Men vs UAB

tgrogan21

FTR, I suggested that the UAB game would be good game experience that we can draw upon when we play Virginia in tbe final four. Still unlikely, but the sliver of hope is there. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I love y'alls rivalry. My favorite one on this board. It keeps me and other people entertained all the time. 

No rivalry exists between me and him, I do know how you all want to be entertained though

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Harper isn’t conclusively the best PG depending on how you look at it..him and Bone are neck and neck in terms of production, but Waters and Hagans are naturally more talented 

I think Harper does his thing and is my favorite in conference,  but it’s personal preference 

This is what I deal with though. I have a guy waiting for months.....he can't come up with anything so he takes a quote against another team to try to fit it here.....I literally forgot about this guy he's waiting for MONTHS! 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The point is that Cole is hopelessly wrong A LOT but insecurely demands attention whenever one of his dumb dumb claims turns out to be true. It’s really not worth bumping a thread for but I understand it bc Cole is pretty insufferable at times

Yet I have guys like you and him watching waiting every post and this is what you come up with. I'll be wrong about who fouled who and who had how many......but the game of basketball........feel free to point things I've said that's wrong. Be more creative than this guy. I'm sure I said something like we need to slow the ball down, don't wait find a game where we were running fast pace the entire game and say see??? You're a loser but be creative

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is what I deal with though. I have a guy waiting for months.....he can't come up with anything so he takes a quote against another team to try to fit it here.....I literally forgot about this guy he's waiting for MONTHS! 

Well playing devils advocate, there’s a lot of deserved loyalty to JH, who’ll likely finish as our most decorated PG ever. No reason not to have biases in that instance 

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is worse than people bringing up cold takes from 7 years ago, because the point Cole made wasn’t incorrect lol 

Who's cold?:poke:

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well playing devils advocate, there’s a lot of deserved loyalty to JH, who’ll likely finish as our most decorated PG ever. No reason not to have biases in that instance 

Harper is great I just don't think he's best in the country that doesn't mean I think he's bad. I think he's impressive. When he was playing uab I was happy he stopped shooting jumpers and if I recall right he earned a bunch of trips to the line

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Nope. You’ve been wrong about Harper for MONTHS. You were BURIED with your Harper comments today. He sealed the South Carolina game with drives and free throws, JUST like he did v UAB. Then he BURIED Florida and YOU with multiple 3’s AND the game-clincher today. 

It’s ok that you’re wrong. It happens, even to pretenders and wanna-bes. You and bigbird will get over it.

3 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Nope. You’ve been wrong about Harper for MONTHS. You were BURIED with your Harper comments today. He sealed the South Carolina game with drives and free throws, JUST like he did v UAB. Then he BURIED Florida and YOU with multiple 3’s AND the game-clincher today. 

It’s ok that you’re wrong. It happens, even to pretenders and wanna-bes. You and bigbird will get over it.

Ok quote those posts then. Don't claim it, show my posts about Harper lol. 

14 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Cole has never said (at least from what I've ever read) that Harper was bad or terrible. All he said (3 freaking months ago) was we won the UAB game because Harper started driving to the basket and stopped shooting jump shots. During that game Harper was 7-19 from the field and when he started driving the basket he kept getting fouled. He made almost HALF of his points at the FT line. If you're not shooting the ball well, start driving and trying to get points elsewhere. Pretty easy logic to understand for most people. 

23 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Huh?  Please stop ... Harper has been integral by driving, by shooting threes, by FT’s, by hustle, by defensive, by assists, etc... he’s done different things on different nights.

he used late drives and FT’s last night and 3’s in the first half and final shot tonight.  Not sure what your point is, but dredging up a 3 month old post ... jeez

Harper has been extremely important and will end up being an Auburn great. Anybody that can’t see that isn’t paying attention 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

tenor.gif

You know Auburn is becoming a legit really good top 25 program annually when there is bitching back and forth like there would be on a football thread!!! I do not mind it at all. If this is the cost of being a good Bball program THEN BRING IT ON BABY!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! I am just glad unlike for football I get to play the role of 64 and mikey and be the basketball version of them sunshine pumping instead of always being negative like I am for football. Amazing how different life is for the sports when Gus is not the coach. Everyone moods are better. WAR DAMN BRUCE AND BUTCH THOMPSON BABY!!!!!

