2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

I had kind of a bad feeling when he didn't sign in December. Oh well, to heck with him if he didn't want to come to Auburn.

So wasn't GP in contact with Bo...or vice versa during the recruiting process.?           

Take the kids who want to come here......and hoping they have a good career on the Plains. 

15 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Pickens said he knew on Sunday night it was Georgia. The right thing to do would have been to call CGM and let him know your decision. Obviously Pickens is in to playing games and stringing people along. Karma has a way of working things out for those kind of people. We will see how it plays out for him. 

Their 247 site worded an article weird and their fans think he told him face to face over the weekend visit and are applauding his character, when it is not the case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But did anyone following those recruitments really think they were going to sign with AU?   And JMO but you believe at your own risk what many of these kids say about who they favor. 

CyKo actually committed to Auburn on NSD. So yes.

Evans promised the staff that he was committing to Auburn right up until NSD. So yes.

Foster not as much, but he did get an Auburn tattoo. Only difference there is that the decommit happened earlier.

Not sure why you asked, though?

The main reason I was excited for GP was because of how in sync him and Bo were already.  That could have been something special.  Surprised he would not want to keep that going.  I was a bit concerned with the Diva syndrome on the field.  I know you can use that on a team to an extent, but anyways.  Sheffield showing out and JJ are encouraging enough for me.

26 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Honest question. Looking at our HUGE OLine needs and considering that we really don't throw a ton and even if we wanted to, that becomes difficult with no OLine as we saw this past year, would u take a recruiting trade of Bell & Henry for Pickens loss? I say give me the 2 OLinemen. 

All day long. 

3 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

I just know that most undergrads who gain admission to Auburn could’ve gotten into Miami. I’ve had several friends that couldn’t get into Miami and chose Auburn instead. But I’m not sure how scholarship athletics works; I know the standards must be a little lower for athletes in general and might be more equal across programs

They are different for athlete’s. Crazy thing about Miami is that a ton of people don’t realize Miami is a private school as opposed to AU being public. The AU experience is way better than what Miami has. They do not even have an on Campus stadium. 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But did anyone following those recruitments really think they were going to sign with AU?   And JMO but you believe at your own risk what many of these kids say about who they favor. 

The coaching staff definitely believed. Why wouldn’t we? 

4 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

They are different for athlete’s. Crazy thing about Miami is that a ton of people don’t realize Miami is a private school as opposed to AU being public. The AU experience is way better than what Miami has. They do not even have an on Campus stadium. 

Yep, I never wanted to go anywhere but Auburn for undergrad

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

They are different for athlete’s.

They can't be.  That would be a violation.

A University's written minimum requirements are the minimum requirements for all students who apply to that school.  Preferential treatment by way of lowering the requirement cannot be extended because a student is gifted in a particular area such as athletics.  However the minimum is only a starting place for those students who do not show talent in a particular area (such as athletics).

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

The coaching staff definitely believed. Why wouldn’t we? 

The coaches are optimists and probably trust what they are told....and can't afford to show skepticism to the recruits or family.  

JMO but we are watching at a distance and should have seen enough over the years to be skeptical about any kid whose recruitment looks like this one .

Plus if anyone had come on this Forum and raised any questions about the character of this kid, the showboating, etc....the posts would likely have been pulled right away.   JMO but the sunshine pumpers are the ones who buy the act of the GPs or Reubens's of the world and are surprised when they pull this kind of stunt. 

We all knew Pickens was gone when failed to sign earlier, he is a scumbag for not telling the coaches but with the grade issue ? I hope he enjoys junior college and no one will remember him by this time next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The coaches are optimists and probably trust what they are told....and can't afford to show skepticism to the recruits or family.  

JMO but we are watching at a distance and should have seen enough over the years to be skeptical about any kid whose recruitment looks like this one .

Plus if anyone had come on this Forum and raised any questions about the character of this kid, the showboating, etc....the posts would likely have been pulled right away.   JMO but the sunshine pumpers are the ones who buy the act of the GPs or Reubens's of the world and are surprised when they pull this kind of stunt. 

My gut said he wasnt coming. Especially this morning when he moved times and location. to many red flags for me.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Plus if anyone had come on this Forum and raised any questions about the character of this kid, the showboating, etc....the posts would likely have been pulled right away.

There was a lot of discussion of his on-field behavior, and plenty of people wondered why he didn't commit early and why he did a lot of somewhat contradictory tweeting.

In general, though I agree with the concept of not throwing shade at recruits. I personally kept my thoughts about Pickens to myself. (Probably sounds like revisionist history and that's okay.) Besides, as @autigeremt pointed out, it's not like I've ever met the kid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

They can't be.  That would be a violation.

A University's written minimum requirements are the minimum requirements for all students who apply to that school.  Preferential treatment by way of lowering the requirement cannot be extended because a student is gifted in a particular area such as athletics.  However the minimum is only a starting place for those students who do not show talent in a particular area (such as athletics).

Yea, but they are very different. Scholarship athlete’s only have to meet the minimum. Almost always, non athlete students have to far exceed this minimum to be accepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

We all knew Pickens was gone when failed to sign earlier, he is a scumbag for not telling the coaches but with the grade issue ? I hope he enjoys junior college and no one will remember him by this time next year. 

And if he qualifies are we going to say UGA bought him?

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

any word on people like Jamious Griffin? did he go to GT? or Fuller? 

Griffin to GT and good for them.  Maybe they will have a competent team now.  Happy for GT.

Just now, abw0004 said:

Griffin to GT and good for them.  Maybe they will have a competent team now.  Happy for GT.

yes i was hoping he would go to GT if not AU. I hope he runs all over UGA for 4 years

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Happy for Tech and Griffin, too. His people get to come watch him play and then go home and sleep in their own beds at night. Great education, fun city, wins all around. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Who's not saying that already?

Exactly, even Auburn players have said it- this was orchestrated by Kirby to make himself look better in the National Media - look at what I did last second BS - and Pickens played the part. Same 💩 different school for Kirby.