GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Alabama

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NoALtiger said:

Could get ugly now. I’m sure long as Gustav keeps within 30 he’ll consider it a w. 

We really have never lost a game in his eyes.

No words except a huge shout-out for all of our Auburn men who are playing hard, some banged-up. These guys still have finals waiting. Bless them, and prayers rising. 

so this game is pretty much over except bammer will score a couple more TDs. Guess Gus got a moral victory with 3 TDs?

Remember when Williams committed to bammer and some people on here said he was drama we don't need him here anyway? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, shabby said:

People can no longer blame the offensive line. It's Stidham. It's always been Stidham. 

It’s both. They can’t block worth a crap and the first sign of pressure he pees down his leg.

11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is a joke. Incompetent coaching again! 

Well, that plus the fact that Bama has probably two better athletes at every single position than what we have.  And their QB is a first rounder.

However good our (game) coaching we didn't have a chance in this game.

What we need is a total system overall if we plan to run with Bama and Georgia - much less LSU and everyone else..... 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We really have never lost a game in his eyes.

This may be your best post ever. I spit my water out

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

People can no longer blame the offensive line. It's Stidham. It's always been Stidham. 

The OL has been bad especially early but Stidham has been beyond horrible all year.

Just now, PigskinPat said:

It’s both. They can’t block worth a crap and the first sign of pressure he pees down his leg.

the pass protection has been just fine the last few games. even against some of the best defenses in the nation

It wouldn't make any difference whatsoever but is Kam Martin alive? Asa? Hill? Sal? 

Had a Receiver open running with him to the sidelines 20 yards down field on that throw it away {intentional Grounding??) he could have tried to get it to..  TRIED...  just keeps throwing it away...

1 minute ago, PTOTiger said:

So, I’m all in on getting Gus outta town but doesn’t our defense shoulder some blame tonight? 

Not when the O keeps putting them back on the field.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Those are coaching decisions and you have no idea what they are based on or why he makes them. And every coach makes poor calls. That doesn't make him passive. I think that's more attributable to stubborness and not learning from his previous mistakes. You people do not understand what having a passive personality actually entails. 

Is there a reason you’re being rude in Gus’ defense. I can tell you straight up, plenty of people could get paid 7m and make a few better decisions.

It was a flea flicker, so being outside the pocket doesn't matter. We actually got flagged for it last year too.

This clause doesn’t often come up, but it’s the same rule that means a running back can’t take a pitch and then just chuck the ball away if he’s surrounded in the backfield. The tackle box exception is designed to shelter quarterbacks who take the snap and don’t give it to anybody else. Once the ball changes hands, that protection’s gone.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/10/16284302/reverse-flea-flicker-intentional-grounding-ncaa-2017

1 minute ago, PTOTiger said:

So, I’m all in on getting Gus outta town but doesn’t our defense shoulder some blame tonight? 

YES! very disappointing D effort.

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Our offensive line is horrible Stidham has rarely had time to setup and set into a throw. Poor recuriting and development on the line is starting to cone back and bite us.

What game are you watching. They give him NOTHING to work with. And when they finally do (once or twice a game) he is so rattled by the previous 20 attempts that he cant function. This offensive line is outdone only by the WR corps in terms of poor performance and underwhelming effort

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s so frustrating is not seeing worm any . He smoked ua with one play and then hasn’t seen the field 

Yep. 

And how about a crossing route to Schwartz. 

Archived