NC State Pregame/Postgame Thread

Scotty2Hotty

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nobody said a player ruined a team in three days, or any other length of time. Where do you get this outlandish stuff?

The chemistry has changed recently and the only obvious difference is adding Purifoy to the mix. Let's hope Coach Pearl gets this put rights. In the meantime, reading comprehension would be YOUR friend.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

One thing is quite clear: At this point in time, we are not a top-ten team and maybe not top 20. Had it not been for a super-human 15 minutes from Harper, we'd have lost the UAB game also.

I poo-poohed the idea, but a few weeks ago someone posted that adding Purifoy might do more harm than good. Obviously, that's now a possibility because it's not just the game situations that have changed, practice has by definition changed too. Here's hoping Coach Pearl can get it worked out.

Ok you just said he's done more harm than good I'm sorry. You said practice by definition has changed. I'm saying that's ridiculous to think in 5 days. 2 which are game days....so yes, what you said just doesn'tmake too much sense as far as ruined chemistry.....like I said the bench did their jobs this last game it's dp's fault

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Ok you just said he's done more harm than good I'm sorry. You said practice by definition has changed. I'm saying that's ridiculous to think in 5 days. 2 which are game days....so yes, what you said just doesn'tmake too much sense as far as ruined chemistry.....like I said the bench did their jobs this last game it's dp's fault

Man, can't you READ? I certainly did not say he's done more harm than good. I said someone's posted opinion to that effect is a possibility. Practice has changed. Purifoy cannot  be worked into game preparation practices without things changing. That's so elementary it shouldn't need mentioning.

I'll add that I thought UAB out worked and out hustled Auburn. Harper's heroics saved the day, but for most of that game we got whipped by a team with inferior talent. If that doesn't indicate a possible disruption of team chemistry I don't know what could.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'll add that I thought UAB out worked and out hustled Auburn. Harper's heroics saved the day, but for most of that game we got whipped by a team with inferior talent. If that doesn't indicate a possible disruption of team chemistry I don't know what could.

Any of these would lead to being out played by an inferior team.

Lack of mental toughness

Lack of focus

Lack of desire

Laziness

Complacency

Over sense of self worth or value

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Man, can't you READ? I certainly did not say he's done more harm than good. I said someone's posted opinion to that effect is a possibility. Practice has changed. Purifoy cannot  be worked into game preparation practices without things changing. That's so elementary it shouldn't need mentioning.

I'll add that I thought UAB out worked and out hustled Auburn. Harper's heroics saved the day, but for most of that game we got whipped by a team with inferior talent. If that doesn't indicate a possible disruption of team chemistry I don't know what could.

I quoted you......you wrote that and co-signed it. Now you didn't say it as if you don't agree with it....then why the hell did you quote it? And it's funny that you say it's elementary when apparently you don't know. Why would you have to change practice? Change it how? Are we running different drills? 

And it's either he's been practicing but not playing which means everything is the same or he just started when they didn't even have time to practice. Walk throughs and getting shots up.....but I guess the walkthrough confused the ran into not hitting shots.....how silly of me not to see something so untrue and elementary

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Any of these would lead to being out played by an inferior team.

Lack of mental toughness

Lack of focus

Lack of desire

Laziness

Complacency

Over sense of self worth or value

You forgot that adding a new player into the mix effects team chemistry. You need to include that on your list.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I quoted you......you wrote that and co-signed it. Now you didn't say it as if you don't agree with it....then why the hell did you quote it?

You quoted what I posted and then in your comments conveniently left out the part where I said it was a possibility. You consistently change other's posts around to suit your mantra. I do agree that it's a possibility. (Clue for you, possibility and certainty are different things) The idea that personnel can be changed without changing practice and team chemistry is ludicrous.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You forgot that adding a new player into the mix effects team chemistry. You need to include that on your list.

You already had team chemistry on the list and indicated that you didn't know what else could affect play.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Now you know there is more than one thing...

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

You quoted what I posted and then in your comments conveniently left out the part where I said it was a possibility. You consistently change other's posts around to suit your mantra. I do agree that it's a possibility. (Clue for you, possibility and certainty are different things) The idea that personnel can be changed without changing practice and team chemistry is ludicrous.

I didn't and don't change anything that anybody says. I didn't leave out anything from you I quoted you. You said that to say you agree with it.....now you want to argue about you didn't say it. If you didn't agree with it or didn't want to be associated with the idea you wouldn't have wrote it. You just want to take attention off you don't know what you are talking about. 

If it's ludicrous explain. Give an example of how practice could be changed.....if anybody has to deal with chemistry it's the bench and they played well. Chemistry would be offense jumbled people not in their spots, defensive lapses....that's not what happened with us. Somebody said it was slippery but whatever reason we couldn't hold on to the ball and kept turning the ball over and we can't make jump shots....has nothing to do with team chemistry or practice that we couldn't hit jump shots. We're not the best shooting team in the first place but we usually shoot better than that. It's not like DP came in and shot 15 shots or anything

26 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So when do we begin questioning the head coach on how he is handling the team?

I don't think he's done anything wrong so far. If they have another game shooting a bunch of jump shots and nobody attacking the basket and if there aren't any calls to feed the post then I think it's a problem. But I don't think anybody can do anything about going ice cold. We did look pretty bad at the very end of NC State but we played better in the second half than first and against Xavier, uab and Duke we played well at the close of games. We just haven't had that beginning to end game yet IMO

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You already had team chemistry on the list and indicated that you didn't know what else could affect play.

Now you know there is more than one thing...

Team chemistry isn't on the list. Team chemistry is the subject. Of course there are any number of thngs that can affect team chemistry. A coach quits, a player quits, three get arrested, those things can affect team chemistry. What you listed is other things, besides team chemistry, that can cause a team to lose a game. Different subject.

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If it's ludicrous explain. Give an example of how practice could be changed.

Joe joins team. Joe is assigned to guard Jim in practice. Before Joe got there, Tom was assigned to guard Jim but now Tom guards George. Practice is changed.

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Joe joins team. Joe is assigned to guard Jim in practice. Before Joe got there, Tom was assigned to guard Jim but now Tom guards George. Practice is changed.

Personnel changed. Practice is the same. That scenario and any other you come up with doesn't change anybody's performance or play in a game....and if it did it couldn't change it when they didn't even have time to have a practice to scrimmage against each other. They only had time to have walk through in 3 days both games were away

Archived