Men Vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I'm crying. Please tell me some of you all are, too. I prayed the entire game, before it, before today. It's so much more than basketball. I love it for Chuma. I love it for Coach Pearl. For the whole team. For Sir Charles. For us. I am elated! None of these words carry the real gist of it all. KY is the Bama of hoops. Lived there twice. Great people. My friends seem really silent now. It is OUR time. #DavidandGoliath 

O I def shared more than a few tears after the numbness wore off and I got up off the floor from the fetal position like I was for the whole second half!!!!! I AM NOT BUILT FOR GAMES LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is way way way way way way more nerve wracking than ANY big football game AU has ever had. I felt like my heart was about to pop out of my chest at the end of the second half and OT!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this team. The heart they show is so inspiring!!!!!! They truly are a family. WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL CHUMA OKEKE EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would live long enough to see Auburn BB in the Final Four.................................:'(

me either, me either

AWESOME!!!  Where is the post game press conference by Bruce and the guys?

Going Crazy in Indonesia.  What a great way to start the week.

20 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

AWESOME!!!  Where is the post game press conference by Bruce and the guys?

Skip ahead to the 44:49 mark.  

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I LOOOOOOOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

One of my favorite National Media guys tweeted this out during the game. I am sure NONE of his audience got this reference at all lol. But I appreciated it. WOOOO!!!!!! WAR DAMN CHRIS PORTER BABY!

CHAMP  with the shoutout to AU! I know @aubearcat will LOVE this. 

49 minutes ago, fredst said:

Me too, Golf (although I think I’m a little younger than you, lol). Always knew that somehow we’d win it in football..... but basketball? Just goes to show what the right guy at the right time can do for a program. 

I'm of the opinion we've got the right guy at Plainsman Park also.  Butch Thompson is a fantastic coach and even better human being.  We were one freaking run from beating Florida in the Super Regional last year.  How cool would it be to make to the Final Four and go to Omaha in the same season?

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm of the opinion we've got the right guy at Plainsman Park also.  Butch Thompson is a fantastic coach and even better human being.  We were one freaking run from beating Florida in the Super Regional last year.  How cool would it be to make to the Final Four and go to Omaha in the same season?

Completely agree!!!! Bruce and Butch is going to end up being (knock on wood) the best combo of any 2 Auburn coaches who coached here at the same time. 

I still can’t believe Auburn beat Kentucky without arguably its best players and down on fouls so early.  Defense has been amazing.  To only be down by 5 at half with the ways things were going.  I thought Kentucky was about to stomp a blue hole in Auburn midway through the first half.  Everybody is contributing.  Even Wiley as much as he make oafish plays comes in with the block and the rebound when needed.  Purifoy has stepped it up so much.  This team should only get better and better as the recruits start coming in.  AUmazing indeed.

Just now, Win4AU said:

Even Wiley as much as he make oafish plays comes in with the block

his leg may be the problem, but he has to stop gathering himself to dunk or rebound....he was much better as freshman, but he was much lighter,too

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I LOOOOOOOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I hope he is our next TWill in a few years when TWill takes over for Steele

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

his leg may be the problem, but he has to stop gathering himself to dunk or rebound....he was much better as freshman, but he was much lighter,too

It’s his hands.  He struggles so much with catching a pass or going up for a layup.  The ball keeps slipping out or he doesn’t catch it clean.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would live long enough to see Auburn BB in the Final Four.................................:'(

Well you sure tried your darndest to give them enough time to do so ..

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I should have added this because I totally agree. I think we could really be well-positioned for sustained success in both b-balls.

There was a great article on ESPN (surprise, right) recently about Gene Banks going to Duke in mid/late 70s as their first McDonalds All-American. Follow that with Coach K taking over and that’s how Duke became the Duke that everybody knows today. So, like I said: right guy at right time and you never know what can happen.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hope he is our next TWill in a few years when TWill takes over for Steele

That is the best idea I have ever heard. You are the official AU fam idea man!!!! But seriously that would be so ideal and fantastic. 

Just wanted to say WAR DAMN EAGLE WE GOING TO THE FREAKING FINAL FOUR BABY. And give coach Bruce Pearl a pen and a piece of paper and tell him to write out what ever contract he needs for him to stay at Auburn for life. I don't know about yall but I've got the same kind of feeling I had in 2010 with Cam and the football team. This team can beat any team left and I sure hope they do, it would be great to have BB  national championship to go with football championships.

It really is special to see former players of all Auburn sports and famous alumni reaching out to each other and being a true family.  That is as special as us winning to me.  

Archived