2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

58 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I read that as he will be needing 5 of them to contribute no matter who they are, but it sure would be nice if he meant he knew who we were getting....

The important part though was he says he is signing six freshman. He has three signed plus one committed. That means the last two spots are going to freshman which is very intriguing to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

The important part though was he says he is signing six freshman. He has three signed plus one committed. That means the last two spots are going to freshman which is very intriguing to me.

Now that is a very interesting point... 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah, I think it was Jhead who said Bruce wanted to fill this class with HS recruits if he could. 

9 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Now that is a very interesting point... 

Not sure if this was sarcasm or not. Just read my post and it sounds pretty redundant. LOL

47 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, I think it was Jhead who said Bruce wanted to fill this class with HS recruits if he could. 

Correct

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Ramone got Okoro’s brother’s ear. 

The overwhelming confidence from this guy and apparently now Okoro's brother just has me very curious to see what Green says tomorrow.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

The overwhelming confidence from this guy and apparently now Okoro's brother just has me very curious to see what Green says tomorrow.

In this case he does not mention Green. It could be a commitment from anyone. 

It sounds like we miss on Green and Brown. I know it looks good for now with JK. Who else would Ramone be talking about?

Just now, thewhiz7 said:

It sounds like we miss on Green and Brown. I know it looks good for now with JK. Who else would Ramone be talking about?

Montgomery, Cardwell, Anselem, Sanogo, Kuminga, Tabor, Maker, Sotto... plenty more targets available

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Montgomery, Cardwell, Anselem, Sanogo, Kuminga, Tabor, Maker, Sotto... plenty more targets available

Makur is going pro and Auburn has moved on from Sotto.

Who is Montgomery & Tabor?

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Makur is going pro and Auburn has moved on from Sotto.

Who is Montgomery & Tabor?

Keondre Montgomery and Nate Tabor. Uncommitted prospects listed on AU’s 247 recruiting board.

• Thanks 1

We're not in Anselem's final three. That's LSU, Bama, and UGA. Sotto is opting to sit out next year to train and not go to college. Who the heck knows what Maker is going to do. I think he's eligible for this year's draft. Cardwell, Kuminga, and Sanogo seem to be the three we'd focus on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

We're not in Anselem's final three. That's LSU, Bama, and UGA. Sotto is opting to sit out next year to train and not go to college. Who the heck knows what Maker is going to do. I think he's eligible for this year's draft. Cardwell, Kuminga, and Sanogo seem to be the three we'd focus on.

The thing about maker is he hasn't officially declared yet after they demed him eligible for the draft. If he did I missed it. 

Edited by GwillMac6

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The thing about maker is he hasn't officially declared yet after they seemed him eligible for the draft. If he did I missed it. 

Correct. He has not declared yet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Back up option to Cardwell 

Screenshot_20200416-134157.png

Screenshot_20200416-134202.png

Screenshot_20200416-134208.png

• Like 1

I think you bring in Cardwell, get a sense on what Kuminga is going to do, and then if you think you've got a shot, go after him hard. If you don't get him, you hope that this one-time transfer rule works out, and you have a brand new list of guys come June. 

Cardwell could be another Wiley type in a couple years, but with a better shot and a higher motor. I think it's a good idea to bring him in and develop him. Cooper, Stretch, Devan, and Cardwell are all AOT guys that have chemistry, and have played against the best. 

We do need one more scorer. I think its possible Flanagan could be that guy, but he's going to have to improve a LOT this off season. Cambridge is another possibility, but will have to show he can score off the dribble. Finally, Turbo is the question mark. If he turns out to be really solid next season, I don't think a primary scorer is necessarily the route you have to take to finish this class, and you can just look at best available. Problem is, one of these guys have to pan out next season and take a big step, or we won't have that scoring 2 guard like we've had in the past that can create. Need guys who can take it to the hole off the bounce and finish at the rim other than just a point guard. I think Williams can do that, and maybe he can slide to the 3 some if we bring in some of these big guys. 

Coop can make up for some of it with his ability to find the open man for assisted baskets. I think he's got Harper-level abilities with that already, and might even be better. It's the "get a bucket when you need one" that I would be concerned about. Lots of potential on the team, but not a lot of proof yet. Would also be nice if Johnson would get better but I'm not sure he's more than a 3 and D guy. 

Overall, seems to me like we are one piece away from being a national contender next season. Let's hope it pans out. 

I think you bring in Cardwell, get a sense on what Kuminga is going to do, and then if you think you've got a shot, go after him hard. If you don't get him, you hope that this one-time transfer rule works out, and you have a brand new list of guys come June. 

Cardwell could be another Wiley type in a couple years, but with a better shot and a higher motor. I think it's a good idea to bring him in and develop him. Cooper, Stretch, Devan, and Cardwell are all AOT guys that have chemistry, and have played against the best. 

We do need one more scorer. I think its possible Flanagan could be that guy, but he's going to have to improve a LOT this off season. Cambridge is another possibility, but will have to show he can score off the dribble. Finally, Turbo is the question mark. If he turns out to be really solid next season, I don't think a primary scorer is necessarily the route you have to take to finish this class, and you can just look at best available. Problem is, one of these guys have to pan out next season and take a big step, or we won't have that scoring 2 guard like we've had in the past that can create. Need guys who can take it to the hole off the bounce and finish at the rim other than just a point guard. I think Williams can do that, and maybe he can slide to the 3 some if we bring in some of these big guys. 

Coop can make up for some of it with his ability to find the open man for assisted baskets. I think he's got Harper-level abilities with that already, and might even be better. It's the "get a bucket when you need one" that I would be concerned about. Lots of potential on the team, but not a lot of proof yet. Would also be nice if Johnson would get better but I'm not sure he's more than a 3 and D guy. 

Overall, seems to me like we are one piece away from being a national contender next season. Let's hope it pans out. 

There is no defense in 3 and D when it comes to Jamal and there were very very little threes once we got to conference play lol.

• Haha 1

I think you definitely need another iso scorer. There's no one, to me, who seems like a college level shot creator other than Sharife on this roster. Even if Tyrell (idk if he even deserves the Turbo anymore) has progression, you can't expect much more than decent/solid from him. JT might honestly already be the second best at this on our roster. Jaylin and Flanagan can do a little bit to beat slower matches to the rim, but asking them to legit create a SHOT, just isnt very feasible. 

Hard to find a 2 guard who can get his in iso AND pass it around just a lil bit, but that's the ideal thing we need right now