**Liberty game thread**

WarTiger

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

It was a catch. His knee knocked it loose after he hit the ground.

Unless you make a football move you have to maintain possession though the tackle also hitting the ground

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Here’s the thing with Willis, early in the season it was keeps, a lot of us, including myself said he seemed too “me” oriented. In his time in recently, he’s given it, then gotten chewed out.  Then keeps it, he just isn’t ready to lead the O, and I think mentally he’s just struggling.

Why does it have to be mental though? I never understood that. That's the one thing that would get me if I was an athlete

I hope our D will play this good against the turds!

Just now, cole256 said:

Why does it have to be mental though? I never understood that. That's the one thing that would get me if I was an athlete

I think it’s coaching but that’s my personal opinion, we haven’t developed a QB from high school under Gus. My point was, early in the season, he felt like he had to make plays, got in the doghouse for it. Now he feels like he needs to be more selfless, even if the play for him is there, he gets chewed out for it. That’s why I say mentally.

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

It was incomplete folks. He must maintain possession through the ground

Oh I agree. Just didn’t want it to be so for Malik’s sake. Would have been an awesome play for him.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think it’s coaching but that’s my personal opinion, we haven’t developed a QB from high school under Gus. My point was, early in the season, he felt like he had to make plays, got in the doghouse for it. Now he feels like he needs to be more selfless, even if the play for him is there, he gets chewed out for it. That’s why I say mentally.

You're right about the QB. I don't know about what they tell him and stuff. I have no inside information. I thought Gus little show with him was pathetic though

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

7-5 season guys, with probably a bowl loss.

Coach. Of. The. Future.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

Wonder when we'll get a targeting call in time for the bama game?

The fix is always in

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

We better not have starters in the game.

Just now, The Freak said:

It wouldn't matter. LOL. We are going to get waxed, unless Togovoaugsdhssiww, or whatever his name is, gets hurt, bammers OL, all get the flu, the defense all gets food poisoning and can't play.

Just now, cole256 said:

You're right about the QB. I don't know about what they tell him and stuff. I have no inside information. I thought Gus little show with him was pathetic though

I just think MW feels he can do no right, whether he keeps it,  gives it, and he tries to compensate accordingly, that’s why I said mentally I think he’s unsure about what to do. Wish Malzhan would jump on more guys, rather than just a select few, the common theme is that they’re backups or not sure starters. Look at smart, he jumps on players the same, whether they’re starters or backups. Gus is selective, and that’s frustrating.

Archived