"It just went Poof"....why are Racists and serial rapists still in power in VA?

japantiger

11 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

If @DKW 86 or Salty avoided your topics they would go unnoticed. Recognize  how they always have 0 replies until one of us are kind enough to jump start them for you. 

I may start avoiding your crap...........................depends on what all the M report has in it.

Now that's no way to talk about factual information you would otherwise see. :no:

It simply reflects your inability to refute it on a logical or rational basis.  Maybe it would be better for you to "avoid" it instead of having to vent your frustration by resorting to insults.  That can't be good for you.

Donald Trump had a chance to boldly condemn white supremacy and Islamophobia on Friday morning. Instead, after issuing a muffled statement of sympathy for the victims of murderous attacks on mosques in New Zealand, the president of the United States went back to complaining, in great and extended detail, that special counsel Robert Mueller “should never have been appointed and there should be no Mueller Report.”

On one of the darkest days in history for Muslims worldwide, the president’s initial response to the New Zealand killings failed to mention Muslims, Islam, Islamophobia, white supremacy, racism, bigotry or violent hatred that targets people based on their religion.

Trump will, hopefully, come around to more explicitly and effectively condemning the latest acts of mass violence directed at places of worship by white supremacists. But his every action reminds us that we have a president whose priorities are so warped that he cannot bring himself to lead in the moment when leadership is most needed.

Even the president’s supporters, who make excuses for what they tell us are his “lapses,” and who so ardently reject any suggestion that he encourages or tolerates bigotry, have to recognize that Trump is failing miserably as a leader. The United States is a powerful, influential country. But the measures of American leadership on the global stage are fluid. They depend on the quality of the individuals who occupy positions of public trust and authority.

Yet, whenever the moment demands more, Trump offers less. After the killing of at least 49 people in mass shootings at two mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch, it was immediately clear that this was what New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern identified it as: “a terrorist attack” committed by “people who I would describe as having extremist views that have absolutely no place in New Zealand and in fact have no place in the world.”......

Read the rest at: https://www.thenation.com/article/new-zealand-mosque-shooting-trump-islamophobia-white-supremacy/

On 4/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, homersapien said:

Now that's no way to talk about factual information you would otherwise see. :no:

It simply reflects your inability to refute it on a logical or rational basis.  Maybe it would be better for you to "avoid" it instead of having to vent your frustration by resorting to insults.  That can't be good for you.

I love how you constantly call your critics by the very things you do.  You insult people constantly. You go off the rails saying things every person here knows is crazy. Is Trimp a racist? Yes. 

Is Joe a misogynist? Yes. Is Joe a handsy a**hole? Yes. Is Joe a perv? Yes.  Just like Franken. The Dems now mourn that they over reacted with Franken. These are the same Dems that complained when Weiner got arrested and tried to stay. They mourned Weiner when he had to finally go. Weiner would survive now. Just look at.VA.  They have learned that their base is the same base that overlooked Clinton. 21 years and metoo later, nothing has changed. 

It is beyond sad. The only thing sadder is watching people you used to have respect for fall brainlessly in-line. BTW. Weiner was forced by the judge to register as a sex offender this week 

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

But really folks, why are racists and a serial abuser still in charge of Virginia?  ....why?

Same reason Dear Leader is POTUS?

On 4/6/2019 at 6:25 AM, DKW 86 said:

I love how you constantly call your critics by the very things you do.  For example?

You insult people constantly.  That's just not true.  While I do insult people occasionally - typically in retaliation or when it's particularly deserved,  I don't include ad hominem insults as a standard feature of most of my posts like you and Japan, (for example). 

You go off the rails saying things every person here knows is crazy. For example?

1 hour ago, Auburn85 said:

Whataboutism called out on this board be like

It would help if more people here even understood the term.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:28 AM, japantiger said:

But really folks, why are racists and a serial abuser still in charge of Virginia?  ....why?

On 4/6/2019 at 9:41 AM, homersapien said:

Same reason Dear Leader is POTUS?

On 4/6/2019 at 1:06 PM, Auburn85 said:

Whataboutism called out on this board be like:

Post of the day...

• 1 month later...

Oh man...this is just too good...he apologizes for wearing blackface and being in the photo...then he can't remember...and now; he's innocent...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ... and you guys actually think there are some humans this ******* stupid....I wish I were a democrat.   

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ralph-northam-kkk-costume-yearbook-photo-investigation-inconclusive-today-2019-05-22/

On 4/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, japantiger said:

‘It Just Went Poof’: The Strange Aftermath of Virginia’s Cascade of Political Scandals

In the space of a week in early February, the public was stunned by revelations about each of the three highest statewide elected officials, all Democrats: the racist photo in the governor’s yearbook; accusations of sexual assault against the lieutenant governor; and the attorney general’s appearance in blackface at a party in college. Protesters and news crews swarmed the Statehouse. Calls for resignations came from fellow Virginia Democrats, Republicans and even 2020 presidential candidates.

And then? “It just went poof,” said Natalie Draper, a librarian sitting in the back of a coffeehouse last week in Richmond. “It’s like it never happened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/02/us/virginia-scandal-northam-fairfax.html

Trump supporter acting like he’s bothered by bad character. 🙄

The ole turn-a-blind eye whilst pointing fingers at the other side ploy has been alive and well in politics since the dawn of civilization.

any kind of racism is ugly and should never be overlooked. from the indian haters killing women and children to try and wipe out their race to the lynching of blacks over the years none of it should be tolerated. now nazi's and the kkk are on the upswing and seem to be emboldened this day and time. none of it should be tolerated. any and all of them should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. but while you repubs and indies want to say dems took up for weinstein i am willing to bet it was a small group. also some were waiting  for that innocent until proven guilty thing. but what troubles me is almost all of your white hate groups do horrible things and seem to get a pass under this administration. is it because trump said they were good people? words matter and actions matter. hate groups are on the rise in alarming numbers and i have not seen trump and company do anything to combat it. and it is more telling when he blindly accuses people of color as rapists and thieves etc. and we all know there are people of color in this world that are wonderful people. but when some white cat goes and kills folks in church and that sort of thing the dialog changes and he is just mentally ill etc. even if it is just a mistake or maybe overlooked by trump the damage is still there and will just keep on happening. prove me wrong.

Archived