2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Who was in on the Bunker said we would take both Thor & DC if we miss on Brown? I know it was either JLee or a reliable insider.

I think it was Jhead. And I definitely trust his info. I think his prediction was Green, Thor, and DC. From what he wrote, we're looking for a combo guard, a big, and a best available. Green is the CG, DC is the big, and Brown or Thor would be the best available. DC's spot might hinge on Brown's decision.

Edited by boomstick
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, boomstick said:

Sounds like we're only planning to take one big in this class. And if we haven't already made an offer/taken his commitment after missing on Omoruyi, it tells me we have someone else we're currently after that we think can play the same position and is higher on our board. The only one I can think of is Thor. Size wise and skill wise, I think Brown would fit the mold of a stretch 4 or 5 in our system, but I can't see us recruiting him at that spot, given how much he's talked about wanting to play 3 and not being interested in playing 4 or 5. I think most are recruiting Thor as a stretch 4, but I think he fits our system very well as a stretch 5. He's tall, long, very athletic and explosive for 6'10" and has some shooting skills. IMO he fits the mold of what Bruce really wants in his bigs right now. Same with Stretch Akingbola. McLemore was a little shorter version of that. Cliff would've been a bit of a hybrid in that I think he had the physical size that Stretch and Thor don't but also had the ability to step out a shoot a little. Reminds me of Emmitt Williams at LSU. Wiley is probably the exception to the 5 position for Bruce more than the rule. And IMO Cardwell is more like Wiley, a back-to-the-basket guy.

So your premise is that we don't want Cardwell ideally? 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:32 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don't want this to come off as sarcastic but check the first page of this thread!

No offense taken. I just do not keep up with roundball as much as I should.  Got too many things going on at the moment!

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So your premise is that we don't want Cardwell ideally? 

Not that we don’t want him. We want a big in this class. But I think we’re targeting a different style at 5 ideally. A long, rangy, athletic stretch player would be ideal. If we can’t land that, I think we’re happy to take Cardwell. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Not that we don’t want him. We want a big in this class. But I think we’re targeting a different style at 5 ideally. A long, rangy, athletic stretch player would be ideal. If we can’t land that, I think we’re happy to take Cardwell. 

thats what I mean, ideally we wouldnt have him

ideally is getting the guys higher up on the totem

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 9:48 PM, boomstick said:

Sounds like we're only planning to take one big in this class. And if we haven't already made an offer/taken his commitment after missing on Omoruyi, it tells me we have someone else we're currently after that we think can play the same position and is higher on our board. The only one I can think of is Thor. Size wise and skill wise, I think Brown would fit the mold of a stretch 4 or 5 in our system, but I can't see us recruiting him at that spot, given how much he's talked about wanting to play 3 and not being interested in playing 4 or 5. I think most are recruiting Thor as a stretch 4, but I think he fits our system very well as a stretch 5. He's tall, long, very athletic and explosive for 6'10" and has some shooting skills. IMO he fits the mold of what Bruce really wants in his bigs right now. Same with Stretch Akingbola. McLemore was a little shorter version of that. Cliff would've been a bit of a hybrid in that I think he had the physical size that Stretch and Thor don't but also had the ability to step out a shoot a little. Reminds me of Emmitt Williams at LSU. Wiley is probably the exception to the 5 position for Bruce more than the rule. And IMO Cardwell is more like Wiley, a back-to-the-basket guy.

I've been getting impatient with not having any bigs in this class and with a guy like Caldwell wanting an offer i keep thinking what the hell is the staff waiting for? But your post is likely spot on in regards to why he doesn't have a spot yet. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 7:12 PM, boomstick said:

I agree.  I think CBP wants a 5 who can shoot.  Think that is why we went after Kessler.  At that time he was A Georgia lean and we pursued him hard.

cbp will work with whoever but it sure does open the floor when the 5’s are standing at the 3 pt line!

27 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

At that time he was A Georgia lean and we pursued him hard

Kessler was never a Georgia lean for what it’s worth

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

There’s  something on Rivals about Matt Haarms (7’3” Center from Purdue) entering the transfer portal.  Not sure if we’d be interested, but does anyone know if he’s immediately eligible and/or how many years he has left?

Edited by War to the Eagle

On 4/4/2020 at 11:24 AM, augolf1716 said:

Really wasn't close to beening a uga lean. 

I think your keyboard is dyslexic.

15 hours ago, mickeyspano said:

ESPN says he is a graduate transfer and will be eligible immediately

I haven't seen any public mention of us reaching out yet. Seems like he'd be a heck of a pull...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Talking about Haarms from Purdue

As posted in another thread guys his height likely aren't athletic enough to play Bruce-Ball.

• Like 1