Gus being set up for failure?

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Hah, when I saw you quoted me I thought I might get an intelligent response.  Silly me.

Y'all play nice now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, aubiefifty said:

ok let me throw this out there. there are one or two folks in the "know" on this board that have stated Auburn's next football coach had already been hired or is waiting for gus to fail. my question is it not logical to read comments like that and assume gus is getting a fair shake? was gus really denied the choice to hire whom he wanted at certain positions and was told he could not do that and had to settle? it gets pretty confusing and to me shows hints of some kind of jetgate kind of crap. does anyone understand what i am saying?

There is no coach in waiting. The hope is Gus succeeds. If he doesn’t then they will go hunting. I thing AG can bring in a good one if needed. If Gus can get past hisself he has a chance to be a great coach. He has to quit believing no one can figure him out and instead concede they will and be willing to change directions when they do. His philosophy of if you just keep running into a brick wall it will finally disappear is what kills him. An example is after a decent gain you can expect them to hurry up so they can hand the ball off right up the gut. Happens every Time and everybody knows it and it never goes anywhere. That is problem. He can’t learn to progress. He is like a one track recording that you eventually get tired of.

Archived