Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

Had to leave the bjcc with about 5 minutes to play.  Great crowd.  Can’t wait to read through this thread and see some explanation of things we missed live.  Sure didn’t miss out atrocious shooting.  When we scored the first 7 points, this game screamed blowout.  My how the game changed

btw, were the refs as bad as it appeared live?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😃  Lots of people do that....about almost anything...

Our Christmas Tree lights are too bright & pretty.

There...

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kind of insane that you don’t think we’re that good. We’re ranked 8th, and have one loss to Duke. We’re top 10 in both offense and defense. Force over 20 turnovers a game, top 3 in blocks, and we’re a very good 3 point shooting team. Not sure what you’re missing.

Auburn shot less than 40% from the field and 18% from 3 this game. Not sure what you were watching but was not that great. Why is being critical of a team with a lot of potential just so horrible to some people on here?

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

First post in this thread is nega-barning. You were bitching. But I digress. We won. War Eagle!

Politics, social criticism, Auburn football,,, people just bitch to bitch these days. Agree with SMB, we won. They play the game to see who wins usually, no matter the spread. War Eagle!

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Well...maybe the game tonight...or against Asheville might have shown that we have some weaknesses.....and the more we play, the more the opposition will know now to exploit therm.    It's a long season....

Every team has weakness, but to say we’re not as good as we think we are is selling us way too short. Little instate school played us hard and we weren’t hitting our shots. It happens. We still won. 

We didn't play that well and still won. We will need a much better effort on Wednesday vs NC State. Can't wait to see these guys in person. 

When we don't shoot well we play well enough on D to keep it in reach. Not every team wants to play offense for 30 seconds but we still need to play better. Jared was heroic tonight and put us on his back 

1 minute ago, Weagle98 said:

Anyone notice that Bruce didn't say one word to their coach?  Even when you the other coach was talking to him. 

During the game both got tech’s yelling at each other.  The other coach must have said something pretty irritating

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Every team has weakness, but to say we’re not as good as we think we are is selling us way too short. Little instate school played us hard and we weren’t hitting our shots. It happens. We still won. 

Just suggesting that it is way too early in the year to know how good we are ...or how good we can be.  By the way.  Gonzaga lost tonight...again.   A lot of basketball to be played......we will learn a lot in weeks to come. JMO

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

Auburn shot less than 40% from the field and 18% from 3 this game. Not sure what you were watching but was not that great. Why is being critical of a team with a lot of potential just so horrible to some people on here?

I genuinely don’t care to go back and forth with you. We didn’t play well but like usual users on this site come into the forums to gripe and complain when Auburn doesn’t play well but are nowhere to be found when we’re playing well because there’s nothing to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Had to leave the bjcc with about 5 minutes to play.  Great crowd.  Can’t wait to read through this thread and see some explanation of things we missed live.  Sure didn’t miss out atrocious shooting.  When we scored the first 7 points, this game screamed blowout.  My how the game changed

btw, were the refs as bad as it appeared live?

Yes!  Perry or Bryant, or both, would drive and full extend arm push off, no call. Bryce Brown could have gotten a technical second half he was so pissed at one point when he went to the ground. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Just suggesting that it is way too early in the year to know how good we are ...or how good we can be.  By the way.  Gonzaga lost tonight...again.   A lot of basketball to be played......we will learn a lot in weeks to come. JMO

Too early? You serious? 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

😃  Lots of people do that....about almost anything...

It's getting very old.....all this repetitive misery.

UAB played their best game tonight. Congrats to them for hanging tough and giving it all they had. 

Also, UAB isn't a good 3 point shooting team but they hit some huuuuuuuge 3s at major moments. They just wouldn't go away

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Too early? You serious? 

absolutely....offensive balance is a real problem IMO....we have the ranking but teams are moving up and down every week....and Kentucky is out of the top 25 after being near the top.....and will be interesting to see what happens tg Gonzage this week. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

I genuinely don’t care to go back and forth with you. We didn’t play well but like usual users on this site come into the forums to gripe and complain when Auburn doesn’t play well but are nowhere to be found when we’re playing well because there’s nothing to complain about. 

You don’t have to go back and forth. This game is proof the team needs to get better. I’m here every game. Just like I told someone else, life happened and I didn’t get to post earlier but I don’t come here just to bitch. I love auburn and auburn basketball and this team has the potential to be great but have a long way to go to get to that point. Just because I post facts that show we played like crap today doesn’t mean o can’t enjoy the fact we won or only lost to duke. Not sure why people get so bent out of shape posting that we aren’t gods gift to basketball

2 minutes ago, 92AU said:

Whatever "it" is. Jared Harper has it in spades. No doubt he'll get a shot in the league. 

When he drives...when he shoots from way deep...he’s so clutch. Only egregious mistake I saw was going for the game winner 3 at the end of regulation. 

War Eagle! Deflated some egos and get ready to work for the next one. Bet Bruce has these boys killing our next few opponents. 

If you look at the past few games we just have not been shooting the ball well at all. We seem to be playing a lot of me ball instead of passing the ball. Spencer should stop taking 3s. Brown had the worst game of his life on offense and defense. We shot 38% and 18% from 3 hahaha... Uab did everything they wanted and hit 3 straight 3s to end the game ... and auburn still won. 

We have a long way to go but we are 9-1. I like the team’s grit. And Harper is the best pure PG in the country. 

It's a W.  We didn't play well but you have to give UAB credit for having a good plan and executing it.  They played their best game of the season.  Our shooting was horrendous except for Harper.  I don't know if the depth perception in the big arena had anything to do with our shooting but it was ugly.  We'll be OK going forward.  Good to see Purifoy get some minutes. 

Archived