Danjel Purifoy (Threads Merged)

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This only strengthens what I say

The only thing that could possibly strengthen your unfounded " the coaches told him to gain weight" claim is a link. That's something you have failed provide.

19 hours ago, Tiger said:

To be honest I only remember the part where he said the coaches told him to lose weight. I remember that tweet about him saying he's losing weight and a video of him doing something in the gym. Can you link the part where he was told to put weight on? Not doubting you just curious since I missed it. And I'll damn sure admit I don't know enough about body fat and whatnot to know anything about how the speed in which one gains/loses weight has any correlation to the type of weight that was put on -- in terms of being good or bad weight. 

Really my question on all of this just lies in what the truth was behind him gaining the weight in the first place. Now, the insider that E references "Hooks" was the first person I had seen on the internet reference Danjel being out of shape or overweight and winded which was after the exhibition game. I just haven't seen it mentioned on any board, including from the insider, that he was instructed to gain weight so that's why I'm wondering where you are saying he was told to.

After rereading your post I don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm saying to me it just makes sense or seems logical that if he is over weight for a period of time and when he is told to lose weight because of a change of position and he does so immediately that there isn't any weight problem.

If the scenario of he gained a bunch of weight on his own, well I imagine coaches just like us would say too much get it off. Well as soon as the coaches told him it came off no problem. It doesn't make sense that the coaches waited way until then to lose weight.  The fact that he was excited to lose the weight and did it immediately logically leads me to think will this isn't a weight problem. It can't be a problem if he apparently is open and doing what he's told.

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

The only thing that could possibly strengthen your unfounded " the coaches told him to gain weight" claim is a link. That's something you have failed provide.

You're the last person I'm worried about proving something to the way you just lied and weaseled around. not your place

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Naw common sense. I don't care if all you hate this guy guts but if he was told to lose weight to play a position it's hard to think he was told to gain weight to play a bigger position.....don't believe it. It's no sweat off my back I promise you

Feel bad for the guy but I think he is done at AU....played about a minute today unless I missed some of his time on the floor.   He took an ill advised shot about the first time he touched the ball and was back on the bench soon thereafter.   

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Feel bad for the guy but I think he is done at AU....played about a minute today unless I missed some of his time on the floor.   He took an ill advised shot about the first time he touched the ball and was back on the bench soon thereafter.   

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

interesting.....

GREAT news!! I think Danjel will get back to his former self next year. I’m very impressed with how he’s hung in there when everything seems against him. I hope this young man finishes his Auburn career with a bang!

He's had one of the craziest careers I've ever seen. Hope things finally work out for him next season.

I’m glad he’s coming back.  I hope he’ll put the hard work in and comes back on fire next year.  An argument can be made that Harper, purifoy, Chuma and Wiley could all be back ... along with amac and Samir and Johnson ... that’s the making of a solid base for the newbies to fit into.

Will need to work hard in the off season on his outside shooting, especially around the 3 point arch (needs to play like Dunbar next season)....feel he is making the right decision for his career....wish him the best....a lot of AU TIGERS are pulling for him!!!!

Well I was really glad to see this. Things haven’t worked out like he would have wanted so far I’m sure, good news is his story isn’t finished yet. Setting up for a possible storybook ending perhaps?? Could be. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:25 PM, cole256 said:

I'll try it out!

And if it works, Bird will take credit 😉

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

Naw common sense. I don't care if all you hate this guy guts but if he was told to lose weight to play a position it's hard to think he was told to gain weight to play a bigger position.....don't believe it. It's no sweat off my back I promise you

Where do you get this crazy stuff? Nobody hates the guy. He got too heavy and was told to lose weight and so he did. You made the ridiculous claim that he was initially told to gain the weight. You made that claim because that puts the blame on the coaching staff instead of the player. Now when people ask you to verify your claim, you can't. Your motive is not complicated.

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I hope he does come back and is a big success. He certainly had that capability at one time. Now, do I think that's going to happen? No, I don't but I can hope it does.

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Where do you get this crazy stuff? Nobody hates the guy. He got too heavy and was told to lose weight and so he did. You made the ridiculous claim that he was initially told to gain the weight. You made that claim because that puts the blame on the coaching staff instead of the player. Now when people ask you to verify your claim, you can't. Your motive is not complicated.

Blame on the coaching staff? You're the one that doesn't like the coach it's not rocket science you're not going to tell a guy to play power forward at 200 pounds. You left out something btw....he was told to lose weight BECAUSE HE WAS CHANGING POSITIONS AGAIN, I know you didn't mean too though being how you're such a straight shooter and all..... 

• ellitor changed the title to Daniel Purifoy (Threads Merged)

He is getting ( giving himself) a second chance. Maybe actually third or fourth. He is in control now. It’s on him to get his body where it needs to be. There are minutes for him if he can play like he showed two years ago. 

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

He is getting ( giving himself) a second chance. Maybe actually third or fourth. He is in control now. It’s on him to get his body where it needs to be. There are minutes for him if he can play like he showed two years ago. 

Yes, many chances in the last few years. I am glad he is coming back, basically bc he does know Pearl's system, and he has had success in it (although it was 2 years ago). The question is can he mentally and physically put the effort needed to  show the ability again he had like he did as a Freshman...

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If we’re going to merge threads, can you at least make sure his name is spelled correctly in the title? 

Thread was already misspelled by the OP. Title wasn't proofread when threads were merged. Just added "Merged Threads" to the end of the title. Fixed though.

Archived