GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

Up 17 as the #1 team and they are still getting helped. I really wonder if this game was called correctly what the score would be. We know there would be another Bama player out of the game

Refs get their bonus money by making sure Bama covers the spread.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, shabby said:

the pass protection has been just fine the last few games. even against some of the best defenses in the nation

Maybe I’ve just been imagining it, but it seems like bama has been in the backfield and pursuing him all game.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just wanted us to keep it a game, but I have a bad feeling Tua is about to insure a Heisman here in the 4th Quarter.

Yes. Truly, though, Tua is the only part of Alabama I can tolerate. 

Pretty standard rivalry game where one team is really good and the other team is really average. Kept it close on emotion for a half...then talent/coaching took over.

now, just to make some heads explode...

Our guys played hard but they are poorly coached and poorly developed and outclassed by a lot of teams in this conference. The “Kumbayah” crowd can offer hugs and aw shucks for their macho alpha can-do-no-wrong leader in all their threads from now through the promise of the offseason. I’ve been on the fence, but I’m worn out watching this. Our guys deserve better leadership in all aspects of the game, including at several key positions on the field of play. Make a change, Greene. Maybe not at the top because of the damn buyout, but force changes elsewhere. Now, thank the Lord for Bruce Pearl and Butch Thompson and War Eagle.

4 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The OL has been bad especially early but Stidham has been beyond horrible all year.

OL has been horrible all year long and next year if this same staff is here it will not be any better. Everyone jumps on stidham but we have zero running game and our receivers half the time drop the ball.

Our downward slide started when Gus quit playing at the end of the first half.  We had all the momentum then, and were running the ball well.  Play action would have given us a chance for a big play.

But no.  Gus got passive, like he did against FSU, LSU (twice), Clemson, etc.

4 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

It was a flea flicker, so being outside the pocket doesn't matter. We actually got flagged for it last year too.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/10/16284302/reverse-flea-flicker-intentional-grounding-ncaa-2017

I get that but he also had a receiver right there where he threw it in the vicinity too... ??

Just now, PigskinPat said:

Maybe I’ve just been imagining it, but it seems like bama has been in the backfield and pursuing him all game.

maybe stidham has a tendency to hold on to the ball way too long

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

Our downward slide started when Gus quit playing at the end of the first half.  We had all the momentum then, and were running the ball well.  Play action would have given us a chance for a big play.

But no.  Gus got passive, like he did against FSU, LSU (twice), Clemson, etc.

It's ok. His carreer is over. He's living on 'contract' time right now.

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

The offense sucks. Our defense is about to give up 50 points. 50. When LSU played them, their offense could not move the ball or score... yet they did not give up this many points. What is wrong with our defense? 

They have athletes all over the field, as well as a first round pick at Qb. Our Qb can't even slide at the right time. He slid short.

Hoping with every fiber of my being that UGA can beat these turds next week.

Just now, The Freak said:

Saban better be careful here.  He REALLY doesnt want to get Gus fired.

He probably held Tua back just so he could have something to yell at them about. Notice he sat on his three timeouts at halftime when we were sitting on the ball. 

Archived