Danjel Purifoy (Threads Merged)

Dual-Threat Rigby

18 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Confirms he’s returning for his senior season

Coming off an emotional high. As stated in the Vols game thread let's see where things stand in a few months.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe his GF and baby can move closer....i want to see his full potential exposed....he showed some real skills as a freshman....ellitor, i am still in awe of that video you put up on Sy....is there any chance we can get him....that was damn scary

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Coming off an emotional high. As stated in the Vols game thread let's see where things stand in a few months.

Just relaying info from the horse’s mouth E.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just relaying info from the horse’s mouth E.

I know. I wasn’t arguing or chastising you. Just pointing out there’s a ways to go before we know if that sentiment sticks.

53 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was never going to post in here again if the threads got merged and I wasn’t OP

Technically you were the OP since the thread you started was older. The thread title used for the merged thread was just the one from the thread Clayton had created. There was no need for 2 separate Danjel threads so they were merged.

Whatever happens he needs to be given the chance to play one position so he can settle in a role. I've seen us do this to too many talented players on the football field. Sometimes you can ask for a guy to sacrifice too much for a team. Put him at a spot and if he's not the best that's it, but you owe him a chance

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

i thought he played well today....that 3 straight rebound sequence was impressive

I thought he was energetic today. Still not as quick as he was/ needs to be but I think he’s going to get there. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I thought he was energetic today. Still not as quick as he was/ needs to be but I think he’s going to get there. 

Needed him because of early foul issues and 20 minutes is probably his most of the year.....he did fine but he is a defensive liability overall . IMO. 

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Needed him because of early foul issues and 20 minutes is probably his most of the year.....he did fine but he is a defensive liability overall . IMO. 

This isn't allowed......my bad wrong thread

I would be nice to see his stats improve somewhat when he gets more minutes. Yesterday 20 minutes and 5 points. He has a lot of work to put in over the offseason if he wants to actually make an impact at AU next season. I do like how he is engaged on the bench and is hustling when in the game.

He came up big yesterday and his effort and energy were solid. That being said, I think the fact that it's his effort and energy that we are praising says something about his level of play. Wishing him nothing but the best and hope to see him return to his freshman-like form. 

So how is this cool? Isn't everybody saying the same stuff over and over or ad nauseam when you want to get spicy? This dude just played the most minutes he's had this year and we won. Why are we talking about anything besides the win?

He hasn't been arrested or anything has he? He's a good kid no? He plays for Auburn. He was a main cog in the turnaround. What am I missing here?

No woooooo's allowed here? Criticism is allowed in this thread. Because if we just make a list of players who you can talk basketball about and who you can't then it would erase confusion

@Tiger you're my guy so I need you to explain it to me

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So how is this cool? Isn't everybody saying the same stuff over and over or ad nauseam when you want to get spicy? This dude just played the most minutes he's had this year and we won. Why are we talking about anything besides the win?

He hasn't been arrested or anything has he? He's a good kid no? He plays for Auburn. He was a main cog in the turnaround. What am I missing here?

No woooooo's allowed here? Criticism is allowed in this thread. Because if we just make a list of players who you can talk basketball about and who you can't then it would erase confusion

Criticism is allowed in every thread. But be prepared for people to disagree and expect people to argue when they disagree with your take.

If you wanna argue that we shouldn't expect to see Purifoy's stats increase when his minutes increase then go for it. 

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Criticism is allowed in every thread. But be prepared for people to disagree and expect people to argue when they disagree with your take.

If you wanna argue that we shouldn't expect to see Purifoy's stats increase when his minutes increase then go for it. 

Nah you guys went crazy when I said Brown wasn't a lottery pick. That's more than that. I welcome disagreements. I love them actually because that's how you talk actual basketball. 

As far as your second paragraph I don't understand what you are saying, but I am the dummy of the basketball board that nobody agrees with until what I say happens then EVERYBODY knew it 😉

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Respectfully, there are a couple things as I see it bro, there is no trolling going on when talking about Danjel after yesterday's win so the hyperbole (positive or negative) is at a minimum keeping things level.

Man, please tell me you didn't take our correspondence earlier this week as a disagreement about whether or not Bryce is a lottery pick!!!! Even with a mythical 3-4 inches of added height.

The meat of all that I said a few days ago was mostly about your commentary reading like it's dripping in misery, even after wins and not about the content matter or the true substance of the basketball analysis. Maybe it's just me but it reads like you're actually offended when something happens that you called in October/November and you don't get "credit" for it (whatever credit is in this situation) or if someone complains about something that you said would be an issue previously it's like they don't have the right to complain because you already had it covered. I don't think many people are keeping track of things like that. I tried to make it clear in the Thoughts on UT thread that myyy personal issue was about your overall approach to the critique rather than the critique of players. I mean you were calling people a**holes and paraphrased something I said with "bull****". I did also ask why Brown's weaknesses were brought up more than others, but I suppose that was you trying to fight the trolls. We can hit the PMs though, not trying to clutter this board up again.

