Men Vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

55 minutes ago, AUDub said:

UVA is good. Damn good. You don’t get to 30 wins in the ACC by accident. 

But it’s actually not a bad matchup for us. We can’t let them dictate the pace. If we control the pace and hit our shots at an average pace, we’re in great shape. 

Agreed.  If we can run our transition game and hit the 3s we can win big.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anybody else see the live video of the team arriving at Montgomery airport?  There was a pretty good crowd.  The team went to the fence, high fives and thanked the fans.  A reporter aske Bruce for a few questions.  Bruce commented 'make it quick, these men have class in the morning.'  No breaks for the Final Four team. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I really don’t understand that.  Was Kentucky a bad team to them, or that Virginia just is vastly superior to any of the teams we have played so far?

metrics continuously gas (overrate) Virginia year in and year out. They play the most fundamental game one can play, but typically it flames out by this point. They've done a great job of adding "scoring points" to their usual formula though 

ESPN dedicated over 12 minutes to coverage of Duke losing. Word choice intentional, as they sure made it seem like they lost rather than MSU winning.

Auburn's win over UK = 3 minutes.

1 hour ago, auburntiger1987 said:

5.5 pt underdogs. Don’t get me wrong Virginia is a good team but so are we. This team has matured over the later part of the season and that blueprint doesn’t phase us near as much as before. Kansas was supposed to beat us because they’re a blue blood, UNC was supposed to run us down and out of the gym, Kentucky was supposed to be too long and too physical and be able to force us out of our game plan. None of that worked because we come together, we fight, and we over come. So bring on Virginia and bring on the final four

I think  Virginia  is way overrated. They have struggled in all their bracket games so far and have played much less opponents. I think NC and UK were tougher. I think we take Virgina down by double digits. MS will be tougher, I think they take out TT. Mainly I just believe in this team they won’t give up. WDE 

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

ESPN dedicated over 12 minutes to coverage of Duke losing. Word choice intentional, as they sure made it seem like they lost rather than MSU winning.

ESPN got those roses that smell like poo-ooo-ooo-ooo. 

53 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s the Zion effect. The kid is incredible. That’s all 

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would live long enough to see Auburn BB in the Final Four.................................:'(

Don't jinx it. You ain't seen it yet!

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I wonder what’s going through his head. Woulda/coulda/shoulda. Glad he still supports his former teammates. 

You do know that he only left because of his mother's health issues.  There is no woulda, coulda, shoulda  when it comes to mom's health. 

Those calling Virginia over rated should slow their role.   If Auburn has an advantage it is depth, but that is a damn good team that plays as a team. 

9 hours ago, Indy said:

My wife commented on the same thing.

9 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think  Virginia  is way overrated. They have struggled in all their bracket games so far and have played much less opponents. I think NC and UK were tougher. I think we take Virgina down by double digits. MS will be tougher, I think they take out TT. Mainly I just believe in this team they won’t give up. WDE 

I think TT beats MSU...but I thought Houston would beat Kentucky.

TT vs AU in the finals. Our win over Virginia helps scheme TT's D. AU wine it all.

I'd rather play Virginia than Purdue, the Boilermakers were tough! Of course we can still lose to Virginia but I think they are the better matchup for us.

And it continues.

Sitting here watching First Take (on Spring Break this week end enjoying time home with the kids!) and we are 40-minutes in to the show.  

15 + minutes on Duke.

15 + minutes on LeBron and the Lakers.

Nothing on Auburn's first ever Final Four, having beaten KU, UNC, UK in succession (never happened before), and sustaining a loss of one of its top players in the midst of it.  NOTHING.

But you know what, I love it.  This is blatant disrespect and you know these kids and CBP are taking notice.  It's more fuel for the fire.

(and as I close the topic is now, "Are the Golden State Warriors Vulnerable")

Harper was a freakin killer down the stretch. I need to shout out Bryce Brown for maybe the best game of his career. Feels like he's been outdoing himself with each game during this post-season run. He was playing his ass off yesterday, you could see how spent him and Harper were. This back court is something special. This whole team is. I'm so glad Horace's career doesn't end on a hilarious 3 point attempt and fouling out. LMAOOOO we can all laugh at that now thankfully

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Harper was a freakin killer down the stretch. I need to shout out Bryce Brown for maybe the best game of his career. Feels like he's been outdoing himself with each game during this post-season run. He was playing his ass off yesterday, you could see how spent him and Harper were. This back court is something special. This whole team is. I'm so glad Horace's career doesn't end on a hilarious 3 point attempt and fouling out. LMAOOOO we can all laugh at that now thankfully

It was so crazy seeing the stats. Two guards with 20+ points. For Auburn. In the Elite Eight. Against a 2 seed. And we won. 

Can't imagine how this feels for you true, long-suffering, diehard hoops fans. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'd rather play Virginia than Purdue, the Boilermakers were tough! Of course we can still lose to Virginia but I think they are the better matchup for us.

i agree....i was really surprised that purdue lost

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

We married well

By god we have something we can agree on finally....................Mrs Golf will be happy to hear you say that since she can't stand you either

Archived