Men vs. Kansas Game thread

WarTiger

There is a video out from sky bar at the end of the game on auburn247 (in an article by Brandon Marcelo titled “celebrities, twitter react to Auburn’s win against Kansas”. )I’m too tech challenged to get it here but it needs to be here if someone can help. Love the takeo spikes quote too! 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Georgia recruiting fairly well now,  I hope Auburn can continue to hold onto the Atlanta recruits.

wow!....4 missed laups and a couple of silly fouls from playing a perfect half of basketball.....i have never seen anything like that before from an AU basketball team......the last game against UT was the best basketball game that i have seen an AU team play since 1999, and maybe better than those, but this 1st half against Kansas was almost beyond words.....i don't know if we have the gas in the tank to take on  UNC......i hope they blow out UW today so our guys can see them at their best....28 wins!....same as last year and at the mid-season point i was worried about not making the tourney at all....wow

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Brief synopsis of the first 30 minutes of tbe game:

My favorite moment was when we were walking it up slowly into the front court and the analyst said something like “Everytime Auburn walks it up the court is a win for Kansas”...and then Chuma promptly buries a three and silence from the analyst lol...

lol nahhhhhh man never........................

Hey Chuck who ya rooting for tonight?! 

chuck.jpg

1 hour ago, G8orH8or said:

Goodness, Charles is the best Auburn ambassador out there. He's the one with the largest reach and is universally liked and is funny as hell.

He does this without making AU look arrogant and condescending like the people across the state. Yes, he was clear in his bias, but he gives clear indication why and he doesn’t brag on how AU is better than everyone athletically in every thing. He simply sells the stuff that most of us love about Auburn. 

14 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My favorite moment was when we were walking it up slowly into the front court and the analyst said something like “Everytime Auburn walks it up the court is a win for Kansas”...and then Chuma promptly buries a three and silence from the analyst lol...

The game was incredible. Kansas was down 26 and fought back to 18 and the announcers were ready for a big run and then we would promptly push it back to 23 or 24. The last ten minutes was what it was, but the last time we pushed the lead back up to 24 basically sealed the game for us. Having tbe players that can stop the bleeding is what it takes at this point, whether we are down or up.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

With Georgia recruiting fairly well now,  I hope Auburn can continue to hold onto the Atlanta recruits.

Yeah uga getting crean sucked

6 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

There is a video out from sky bar at the end of the game on auburn247 (in an article by Brandon Marcelo titled “celebrities, twitter react to Auburn’s win against Kansas”. )I’m too tech challenged to get it here but it needs to be here if someone can help. Love the takeo spikes quote too! 

14 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know if Auburn has any negative recruiting assistants but it shouldn’t be too hard to big up Pearl’s pedigree vs Crean’s coaching wits 

yeah he’ll get you in the door but the guy has the coaching ability of a former HS 10th man turned waterboy. 

20 hours ago, fredst said:

Absolutely this. And Pearl is the perfect guy to capitalize on this success. His charisma and enthusiasm are so apparent on TV, I imagine they are equally apparent in a living room. I am hopeful we can build on and sustain the success (something we just haven’t pulled off in football, much to my chagrin).

Yep all these years of disappointment from the football team we had to sacrifice so the basketball team could finally win the NC....Amirite?......Right?!!

12 hours ago, James Howell said:

Talking about deja vu. In 1985 after winning the sec tournament we beat kansas in the second round of NCAA and played north carolina in the sweet 16.  

True. 

Hopefully, we have better luck against UNC this time.....🙏🤞

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Scrub on far left: I can out play all y’all in one on one!

Three others: what choo talkin bout Willis!

Archived