Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

War Eagle! Deflated some egos and get ready to work for the next one. Bet Bruce has these boys killing our next few opponents. 

One can hope! This team has so much potential. But will need to be locked in coming up. Season is about to be real

i am glad its over....i was shaking like i had a palsy i was so shook up......they are not playing team basketball again......this unbalanced scoring is going to cause problems against nc st

That was a horrible game for us. The last 8 minutes of the game it was get the ball to Harper and pray. What happened tonight to the rest of our talented team. We gotta do better. Thx btw on listening to auburntigers.com. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

One thing I know for a fact we can all agree on:

Horace has to stop shooting 3s.

Brown too.

I’m kidding. But no really....

For real, I’m kidding. 

I don’t know if I’m kidding .😓

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

In his defense, maybe that was supposed to be a pass...

41 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

we are far from aa #8 team

It be like this in basketball from night to night when you get away from home. Anything can happen. It had a march madness feel with the way the game crawled to a halting stop the way UAB was playing. I look at it as a positive. UAB made 5 more threes than us. They executed the perfect game plan and our best scorer had one of the worst games of his career and we still found a way to win. GUUUUUUUTTTTY!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I NEEDED THIS LAUGH EL TIGRE TONIGHT!!!!!! After that stressful game I almost spit out my sweet tea! thanks fam!!! I completely agree! He is getting worse and further and further from making them as well. Mac needs to stop shooting them as well. He is not close to the shooter he was last season.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It had a march madness feel with the way the game crawled to a halting stop the way UAB was playing.

Good game experience for when we play against Virginia in the final four?

10 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i am glad its over....i was shaking like i had a palsy i was so shook up......they are not playing team basketball again......this unbalanced scoring is going to cause problems against nc st

I know nothing about NC State this season but I do not expect us to win that game. The atmosphere is going to be crazy for a basketball school at their place and we would have to play absolutely lights out to win it. Just one of those typical road games in college basketball where you get a L dropped on you. Hope it is a great learning experience for us and we build on it.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I NEEDED THIS LAUGH EL TIGRE TONIGHT!!!!!! After that stressful game I almost spit out my sweet tea! thanks fam!!! I completely agree! He is getting worse and further and further from making them as well. Mac needs to stop shooting them as well. He is not close to the shooter he was last season.

Lolll man.. Horace is somehow regressing at the 3 when he was already at "maybe don't try to shoot those?" status. Yeah what I don't like about Mac's 3s is that he seems to force them rather than shooting good looks. His 3 ball has fallen off a cliff. We are going to need him to start hitting again soon because he makes us really dangerous when teams have to respect his shot

Just now, Tiger said:

Lolll man.. Horace is somehow regressing at the 3 when he was already at "maybe don't try to shoot those?" status. Yeah what I don't like about Mac's 3s is that he seems to force them rather than shooting good looks. His 3 ball has fallen off a cliff. We are going to need him to start hitting again soon because he makes us really dangerous when teams have to respect his shot

def fam!!! our most dangerous lineup is when the defense has to respect Macs three point shot and pulls away the center from the lane.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

def fam!!! our most dangerous lineup is when the defense has to respect Macs three point shot and pulls away the center from the lane.

Definitely. And don't worry about the stadium atmosphere at NC State. I will be there in full force raising a ruckus

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Definitely. And don't worry about the stadium atmosphere at NC State. I will be there in full force raising a ruckus

Students being out could def work in our favor. If that is even the case. WOOOO!!!!!! Tiger going in to deeeeeeeeeeeeep enemy territory!!! hahaha love it.

Just now, doverstutts said:

scary and revealing stat....only 10 assists for the game....does not cut it

Yup our assist numbers are gonna be low when we shoot so poorly. Would love to see the shooting mitigated by some driving dumpoffs down low to Wiley more consistently

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Yup our assist numbers are gonna be low when we shoot so poorly. Would love to see the shooting mitigated by some driving dumpoffs down low to Wiley more consistently

that is the problem, they are not looking for that and it concerns me

Only caught the second half on the radio and Rod and Coach did this one justice. Crowd sounded amazing. So thrilled that AU is at this level. I read the thread and am well aware of the general feeling here, and yes I know that AU has not gelled yet this year, and might not, but I’m thrilled to have a real that could pull out a win like that. There is a lot to learn from this game, and certainly a lot to work on, but I’m confident that Bruce can get the guys there. 

I haven’t watched NC State but we know they are traditionally a tough team and shooing like this won’t beat them. AU has really struggled on the road with shooting but every game is a chance to break out of that so hopefully they will in the next one. 

7 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

that is the problem, they are not looking for that and it concerns me

The first few games of the year we were passing the ball and he looked amazing. The last few games we have played it looks like everyone wants to take their player one in one. 

This was not a true road test. I think that arena had 70% auburn fans. The next game at NC state will be a really good test. It will tell us where we are at this point in the season. I think we are good no doubt. But we are Not great. We can be...

...and JH will be the player of the week. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SIAP BUT GIG EM BRUUUUUUUCE!!!!

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SIAP BUT GIG EM BRUUUUUUUCE!!!!

He must have been PO’d about something bc he is always over the top gracious relative to the other team. I like it😬

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Shots fired. UABs coach somehow uses more hair gel than Calipari. 

I am not political AT ALL. And do not dare venture over to that forum where I am terrified of the horror stories I hear from over there. BUUUUT the UAB coach def looks like 1 of Trumps sons!!! hahaha.

48 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

That was a horrible game for us. The last 8 minutes of the game it was get the ball to Harper and pray. What happened tonight to the rest of our talented team. We gotta do better. Thx btw on listening to auburntigers.com. 

I agree the team tends to rely on Harper at times way too much when things aren't clicking. Thank God hes awesome. Ball movement has to, has, Has To improve. That and hitting shots. 

Archived