2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

Not sure when the star era began, but I just looked up the Fab 5 and found that four of them were ranked in the top 9 players in the country, and 3 of the top 5.

THAT IS FREAKING NUTS!!! I knew Webber, Juwan Howard and Jalen Rose were highly ranked. HAD NO IDEA the others were. That is CRAZY.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

THAT IS FREAKING NUTS!!! I knew Webber, Juwan Howard and Jalen Rose were highly ranked. HAD NO IDEA the others were. That is CRAZY.

Yeah, Webber was #1, Howard #3, Rose #5, Jimmy King #9, and Ray Jackson was #84. So, for all five averaged together, Duke's class was better, but the top 4 would go to Michigan's class. Kinda semantics when the rankings are like that, though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

7DB75390-8921-48CE-A509-F45C59783E3A.png

I'm guessing that's Green and Brown with him? I'd DEFINITELY be okay with that!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hoke is pretty plugged in with this kind of stuff. Oh for a Green/Brown finish...

I’m going to get greedy. Give me a Cooper, Green, Brown, Kuminga finish!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yo E, how realiable is 07 on the bunker?

That’s our man Gene! Very dialed in. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hoke is close to Hooks....

Close is an understatement. Hoke works for Hooks.

• Thanks 1

He still has independent sources of his own away from hooks from his time covering AU crutin.

Yup!

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AUBwins Gene who?

I was kidding, but referring to Gene that was banned 

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

C-Sanogo

Per a couple reporters last week Sanogo is likely a no-go for AU.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, I was gonna ask about historical context for a class and lineup like that. Looking at this list, I'm curious where that would stack up against the best classes of the last 10 years. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2019/7/31/20699622/college-basketball-recruiting-rankings-decade-duke-kentucky-virginia

@McLoofus Best way to get that type of reference, at least on paper, is to do the class calculator & compare it to the last 10 classes on the composite (Sub Cade Cunningham for Kuminga for point value purposes & Thor instead of Sanogo) on the composite. It would be 3rd (71.03), just a whisker behind Duke's 2018 class (71.06) & UK's 2013 class (71.08).

That being said I wish we wouldn't talk openly about stuff like that before we land our big targets. We've had enough jinxes & bad juju this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is the best class ever in modern basketball recruiting since the star era began. This class will not ever be topped imo. They had 4 of the top 15 players. They had the top 2 players in the country in RJ and Cam Reddish. When Zion ranking wise is your THIRD most highly rated in your class?!?! Yah you got a absolutely STACKED class. 

https://247sports.com/college/duke/Season/2018-Basketball/Commits/

Lol. UK's 2013 class was slightly better on paper.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I was kidding, but referring to Gene that was banned 

Definitely not him. Thanks for the humor though.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Not sure when the star era began, but I just looked up the Fab 5 and found that four of them were ranked in the top 9 players in the country, and 3 of the top 5.

Just cross referenced the fab 5 using their rankings to current players using class calculator & their class would be 70.98 (3rd the past decade). The reason they weren't higher was because the article I saw had Ray Jackson 84th overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Close is an understatement. Hoke works for Hooks.

Sadly.... Hoke was my favorite AU reporter for any outlet. I thought he was the best when you combined the football and bball crutin knowledge. But he's probably making a lot more money now so great for him and I am happy he's doing well!!!!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Per a couple reporters last week Sanogo is likely a no-go for AU.

Have a link to that? Just saw today he was doing a virtual visit so just wondering. Thanks 

All this chatter and hype (looking squarely at you for the hype, @GwillMac6) is getting me too got-danged excited about all this. I generally fancy myself a fairly sanguine guy, but I’m afraid I’m gonna be heartbroken if none of this ends up panning out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonDraper said:

Have a link to that? Just saw today he was doing a virtual visit so just wondering. Thanks 

@DonDraper They’re VIP. Nothing you can read without a sub. And no go was a play on words based on his last name. It means AU’s odds are long to land him. And yes I know he’s doing virtual visits with AU. He may very well be behind JT Thor & Dylan Caldwell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

All this chatter and hype (looking squarely at you for the hype, @GwillMac6) is getting me too got-danged excited about all this. I generally fancy myself a fairly sanguine guy, but I’m afraid I’m gonna be heartbroken if none of this ends up panning out. 

We are Auburn men! We are well prepared for heartbreak and to be let down!!! Lol

But I feeeel you fam!!!! I feel you Brodie!!! I don't want this to get us all gassed up only to come away empty handed without either JG or Brown.

5 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Why not?

Didn't say why. Just said a few other teams are a good bit more likely to land him.