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Respectfully, there are a couple things as I see it bro, there is no trolling going on when talking about Danjel after yesterday's win so the hyperbole (positive or negative) is at a minimum keeping things level.

Man, please tell me you didn't take our correspondence earlier this week as a disagreement about whether or not Bryce is a lottery pick!!!! Even with a mythical 3-4 inches of added height.

The meat of all that I said a few days ago was mostly about your commentary reading like it's dripping in misery, even after wins and not about the content matter or the true substance of the basketball analysis. Maybe it's just me but it reads like you're actually offended when something happens that you called in October/November and you don't get "credit" for it (whatever credit is in this situation) or if someone complains about something that you said would be an issue previously it's like they don't have the right to complain because you already had it covered. I don't think many people are keeping track of things like that. I tried to make it clear in the Thoughts on UT thread that myyy personal issue was about your overall approach to the critique rather than the critique of players -- that is . I mean you were calling people a**holes and paraphrased something I said with "bull****". I did also ask why Brown's weaknesses were brought up more than others, but I suppose that was you trying to fight the trolls. We can hit the PMs though, not trying to clutter this board up again.

Ok let's PM but I want to respond to something here. I called ONE guy an a**hole and that was AFTER the attack and I said you came with the attacking Brown bull because my major point even after we had a talk that nobody acknowledged was that in that particular thread I didn't offer any criticism of Brown in that thread. So I pretty much had 4 people chastising me about something that didn't even take place. 

Lastly you don't notice everybody in this thread that has something to say about DP doesn't with the other player mentioned and take offense if you do? So I'm still trying to see the difference. If I would have posted after a win good game but Brown has to get better isn't that what you are talking about when you ask me about something being brought up more than others?

You can't see what I'm saying? Now I'm about to PM you

DP looking more and more comfortable on the floor.  Does not look lost on D and beginning to not look like he is rushing his shots.  Starting to hit.  Would love to see this trend continue.  Seemed we did not miss a beat when Chuma went out.  

I am loving it!!

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Purifoy’s stroke has finally resulted in shots dropping. He’s always had a nice stroke and finds himself open. His team defense also looked much better 

It was more than team I wrote in the game thread the times when guys were isolated on defense. I want to say DP had 3 isolations where he did great. I know one was when their PG tried to finish with a reverse. Another was against Silvia when they called the bs call in the second half. 

There was one time he actually lost the guy he wanted to box out but the rebound came to him. 

Samir played physical and aggressive, he got lost a couple of times. He got crossed good one time. But I think samir really set a tone. 

Chumma started good but had a lapse in the second with two dumb fouls. One was an over the back where I don't think he really made contact but you say you play so you know how they will still make that call unless you sky over a person. The other he was using his off arm and used leverage but it was out front in front of everybody. You have to be coy and do that in traffic, but not in the open. He has to be smarter in tournament ball. 

Brown played well overall. He had a sequence where he stole a ball and hit a 3 right after Harper hit a 3. It brought alot of energy like a dunk. End of the half he lost his man but he missed. He gambles a little himself. 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

It was more than team I wrote in the game thread the times when guys were isolated on defense. I want to say DP had 3 isolations where he did great. I know one was when their PG tried to finish with a reverse. Another was against Silvia when they called the bs call in the second half. 

There was one time he actually lost the guy he wanted to box out but the rebound came to him. 

Samir played physical and aggressive, he got lost a couple of times. He got crossed good one time. But I think samir really set a tone. 

Chumma started good but had a lapse in the second with two dumb fouls. One was an over the back where I don't think he really made contact but you say you play so you know how they will still make that call unless you sky over a person. The other he was using his off arm and used leverage but it was out front in front of everybody. You have to be coy and do that in traffic, but not in the open. He has to be smarter in tournament ball. 

Brown played well overall. He had a sequence where he stole a ball and hit a 3 right after Harper hit a 3. It brought alot of energy like a dunk. End of the half he lost his man but he missed. He gambles a little himself. 

His individual defense hadn’t been the problem in the past few games, he just couldn’t communicate worth anything 

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Danjel looks like a 45 year old man when he's on the court 😁

Really lacks foot speed....made couple good "slashes" today but does not seem able to take advantage of mismatches.....but he hit a couple critical shots today to halt UT runs.

Archived