2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Also picked up highly touted 3* Justin Osborne at Tackle 

Most see Osborne as a OG. Osborne is yet another "tweener," not a true OT.

19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’ll eat some crow on AU being embarrassed by Pickens flipping. Pickens is getting destroyed on the radio for the way he did his recruitment. 

Oddly enough even the kids at Hoover are giving him a hard time not because he picked Georgia but because of the jerk way he did it. Kid always had a big ego. My guess is that this pretty much locks Robbie Ashford and his big ego up for Ga..

I had a feeling when the location was different it may go south.....but to heck with it....Im happy for the guys choosing AU.....MAR, KB, K. Bell, C. Moore....If we can pull Henry I will take the rest of the day off and drink in celebration.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think you know what highly touted means!!!! hahaha but hey we need warm bodies at tackle. He has a real good frame. I REALLLLLY HOPE he works out.

Just because you're a 3 star doesn't mean you're not highly touted 

Just now, Sizzle said:

Just because you're a 3 star doesn't mean you're not highly touted 

I am a star whore so it does to me. I NEED my 4 and 5 stars to survive!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

Everyone forgetting Octavius Brothers 

Yes....I hope we land Brothers as well.....but my bigger concern is Henry...if we get both i may take rest of the week off

Honest question. Looking at our HUGE OLine needs and considering that we really don't throw a ton and even if we wanted to, that becomes difficult with no OLine as we saw this past year, would u take a recruiting trade of Bell & Henry for Pickens loss? I say give me the 2 OLinemen. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes....I hope we land Brothers as well.....but my bigger concern is Henry...if we get both i may take rest of the week off

What does it look like for us to get Henry and Brothers?

1 minute ago, AubFanCT said:

Honest question. Looking at our HUGE OLine needs and considering that we really don't throw a ton and even if we wanted to, that becomes difficult with no OLine as we saw this past year, would u take a recruiting trade of Bell & Henry for Pickens loss? I say give me the 2 OLinemen. 

I would definitely take it. Pickens is a loss but maybe a gain in a way. Based off the way he did his recruitment....He may have been a problem in the locker room for all we know and later dismissed. You never know.....So yes I would much rather have the 2 OL even though Pickens makes us look better on paper

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

What does it look like for us to get Henry and Brothers?

Last I heard Brothers is high confidence....all by a lock according to some....to me not until the ink is signed as apparent with GP....but Henry trending FSU last I heard....hoping that "we want to play together " dialogue with he and K. Bell holds true and pulls him to AU

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I would definitely take it. Pickens is a loss but maybe a gain in a way. Based off the way he did his recruitment....He may have been a problem in the locker room for all we know and later dismissed. You never know.....So yes I would much rather have the 2 OL even though Pickens makes us look better on paper

Agree. Wide receiver was not a need for us and having said that, you take a 5 star guy all day long as we wanted to do with Pickens. He burned us, we will be fine. We need the OL in a bad way.. 

16 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Is this Wells Fargo?

Yes, it is.

This is Gus Malzahn. Please cancel that wire to the account of George Pickens. Here is where it needs to go. To a Mr. Kamaar Bell. And make it snappy. 

Yes sir, Mr. Malzahn.

😝😝😝👏👏👏

Pickens said he knew on Sunday night it was Georgia. The right thing to do would have been to call CGM and let him know your decision. Obviously Pickens is in to playing games and stringing people along. Karma has a way of working things out for those kind of people. We will see how it plays out for him. 

3 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Strange to me. Miami has slightly stricter admissions hurdles than Auburn. At least that has been my experience with people who have applied to both. Not sure if it’s different for athletes

Are you sure that is the case with athletic scholarship signees or are you talking about non scholly students. Just guessing with scholly athletes we are close to the same as Miami. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. Also, CyKo, Foster and Evans were all at positions of much greater need. 

But did anyone following those recruitments really think they were going to sign with AU?   And JMO but you believe at your own risk what many of these kids say about who they favor. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

99B8C216-ED35-4C47-B396-AF7B4278E770.gif

Now THAT's the kind of energy I like out of my Pens fans. :)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pickens is getting destroyed on the radio for the way he did his recruitment. 

And this changes what, exactly? Just curious. I moved on the minute after he announced his decision.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But did anyone following those recruitments really think they were going to sign with AU?   And JMO but you believe at your own risk what many of these kids say about who they favor. 

I definitely thought Cyko was...Foster and Evans not so much. I was never comfortable with Pickens. This morning was not a surprise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Pickens said he knew on Sunday night it was Georgia. The right thing to do would have been to call CGM and let him know your decision. Obviously Pickens is in to playing games and stringing people along. Karma has a way of working things out for those kind of people. We will see how it plays out for him. 

I had kind of a bad feeling when he didn't sign in December. Oh well, to heck with him if he didn't want to come to Auburn.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Are you sure that is the case with athletic scholarship signees or are you talking about non scholly students. Just guessing with scholly athletes we are close to the same as Miami. 

I just know that most undergrads who gain admission to Auburn could’ve gotten into Miami. I’ve had several friends that couldn’t get into Miami and chose Auburn instead. But I’m not sure how scholarship athletics works; I know the standards must be a little lower for athletes in general and might be more equal across programs