Men vs. Kansas Game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cptau said:

What happened to the Auburn Radio Network broadcast of this game.  Did the NCAA sell out to Westwood One???     

NCAA rules mean blackouts. 

Some of these journalists need to get better. Asking questions to the players at the press conference and one goes, "Have you met Charles Barkley?" Like come on, you can ask any question to a player after a beat down and that's what you come up with?

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Some of these journalists need to get better. Asking questions to the players at the press conference and once goes, "Have you met Charles Barkley?" Like come on, you can ask any question to a player after a beat down and that's what you come up with?

As someone that was a journalism student at auburn, as student, we were held at higher standard than journalists are held to now. I remember showing my professor a 247 article that was very misleading and she was appalled.

1 minute ago, cptau said:

Must be nationwide

It is and it’s horsecrap. 

@tgrogan21 have to make an 83 or above on every test. My first attempt I made a 90-88-85-80 and that’s considered a fail, but yet we employ journalists like this. Just a f’d Up system imo

33 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

LETS CHANGE THAT TWITTER BIO TO AUBURN football ANNNNNNNNND basketball fan Mr Cook!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE JUST BEAT THE HELL OUT OF A BLUE BLOOD!!!!!!! LEGOOOOOOOOOO

Can we get a nice Auburn Alumni discounts on Apple 🍎 products though!! Discount code: War Eagle!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

@tgrogan21 have to make an 83 or above on every test. My first attempt I made a 90-88-85-80 and that’s considered a fail, but yet we employ journalists like this. Just a f’d Up system imo

Definitely agree. As someone who wanted to get into sports journalism when I was younger, it pisses me off to see so many stupid questions or stupid articles being written. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Definitely agree. As someone who wanted to get into sports journalism when I was younger, it pisses me off to see so many stupid questions or stupid articles being written. 

Yep make a crazy test regimen but make sure the good test takers and not the talented journalists, broadcasters, reporters get the benefits. I did sports journalism for sports broadcasting. Marcelo and creeeeepea seem like good test takers

16 minutes ago, cptau said:

What happened to the Auburn Radio Network broadcast of this game.  Did the NCAA sell out to Westwood One???     

I listened to the NMST game. Was it not available?

1 hour ago, toddc said:

My Sunday School class might have to watch me sleep instead of teaching in the morning! Waaaaar Eagle 🦅 baby!

Claiming Isaiah 40:31 for you, Coach Pearl, and the team tonight! Waaaaar Eagle, indeed!

21 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Can we get a nice Auburn Alumni discounts on Apple 🍎 products though!! Discount code: War Eagle!

My dream is for us to build a new football stadium and it be as nice as Jerry World world but decked with full of apple swag in the lower level for fans!!!!!! APPLE STADIUM BABY!!!!! make it happen MR COOKE!!!!!! lol

I attribute the decline in the quality of sports journalism (all journalism actually) to the 24/7/365 news cycle. In the past, they could focus on the big stories and write compelling pieces. Now, they have to fill every ounce of time. It's no surprise that that the quality and quantity are inversely related. Now...everything is a story, no matter how silly or insignificant. 

5 minutes ago, madkat7 said:

I attribute the decline in the quality of sports journalism (all journalism actually) to the 24/7/365 news cycle. In the past, they could focus on the big stories and write compelling pieces. Now, they have to fill every ounce of time. It's no surprise that that the quality and quantity are inversely related. Now...everything is a story, no matter how silly or insignificant. 

Out of reactions but totally agree, which is why the standard that journalism students are held to is ridiculous. Taking tests does not make you a quality journalist. Old school journalism professors cringe at the clickbait, misleading, and overall lack of decency in journalism these days.

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The Corner was quite vibrant. One of the better turnouts in my 2 years here

I guess you are off the hook for your Sweet Sixteen comment the other day.  😂

The Oscar winner with some love for her alma mater!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

1 hour ago, cptau said:

Yes, unfortunately, NCAA owns the rights to all NCAA tournament games. So the only way to hear Auburn NCAA Tournament games is via Auburn radio affiliates. https://auburntigers.com/watch is not even allowed to re-broadcast NCAA tournament games.

30 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yes, unfortunately, NCAA owns the rights to all NCAA tournament games. So the only way to hear Auburn NCAA Tournament games is via Auburn radio affiliates. https://auburntigers.com/watch is not even allowed to re-broadcast NCAA tournament games.

Can't blame them.  About 90% of the organization's revenue comes from this one tournament and the media rights it brings.

Archived