tgrogan21

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Son, I've substanced you into ...

Rock%2B4.gif

This is what you're good at. You're good at being a clown

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chase massadrop and jvon McCormick are our best 3 point shooters they both average .500. I wonder why they don't play more though 🤔 they don't lead the country though there a quite a few that haven't missed a 3. What an amazing year. 

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. If you look at my write up I said he played well......but comparing him to Steph freaking curry? If we talking best shooters for auburn I'm not sure he's better than the person's yet alone the greatest ever??

Free throws, the desire to get to the free throw line, taking it to the rim without fear and supreme confidence to shoot NBA 3-pointers at crunch time. Those were the ONLY comparisons I made to Curry. NOT a "shooter" or "best ever."

As usual throughout this thread, you misconstrue statements and derive your own.

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

Free throws, the desire to get to the free throw line, taking it to the rim without fear and supreme confidence to shoot NBA 3-pointers at crunch time. Those were the ONLY comparisons I made to Curry. NOT a "shooter."

As usual throughout this thread, you misconstrue statements and derive your own.

The desire to get to the line.....😂 taking it to the rim...man I didn't know I was talented enough to get to the league....and stop lying you literally called him Steph curry

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah golden st has played 30 games and we've played 10. Steph has shot 91 and Harper has shot 39.....I refuse to believe you're that dense though, you're clearly trying to be manipulative in the stuff you're putting out....but why if you're right?

So Harper's free throw shooting this season isn't "comparable" or "similar" (YOUR words) to Curry's because the College game plays less games than the NBA.

6 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

So Harper's free throw shooting this season isn't "comparable" or "similar" (YOUR words) to Curry's because the College game plays less games than the NBA.

No because nobody would ever compare such a large disparity of attempts. That's why when keeping stats they do this thing that you have to have a certain amount of attempts.....but you know this, this is why you keep using this season as opposed to his overall body of work at the most you'd go compare their college numbers. You don't want to do that either though

3 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

They hit numerous circus shots in the paint and hit 3's out of their minds at the end of regulation. That's how they stayed in the game offensively.

Our defense was PHE-NOM-E-NAL. It was the offense that was horrible, which has happened almost every other game this season because we're typically a one-shot, no pass, 3-point offense.

Steph Curry ... errr ... Jared Harper saved the game for us at the free throw line.

Truly amazing that someone who knows basketball better than a lot of others on this site can sound so much like an insufferable knowitall at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Truly amazing that someone who knows basketball better than a lot of others on this site can sound so much like an insufferable knowitall at the same time. 

Sorry, I’m working on my tone. 

4 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

UAB coach incessantly harassed the refs, especially in the final minutes of the 1st half, much like the tyrant in my sig, getting away it without penalty. Guy would literally scream at one ref, ref would turn and walk away, then he would walk after him and harass him again, without penalty.

The topper was after the horn sounded in the 1st half. Guy wouldn't let the refs go to the lockerroom. Was in a complete rage walking right beside them, without penalty.

Bruce obviously had enough early in the 2nd half and purposely got both coaches T'd up, knowing that he could keep his cool and force the other guy to stop influencing the young refs and swallow his rage.

That is actually pretty brilliant.  

2 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Why can't we just enjoy another win instead of nitpicking every little thing and going out of the way to find something to complain about?

Remember, this is all Gus’ fault.  Even in basketball, or equestrian.  I would even venture out to say our chess team too. 

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

You too? Be better than that. Carry a grudge just because I don't think uab played an inspired game? Smh. I bet you have disagreed with me plenty of times before last night and I NEVER held it against you. But ok.

Getting back to the UAB game....hard to tell in my view about the game.   Looking back at all the teams we have played thus far, other than Duke, I think the rest have been over-hyped a bit and maybe the wins are not quite as significant as they once looked.   Our 8tth place ranking looks to be a stretch to me and a poor shooting night against UAB was almost an embarrassment. 

I doubt we will drop in the rankings until we have a loss or two..  We really do need to beat unranked NC State this coming week.   Plus...it probably does not and will not help us that the SEC (now that Kentucky has proven vulnerable).  At the moment the SEC does not look like a place for us to make a bunch of RPI points or however they now do the ranking system.  AU is gonna have to work real hard to get a second seed in March...JMO.   Hoping DP can blend into the line-up and give us some more firepower. 

