Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts and prayers for the family. I never met Rod, but his mother was my high school principle at VHS. What a tragedy. I can't even imagine what those poor children are going through. 

This is just horrible. It doesnt seem real. 

1 hour ago, Ber798297 said:

I’m so heartbroken... I’ve never met him but I’m crying.  The kick six call is my ringtone and I was actually thinking it was time to change it the other day.  Not gonna happen now.  RIP sir and War Eagle Forever

I have it as the startup sound on my modded ps3. When i turn on the ps3, as soon as rebug loads, starts the sound of the kick6 over and over snd over. My brother who likes playing NCAA 14 with me (we update the rosters each fall) is a bama fan and cringes every single time it loops. Its almost worth keeping the ps3 on the "desktop" of the ps3 just to make him cringe. 

I absolutely hate this. Moments like this just feel so surreal and baffling. He definitely deserves a spot in Auburn’s history books. Not many love a community the way he loves Auburn. Name a building after him or something.

Please God take care of his children. Losing your parents isn’t easy at any age but this I just horrendous. I know, and hope, the Auburn family will pull together to help in anyway possible. 

1 hour ago, Ber798297 said:

This feels like Lutzie all over again...

I still cry when Lutz is on our pregame video. Miss him and his presence so much.

1296EC9C-5622-445F-AEE9-04F5CD940E52.png

His final tweet was a nice one. Hopefully something positive can come of this terrible accident. 

233968F6-B1A3-45DB-BCFC-EE28B5289DB4.png

Sixteen years ago on May 15 the Auburn Family lost the voice of the Auburn Tigers, Jim Fyffe. Tonight we lost the man who filled the absence of Fyffe’s big voice, Rod Bramblett. My heart is broken.

I'm crushed. I loved Rod and I really enjoyed his broadcasts. I listened to him instead of the network broadcasters. 

I'll never forget listening to him during the Kick 6 Iron Bowl. Or that night Creed Simpson hit a walk off home run against Clemson.

My prayers go out to the families of Rod and Paula. 

Sleep isn't coming tonight. Don't let the academic title of the video disinterest you; it showcases Rod wonderfully and Professor Carvalho does a great job of letting Rod talk.  An Auburn man through and through. Mentions that since he stepped on campus in 1984, he lived in Auburn all but one year.  52 years old. Just keep thinking of how we've been instantly robbed of decades more of his greatness performing his craft..  A teenage boy and young woman have been robbed of decades more of Christmases, vacations, family dinners.

I pass by that intersection where the accident occurred multiple times a week.  It'll forever hold a different meaning to me.  RIP Rod and Paula.  May those close to them shower Josh and Shelby with love and support in the coming days, weeks, and years.

Heartbreaking.  His call of the kick six is my ringtone.  Keeping his family in my prayers.

I am absolutely stunned.  

Devastated

I just don't know what to say.  

I remember back in the spring of 2009 when a colleague walked into my classroom to tell me that Harry Kalas, the voice of the Philadelphia Phillies, had passed away.  This is a similar feeling for me now.

There's not much I can add about RB that hasn't already been stated, so I won't even try...except these things.

1. He's one of only THREE radio guys that convinced me muting the regular broadcast to listen to his play-by-play was the way to go (Kalas, Don Fischer (Indiana) )

2. His love of Auburn and EVERYTHING Auburn was always apparent, and made every game he did a pleasure to listen to.  There are "homer" announcers, and then there are people like Rod Bramblett.  It seemed like he lived to call Auburn baseball, basketball, and football.

3. I am so happy, in retrospect, that he got to be a part of some amazing AU football history.  Not only for him, but for us.  His voice will forever be linked to those special moments like the 2010 NCAA championship and those simply amazing finishes against UGA and Alabama in 2013.  And basketball. Wow.  He got to be a part of that magical ride that we have never seen before, and it certainly would not have been the same without him.  How many of you clung to his calls down the stretch against UK?

4.  3-Time (if I recall correctly) Auburn broadcaster of the year.  2013 National Broadcaster of the year.  Thank you, Rod.  Well done, and War Eagle forever. 

They're not going to keep you and Paula out of those Pearly Gates tonight .....

This is devastating.  We have been fortunate in my lifetime to have a few of the best at their craft giving us play by play of football and basketball.  Jim Fyffe and Rod Bramblett were two of the very best ever.  

My heart breaks when I think about this tragic event.  I will continue to Pray for the Bramblett family, for the kid who hit them and for the entire Auburn Family.  

1 hour ago, Indy said:

They're not going to keep you and Paula out of those Pearly Gates tonight .....

Love this, thank you for your post. 

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

This is devastating.  We have been fortunate in my lifetime to have a few of the best at their craft giving us play by play of football and basketball.  Jim Fyffe and Rod Bramblett were two of the very best ever.  

My heart breaks when I think about this tragic event.  I will continue to Pray for the Bramblett family, for the kid who hit them and for the entire Auburn Family.  

Right? That poor child who hit them. 

“It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.”

Rod will never be forgotten. 

Archived