Men vs. Kansas Game thread

WarTiger

Turn overs lots of attempts lots of threes made was a great match up and execution. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really can't believe what I've been watching the past month. After the UK blowout, I was pretty sure we may dial it in, get a low seed, and be an early exit. Thank goodness I'm great at being wrong.

6 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yes, unfortunately, NCAA owns the rights to all NCAA tournament games. So the only way to hear Auburn NCAA Tournament games is via Auburn radio affiliates. https://auburntigers.com/watch is not even allowed to re-broadcast NCAA tournament games.

And no YouTube highlight compilation. ☹️ Auburn basketball puts one out shortly after each game.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Brief synopsis of the first 30 minutes of tbe game:

It was a lot like the UTk game for the SEC title. Just kept our foot on their throat.

Right now is the time to sell the program, get kids interested. Tell the stories of playing freshman season and all of that. You can come here and be on the stage playing against the schools with a bunch of tradition. This is a very important time as far as recruiting as well

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right now is the time to sell the program, get kids interested. Tell the stories of playing freshman season and all of that. You can come here and be on the stage playing against the schools with a bunch of tradition. This is a very important time as far as recruiting as well

Absolutely this. And Pearl is the perfect guy to capitalize on this success. His charisma and enthusiasm are so apparent on TV, I imagine they are equally apparent in a living room. I am hopeful we can build on and sustain the success (something we just haven’t pulled off in football, much to my chagrin).

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Absolutely this. And Pearl is the perfect guy to capitalize on this success. His charisma and enthusiasm are so apparent on TV, I imagine they are equally apparent in a living room. I am hopeful we can build on and sustain the success (something we just haven’t pulled off in football, much to my chagrin).

I agree with you 100% and I'm hoping just like you as well. You're right this is what we would fail to do in football. It's the difference between us and Clemson IMO

10 minutes ago, fredst said:

Even Charles is helping with the easy sale of Auburn being on the set talking about being family and everything else.

55674610_10211281531268952_2181489210479

Maybe Gus can hire Bruce as a Motivation Consultant for the football season...  

Bruce's job will simply be running up and down the sidelines during the game yelling and pumping up the team.

I'm not even a real basketball fan and I was fired up..... just watching him! 😁

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Even Charles is helping with the easy sale of Auburn being on the set talking about being family and everything else.

Charles is just so damned likable that he can get away with it lol. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Charles is just so damned likable that he can get away with it lol. 

Not many can get away with that float. Shaq probably even couldn’t. If Kenny did that by himself with UNC, he wouldn’t have been able to pull it off.

I’m sure Kansas fans didn’t like seeing it again at halftime with Charles fully confident. Wish we could’ve seen Charles after the game.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Not many can get away with that float. If Kenny did that by himself with UNC, he wouldn’t have been able to pull it off. I’m sure Kansas fans didn’t like seeing it again at halftime with Charles fully confiden. Wish we could’ve seen Charles after the game.

That they didn’t cut to Charles immediately post game is criminal. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That they didn’t cut to Charles immediately post game is criminal. 

Yep. I was anticipating that for the last five or so minutes of the game. I’m sure many were.

That first half was some beautiful b-ball. I mean we did absolutely everything right and hit all our shots. BB started off the game 5/5 from 3 or something crazy like that. But really the entire team as nothing but net on every thing we through at the basket. Harper has some great drives and lay ins. And that dunk by Harper.....savage. I was waiting for the block from behind but Harper threw that down with authority. I knew with that play that we came to take of business. Love it!!

second half showed that Kansas was the way better half court team. They also beat us up pretty good inside. That’s going to be a problem going forward. We were tenacious denying the entry pass in the first half but slacked off in the second. It happens with big leads.   

Sweet 16 baby! So proud and happy for our players. They’ve come so far this season. I didn’t know if it was going to come together but it has and this bunch is a joy to watch play. 

17 minutes ago, gravejd said:

second half showed that Kansas was the way better half court team. They also beat us up pretty good inside. That’s going to be a problem going forward. We were tenacious denying the entry pass in the first half but slacked off in the second. It happens with big leads.   

We strategically went with the basketball version of the Tubershell once it was in the bag to save legs. Don’t read too much into it. We could have easily dropped 100. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Goodness, Charles is the best Auburn ambassador out there. He's the one with the largest reach and is universally liked and is funny as hell.

13 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Harper still shooting from way out, even at that age. Lol

That’s awesome.

Archived