2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

8 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Just making sure I our starting lineup right.

SC 1

JG 2

GB 3

JK 4

Stretch 5

Flip JK And GB if we land them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do hoops commitments usually stick? Is it like football where we have the whole other "hope he actually signs with us" thing? 

Bball recruiting is a lot more wild and crazy before they commit and a lot more tame and calm after they commit. Football is the one where everyone plays decommittment roulette.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bball recruiting is a lot more wild and crazy before they commit and a lot more tame and calm after they commit. Football is the one where everyone plays decommittment roulette.

heartland-js — heartlandians: Heartland - 11x04 - How to Say...

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Do hoops commitments usually stick?

Yes

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is it like football where we have the whole other "hope he actually signs with us" thing?

Not often.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Do hoops commitments usually stick? Is it like football where we have the whole other "hope he actually signs with us" thing? 

Typically yes. The only concern I would have with anyone announcing their commitment to us soon would be Green announcing to us then signing to go pro. Doubt that would happen, but that would be the likeliest flip/decommitment/change type of situation that would/could happen.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Typically yes. The only concern I would have with anyone announcing their commitment to us soon would be Green announcing to us then signing to go pro. Doubt that would happen, but that would be the likeliest flip/decommitment/change type of situation that would/could happen.

Agree on this. A Louisville commit did this just yesterday I believe. A Cuse commit did this a couple of years ago.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

With Greg Brown puts at #6 on 247

AA35D6E6-F9BB-45C7-8B04-DF329FE70F85.png

With GB and Jalen Green puts at #4 on 247

F8937C4A-864C-4EEF-B4D7-1DB7048330C6.png

Some truly stellar classes coming up between the next two years. I think what was this season was to be a launching point for some incredible ball nationally. Hope we don’t lose 2020-21

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Some truly stellar classes coming up between the next two years. I think what was this season was to be a launching point for some incredible ball nationally. Hope we don’t lose 2020-21

I really don't think we're going to lose the 20-21 season. I actually doubt we'll lose football this fall, either. Seems to be a growing push to get this figured out and get the economy back going.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 4/9/2020 at 3:56 PM, ellitor said:

@McLoofus Best way to get that type of reference, at least on paper, is to do the class calculator & compare it to the last 10 classes on the composite (Sub Cade Cunningham for Kuminga for point value purposes & Thor instead of Sanogo) on the composite. It would be 3rd (71.03), just a whisker behind Duke's 2018 class (71.06) & UK's 2013 class (71.08).

That being said I wish we wouldn't talk openly about stuff like that before we land our big targets. We've had enough jinxes & bad juju this season.

giphy.gif

Edited by Grumps
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I really don't think we're going to lose the 20-21 season. I actually doubt we'll lose football this fall, either. Seems to be a growing push to get this figured out and get the economy back going.

“Rednilla picks AU to not lose in 20/21.” Bold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

“Rednilla picks AU to not lose in 20/21.” Bold.

Hey now, I didn't say we wouldn't lose IN the season, I said I don't think we're going to lose the season itself...LOL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I think most of the people pushing it are doing so aimlessly and desperately, but with the test turnaround becoming quicker and quicker, and the NCAA profit margins shrinking and shrinking, I'm sure they'll force something out. I just hope whatever it is, it doesn't involve fans at the games

• Like 1

While it would be disappointing given the guys we are in on & where at one time some of us thought we were with them, a likely worst case scenario finish of Thor, Cardwell, & a GT Guard would still be damn good & on paper the best class in AU history. It would be slightly better than the 2016 class & project to finish between 9 & 15 with the median being 11 or 12.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

While it would be disappointing given the guys we are in on & where at one time some of us thought we were with them, a likely worst case scenario finish of Thor, Cardwell, & a GT Guard would still be damn good & on paper the best class in AU history. It would be slightly better than the 2016 class & project to finish between 9 & 15 with the median being 11 or 12.

For sure. Cooper and Thor give you two 5 star players that will be here more than a year! Can’t forget Thor was #12 before he moved to 2020. This class will be special either way. Just got my hopes up with Green 

• Like 1

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sounds like Bruce is confident we are going to shoot the moon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Pearl: 'Very important week'

AUBURN | One down, two to go for Bruce Pearl and his talented group of assistant coaches.

Auburn landed a commitment from four-star power forward

on Sunday and will be anxiously awaiting final decisions from five-star shooting guard on Thursday or Friday, and five-star small forward the following Friday.

“We’ve got three scholarships that are open,” said Auburn coach Bruce Pearl on Tiger Talk Friday night, two days before Thor’s commitment. “We’ve got three signed. I’ve got six new players coming in next year. I don’t have them all signed yet but this is a very important week for us coming up.”

Pearl is on the cusp of potentially inking the best signing class in program history.

Pearl is on the cusp of potentially inking the best signing class in program history. (Christopher Hanewinckel/USA TODAY Sports)

The spring signing period begins Wednesday and has been extended through August 1. The addition of Thor, a versatile 6-foot-10 big man that can play the 4 or the 5, gives the Tigers four players in the 2020 class. Auburn signed five-star point guard

Auburn must replace five seniors and freshman Isaac Okoro, who is expected to enter the 2020 NBA Draft, from last year’s team after replacing five players from the previous season’s Final Four team.

“That’s 11 guys lost in two years. I only get 13 scholarships so this will be a complete reload. And yet if we’re able to finish this recruiting with the right couple of pieces, this team still will be competitive next year,” Pearl said.

“I think of the six freshmen I’m going to sign, I’d say five of them could be seeing real playing time. So we could have the youngest roster in the SEC next year. That would be what my anticipation would be. The result? I think there would be nights we are playing really good basketball and I think there will be nights when a young team is playing pretty inconsistent.”

Green is currently scheduled to choose between Auburn and Memphis Friday at 3 p.m. CT, but is considering moving it a day earlier. Brown is scheduled to choose Auburn, Texas or Memphis at 2 p.m. on Friday, April 24.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

“I think of the six freshmen I’m going to sign, I’d say five of them could be seeing real playing time.

So.....would that be one out of Jalen and Brown and then Cardwell

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I read that as he will be needing 5 of them to contribute no matter who they are, but it sure would be nice if he meant he knew who we were getting....

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Love how Bruce is always making the sell. Week before these guys are committing and he is still pushing playing time and being a part of the best collection of talent this school has ever seen. Man hope we bring this thing home. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jaxr29 said:

Or both and Cardwell gets left out. I don’t see any way we’d turn down one of them just to fill a supposed need at center.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaxr29 said:

We still have a good shot at getting both Green & Brown. The two could be any from the above 3 or Kuminga, or Sanogo.

• Thanks 1