Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And of course if you look at the difference in foul shots...... and if AU were the team with 11 and the opponent had 34 attempts,  people would be screaming their heads off about the inequities of the officiating. 

BUT we won a road game where only Harper had a reasonable shooting night.   Take it and move on....JMO

Absolutely. If you look at my write up I said he played well......but comparing him to Steph freaking curry? If we talking best shooters for auburn I'm not sure he's better than the person's yet alone the greatest ever??

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Did you really show the 1 rebound? Being we have a 7 footer and a small forward as big as their center I'm going to give that to them points in the paint as well since you're pointing out 4 more points. Like I said they outplayed us in every area except free throws. I guess blocks too all the other stats you just posted to say "far cry from" is pathetic. I would've been ashamed to try to use 4 fast break points to hammer my argument home. We are incredibly more talented team and the fact they almost match us in every way with that difference in talent and experience is out playing us imo. You can have yours though

Those were just 8 stats that AU outplayed UAB in.

Shall I post a pic of the scoreboard?

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

Those were just 8 stats that AU outplayed UAB in.

Shall I post a pic of the scoreboard?

Tallest player uab has is the same size as our small forward. Explain how is having one more rebound is out playing them....then work your way down 👎🏾

Why can't we just enjoy another win instead of nitpicking every little thing and going out of the way to find something to complain about?

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Career free throw shooting is 78.6% curry has played years in college and NBA just seeing Harper percentage fluctuate shows that you can't compare curry career to Harper what ten games this year. I'll go hit ten free throws in a row right now.....I'm not to be compared to Larry bird. You're hilarious. You also just used a discrepancy such as this to show a "far cry" from out playing.....now it's close🤔

Curry has played NINE more years of professional ball than Harper has. A wee bit more practice time to hone his skills, namely free throw shooting.

You're the one who said "There is nothing similar. He doesn't compare with Steph in free throw shooting."

When Harper indeed DOES compare and is similar in free throw shooting to Curry in the 2018-2019 season thus far.

A mere 0.022 similar, comparable difference between an amateur player and a NINE-year professional player.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Absolutely. If you look at my write up I said he played well......but comparing him to Steph freaking curry? If we talking best shooters for auburn I'm not sure he's better than the person's yet alone the greatest ever??

Not me....I rarely compare players....too many variables that affect stats....and just glad Harper hit the shots when we needed them....

11 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

FWIW, that announcer was Pete Gillen, former Virginia, Xavier and Providence HC. IMO, I don't believe Gillen initially saw the slight push-off from UAB's guard nor Harper impeding the UAB guard's forward progress. Charging indeed was the correct call confirmed via the replay, not the initial camera view. I just believe Gillen reacted to the initial camera view.

NO. He said while showing the replay that "Harper was moving so it should be a foul on harper".  He couldn't be more wrong.

17 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

it's amazing that someone posts stats and objective data nad Cole still finds a way to convince himself that he was right. 

Hate it when facts force opinions to fumble at the goal line.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

NO. He said while showing the replay that "Harper was moving so it should be a foul on harper".  He couldn't be more wrong.

OK. I was also pointing out Gillen wasn't some clueless announcer. Was a HC for 20 years.

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Curry has played NINE more years of professional ball than Harper has. A wee bit more practice time to hone his skills, namely free throw shooting.

You're the one who said "There is nothing similar. He doesn't compare with Steph in free throw shooting."

When Harper indeed DOES compare and is similar in free throw shooting to Curry in the 2018-2019 season thus far.

A mere 0.022 similar, comparable difference between an amatuer player and a NINE-year professional player.

Well then don't use one freaking rebound as a far cry to being out played to guys we wouldn't even let visit us as a recruit to play for this team. And yes I'm the one who pointed out curry has played hundreds of games so you taking a snippet from 7 or 8 games is dumb to compare. Harper won't be in the 90's at the end of the year. 

I can't believe I wasted time arguing that Harper isn't Steph curry....I'm ashamed 😂 ok....you're right. 😂😂 we'll see if he guards Morant

7 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Why can't we just enjoy another win instead of nitpicking every little thing and going out of the way to find something to complain about?

But how will people know how smart I am?

