freeze.  I do think we will have a new OL coach though. The OL coach at UAB would be an excellent choice.  If Gus could surround himself with some really good offensive coaches, we could have a 9-10 win season. I know a lot out there are laughing at this scenario and I do understand this, but I think the only way for Gus to move ahead and have a good 2019 season, he will have to surround himself with excellent coaches who could keep Gus from being too much Gus! (lol!)

Well whoever we hire as OC my hope is the OC will choose the OL coach, and not gus.  I imagine that would be helpful in OL improvement.  As for surrounding himself with good offensive coaches that could reign him in... I don't believe gus has the ability to listen to other coaches and adjust his philosophy.  Whether its stubbornness or something else idk.

Archived