2019 Offical NSD Thread

aujeff11

Spending a lot of time grieving over GP...but did I read that we got MAR?      When we were after him it was said he was a "game changer"....hoping that turns out to be the case. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Spending a lot of time grieving over GP...but did I read that we got MAR?      When we were after him it was said he was a "game changer"....hoping that turns out to be the case. 

Fantastic get! Gus & Co. knocked RB recruiting out of the park this cycle. 

• Like 3

Just now, McLoofus said:

Fantastic get! Gus & Co. knocked RB recruiting out of the park this cycle. 

I think its the perfect 1-2 punch .....IMO we got 2 of the top 10 backs in the country....and i feel like DJ is one of top 3

11 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Yea, but they are very different. Scholarship athlete’s only have to meet the minimum. Almost always, non athlete students have to far exceed this minimum to be accepted.

I believe in cases they allow athletes in that do not meet the lowest requirements, at least that is how it use to be.

It's only  mid afternoon and I'm already out of "reactions"......not fair on a day like this requires almost unlimited opportunity to show our feelings...

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Jammie Robison to SCAR....not suprised

I guess he wants to not win a division title for four years and likely experience a change in head coach *shrug* that said, I like the Carolinas and if my roots weren't in Florida/Alabama I'd probably live up that way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep, and we beat out UGA for his signature.  That is actually the third player we beat UGA for (Pappoe and Williams being the other two).

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

They really did. 

And I remember just a few short months ago we were all on here so upset about the state of our RB Crootin and now we have to just eat it because i think we hit 2 homeruns

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

And I remember just a few short months ago we were all on here so upset about the state of our RB Crootin and now we have to just eat it because i think we hit 2 homeruns

I was still pretty unsure about it until a couple hours ago!

• Haha 1

All in all, we did very well in the state of Georgia and this is solid class.  Our RBs are some of the best out there. Getting Moore, MAR & Bell were big gets. We still have Brothers to go and maybe Henry. Will see in a few minutes. 

That's what I like....a little "sunshine pumping" over the RB situation..

Wonder if Caddy had any impact on any of this?  probably too early but on the other hand, did not have a negative impact either it seems.   He's got some good material to work with.    

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Its been 2 minutes

THE TRAINS MUST RUN ON TIME

:pcprobs:

• Like 1

Since this off-topic issue has already been raised ---

The minimum standards at Auburn, UGA, Miami, UF, LSU, Bama, etc are all pretty much the same. HOWEVER, the percentage of applicants they actually admit varies quite a lot, and the average ACT/SAT/high school grades of the accepted/enrolled students can be significantly higher at some schools. So, even with similar minimum standards, the number of applicants turned away vs accepted varies a lot.

With Miami as an example, being a private school that is ranked considerably higher than Auburn academically, the two schools have very similar minimum standards. But Miami only accepts 36% of applicants, while Auburn accepts 84%. The average ACT/SAT scores of students at Miami are higher than those at Auburn as a result.

That said, because Miami has similarly low minimum admission requirements as Auburn, they can admit anyone who meets those lower admission standards. This gives them the option to admit kids with special needs, veterans with only GDE, kids with average grades but special talents (like music or art) ---- OR athletes who would not normally make the cut academically but do meet the minimum standards.

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Is this Wells Fargo?

Yes, it is.

This is Gus Malzahn. Please cancel that wire to the account of George Pickens. Here is where it needs to go. To a Mr. Kamaar Bell. And make it snappy. 

Yes sir, Mr. Malzahn.

If we were offering a 3* OL the same thing as a 5* WR, no wonder UGA got him.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Are you sure that is the case with athletic scholarship signees or are you talking about non scholly students. Just guessing with scholly athletes we are close to the same as Miami. 

His last sentence literally says that he doesn't know if its different from athletes.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So wasn't GP in contact with Bo...or vice versa during the recruiting process.?           

Take the kids who want to come here......and hoping they have a good career on the Plains. 

Did you not see how many camps they did together? Of course they were in contact, lol

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

247 says 1 minute 30 sec for Bell decision....im sure its not exact 

We already have bell don't we?

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

3 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If we were offering a 3* OL the same thing as a 5* WR, no wonder UGA got him.

His last sentence literally says that he doesn't know if its different from athletes.

Did you not see how many camps they did together? Of course they were in contact, lol

We already have bell don't we?

Sorry Henry