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And of course if you look at the difference in foul shots...... and if AU were the team with 11 and the opponent had 34 attempts,  people would be screaming their heads off about the inequities of the officiating. 

BUT we won a road game where only Harper had a reasonable shooting night.   Take it and move on....JMO 

Nope. cole can't move on. He has to opine the defense was "horrible," when the factual defensive stats say otherwise.

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Tallest player uab has is the same size as our small forward. Explain how is having one more rebound is out playing them....then work your way down 👎🏾

Your quote: " We were outplayed in every other part of the game but forcing free throws "

EIGHT stats, not counting the scoreboard, says you're wrong.

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Nope. cole can't move on. He has to opine the defense was "horrible," when the factual defensive stats say otherwise.

You're the one still talking though. 

And j Perry shot 48% for the field 50% from 3 when he's a career 38% shooter from the field and 34% from three that's not good defense bud....but maybe if you played it was to you. We had close to the same turnovers and like you said we were full court press what defense did they play to have our offense so lack luster because if ours was phenomenal like you said theirs were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING right?

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well then don't use one freaking rebound as a far cry to being out played to guys we wouldn't even let visit us as a recruit to play for this team. And yes I'm the one who pointed out curry has played hundreds of games so you taking a snippet from 7 or 8 games is dumb to compare. Harper won't be in the 90's at the end of the year. 

No. The EIGHT factual stats as a WHOLE debunked your OPINION of " We were outplayed in every other part of the game but forcing free throws "

At this very moment, Harper is 0.022% below Curry in free throw percentage. Yet again, FACTS debunk OPINIONS.

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Your quote: " We were outplayed in every other part of the game but forcing free throws "

EIGHT stats, not counting the scoreboard, says you're wrong.

Yeah you can keep repeating that all you want but showing we had one more rebound or 3 less turnovers don't really make it true. Nobody is stupid there's a reason you just want to say 8 stats and not dive deep in them....you're on some clown stuff bro it's funny though

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

No. The EIGHT factual stats as a WHOLE debunked your OPINION of " We were outplayed in every other part of the game but forcing free throws "

At this very moment, Harper is 0.022% below Curry in free throw percentage. Yet again, FACTS debunk OPINIONS.

No like you said curry has played nine years and Harper has played 8 games.....Nobody on EARTH is fooled by you trying to skew numbers. Nobody is going to agree with you that Harper is as good of a shooter as curry....well gene will and it's not because he knows basketball it's because he thinks he's handsome

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You're the one still talking though. 

And j Perry shot 48% for the field 50% from 3 when he's a career 38% shooter from the field and 34% from three that's not good defense bud....but maybe if you played it was to you. We had close to the same turnovers and like you said we were full court press what defense did they play to have our offense so lack luster because if ours was phenomenal like you said theirs were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING right?

When you're done with your incomprehensible drivel, check out the stats and scoreboard from last night. We won. You apparently didn't.

When you're done with your incomprehensible drivel, check out the stats and scoreboard from last night. We won. You apparently didn't.

If you really had anything of substance you would have elaborated but you know you can't. But yeah you win we got one more rebound than uab. We outplayed them. 🙄😂

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah you can keep repeating that all you want but showing we had one more rebound or 3 less turnovers don't really make it true. Nobody is stupid there's a reason you just want to say 8 stats and not dive deep in them....you're on some clown stuff bro it's funny though

There we go. There it is. When you're losing the facts v opinions argument, go with insults. That always wins.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No like you said curry has played nine years and Harper has played 8 games.....Nobody on EARTH is fooled by you trying to skew numbers. Nobody is going to agree with you that Harper is as good of a shooter as curry

It's 2018-2019 stats. 0.022. Facts >>>> opinions

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you really had anything of substance you would have elaborated but you know you can't. But yeah you win we got one more rebound than uab. We outplayed them. 🙄😂

Son, I've substanced you into ...

Rock%2B4.gif

It's 2018-2019 stats. 0.022. Facts >>>> opinions

Yeah golden st has played 30 games and we've played 10. Steph has shot 91 and Harper has shot 39.....I refuse to believe you're that dense though, you're clearly trying to be manipulative in the stuff you're putting out....but why if you're right?

Archived