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Harper has been extremely important and will end up being an Auburn great. Anybody that can’t see that isn’t paying attention 

Lol at this, you just letting him suck you in huh

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You know Auburn is becoming a legit really good top 25 program annually when there is bitching back and forth like there would be on a football thread!!! I do not mind it at all. If this is the cost of being a good Bball program THEN BRING IT ON BABY!!! WOOOOOOO!!!! I am just glad unlike for football I get to play the role of 64 and mikey and be the basketball version of them sunshine pumping instead of always being negative like I am for football. Amazing how different life is for the sports when Gus is not the coach. Everyone moods are better. WAR DAMN BRUCE AND BUTCH THOMPSON BABY!!!!!

There’s really not any back and forth, it’s just one guy that thought he had a point 

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s really not any back and forth, it’s just one guy that thought he had a point 

hahaha REALLY?!?! Out of everything I said THAT is what you got out of it?! COME ON MAAAAAAN! What is the fun in that? BUT TBH I just wanted a excuse to praise Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuce and Butch some more. WOOOO!!

ett.gif

7 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

The point is that Cole is hopelessly wrong A LOT but insecurely demands attention whenever one of his dumb dumb claims turns out to be true. It’s really not worth bumping a thread for but I understand it bc Cole is pretty insufferable at times

I'll deal with you just like your boy show it. I have people like you and him watching my every posts so if I'm wrong ALOT should be easy to show. Last time you tried it didn't work out but try again you have about of material right? You can find the wrong person was fouled or the number of fouls and stuff like that but all the opinions I offer and that's all you got? I'm ok with that. I think I've done a pretty good job. This season may be my best one yet

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'll deal with you just like your boy show it. I have people like you and him watching my every posts so if I'm wrong ALOT should be easy to show. Last time you tried it didn't work out but try again you have about of material right? You can find the wrong person was fouled or the number of fouls and stuff like that but all the opinions I offer and that's all you got? I'm ok with that. I think I've done a pretty good job. This season may be my best one yet

How many times are you going to quote the same post? Don’t let him get in your head. 

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How many times are you going to quote the same post? Don’t let him get in your head. 

Lol go find the other post.....y'all wild. Nobody is in my head, don't get mad at me feeding it get mad at the troll. 

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol go find the other post.....y'all wild. Nobody is in my head, don't get mad at me feeding it get mad at the troll. 

I don’t know man. You’ve quoted the same post three times on this page alone. And nobody is sucking me in. I don’t know your feelings about Harper but he will always be the little general to me. He stepped up when nobody else did.

You should consider it a compliment that people try to prove you wrong.  

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know man. You’ve quoted the same post three times on this page alone. And nobody is sucking me in. I don’t know your feelings about Harper but he will always be the little general to me. He stepped up when nobody else did.

You should consider it a compliment that people try to prove you wrong.  

If you started talking about Harper from a post 4 months ago you were sucked in. Any I have not 3 times. I wrote the same thing to two different people but if I was you I wouldn't pay attention either. I'm stuck at an airport I have nothing else to do. 

I do consider it a compliment though, just not with those two. How often have you had to have interaction with them? Should be a kiddie section. I want to talk sports.....this is different

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you started talking about Harper from a post 4 months ago you were sucked in. Any I have not 3 times. I wrote the same thing to two different people but if I was you I wouldn't pay attention either. I'm stuck at an airport I have nothing else to do. 

I do consider it a compliment though, just not with those two. How often have you had to have interaction with them? Should be a kiddie section. I want to talk sports.....this is different

I’ve interacted with Gene because he likes Auburn basketball and he provides some recruiting updates. I don’t go in depth with him or anyone regarding schematics or what I’m seeing, but he does offer valid points. Your rivalry with him offers a nice contrast in opinion and I imagine many other board readers fall under the camp of your opinion as well as his.  I don’t know who the other poster is. 

The kiddie comment is just an example of why people want to grind your gears. Some are more in tune than others. Their points may seem kiddie to you, but to me, I think what you’re trying to say is they’re just casual fans. 

Archived