I like Cole, believe it or not, but he really does need to learn to quit taking the tronz so seriously and to laugh at himself a bit and admit that he’s wrong some. 

A modicum of of self awareness is absolutely required to being good on the tronz

39 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I like Cole, believe it or not, but he really does need to learn to quit taking the tronz so seriously and to laugh at himself a bit and admit that he’s wrong some. 

A modicum of of self awareness is absolutely required to being good on the tronz

I admitted to mustache I was wrong today. Admitted to Mikey yesterday and we don't get along at all period. Hated to do it but I did because I was. This stuff about Steph curry???? I haven't been more right about anything in my life

I was at the game till 5 minute mark.  As a team ... we got outplayed.  It happens in sports.  We got outplayed and we won.  We won because we had an individual that made overcame and made a difference.  

I now can see the possibility that we lose both of the next 2 games.  I absolutely thought we’d throttle UAB.  I was wrong.  I now expect us to go 1-1 or worse in the next 2 games.  I hope I’m wrong.

Admittedly With virtually zero true basketball knowledge, I felt like CBP got out coached last night - which includes have the boys ready mentally to play.  I mentioned that earlier but was curious as to others opinions.

fwiw, I think CBP is light years better coach than uab’s.  Just thought it was a bad night.

The problem I see is that UAB is the third game in a row against second level (or lower) opposition where the team has had dry spells and generally was played to a standstill for significant parts of games by less talented teams.   

Maybe all the substituting breaks up the cohesion but whatever, we are not playing like a #8 team lately.....but managed to come through the valley of the shadow of death without a loss.   That's something to be happy about....but ya gotta wonder how long we keep that up?   

I’ve got a different opinion than many of you. UAB will won a lot of games if they played like they did last night. We’re going to get everyone’s best this year and will not always win games by 20+. I fear our fan base is becoming a bit spoiled with basketball by winning some of these games by 20+. Not even the great teams do that. Chill out. We’ve hit a bit of a dry spell in our last three games and we’ve still won all three by an average of over 13 points. We’ve got enough talent to be able to go through some of these spells and have one guy step up on those nights and carry us. It’s very common in basketball. We’re a good team, just chill out. 

Our biggest issue with the team is we have too many good players for them to get quality playing time...somebody will get their feelings hurt which may hurt us as a TEAM, I hope not....it's a good situation to be in, especially compared to where we've been the past 15 years.....but I do trust Coach Pearle and his staff...

5 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I was at the game till 5 minute mark.  As a team ... we got outplayed.  It happens in sports.  We got outplayed and we won.  We won because we had an individual that made overcame and made a difference.  

I now can see the possibility that we lose both of the next 2 games.  I absolutely thought we’d throttle UAB.  I was wrong.  I now expect us to go 1-1 or worse in the next 2 games.  I hope I’m wrong.

Admittedly With virtually zero true basketball knowledge, I felt like CBP got out coached last night - which includes have the boys ready mentally to play.  I mentioned that earlier but was curious as to others opinions.

fwiw, I think CBP is light years better coach than uab’s.  Just thought it was a bad night.

We got outplayed??

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

We got outplayed??

I thought we did.  We came out hot and made first 3 of 4 shots by 3 different players.  Wiley pulled boards and the crowd was solid.  Once uab took the lead, we looked like the team struggling to keep pace with them until Harper did his thing.  I was most disappointed in our bigs.  

I will say some of UAB's contested 3's were more "lucky" than good -- particularly for a crappy 3 point shooting team. But hey, we make enough of our own lucky contested 3s usually. We won. Hopefully we were looking ahead to NC State?

Also, NC State plays a style that is closer to ours. When we are on and playing at a pace we want to play at we can look like the team that throttled Washington.

UAB did play out of their mind to get the game to overtime. They looked dead about 5 times in the last 2 minutes of the game. 

Anyway....if we come out and look great against NC State we can go back to thinking we are best in the world and a final 4 team. There are what 30+ games in a basketball season. You can't live and die which game like you do in football. At least not until March rolls around. I still expect us to win the next 2 games. We'll see how we play though.....if we lose both or one i still think we have a great team that can make a deep run in the tourney. But we are not Duke or Kansas where we are loaded when sure fire NBA prospects. Folks need to come to peace with that. We are a scrappy team that plays hard and gets after the opponent. I'll personally take it and enjoy the season 

Archived