What liberals [I]really[/I] want

TexasTiger

There is a conflict in your want; a reasonable, intelligent, conservative can only view a liberal in a simplistic way. That is the only way to understand someone who severly criticizes a man for bringing freedom and democracy to the oppressed peoples of the Middle East. :poke:

There is a conflict in your want; a reasonable, intelligent, conservative can only view a liberal in a simplistic way. That is the only way to understand someone who severly criticizes a man for bringing freedom and democracy to the oppressed peoples of the Middle East.  :poke:

156385[/snapback]

"Can only view a liberal in a simplistic way..."

I think you are ascribing your own limitations to others. :poke::poke::poke:

Reasonable, intelligent, conservatives in opposition who don't have overly simplistic views of liberals. :P

156376[/snapback]

Wow, that's a tall order. I'll bet you think it would be nice if the tooth fairy really existed, too.

Just kidding. Actually, there's a precious few of them out there. I know 'cause I've encountered 'em. And the thing is, when they're reasonable and intelligent and don't call me a commie right off the bat, I end up not opposin' em as often as not. Same for reasonable, intelligent liberals, who also exist, strange as it may seem to some...

The problem with that Texas...is that you will only consider a conservative "intelligent" if he disagrees with everything his party stands for...thus making him a liberal.

The problem with that Texas...is that you will only consider a conservative "intelligent" if he disagrees with everything his party stands for...thus making him a liberal.

156430[/snapback]

Not true. That's what you expect of Dems you like, such as Zell. Hagel, McCain, Lugar, Snowe, Collins, Voinivich, are Republican Senators I like and respect, even though I often disagree with their votes. They are at least independent minded.

On this board, Titan Tiger and I often disagree, but I usually find him reasonable, independent minded and his positions are well-thought out, whether I agree with him or not.

156430[/snapback]

Not true. That's what you expect of Dems you like, such as Zell. Hagel, McCain, Lugar, Snowe, Collins, Voinivich, are Republican Senators I like and respect, even though I often disagree with their votes. They are at least independent minded.

On this board, Titan Tiger and I often disagree, but I usually find him reasonable, independent minded and his positions are well-thought out, whether I agree with him or not.

156509[/snapback]

Jenny, too.

Awww Texas...just titan? not me?  :D

156559[/snapback]

Sure, you're intelligent. There are alot of intelligent "conservatives." But my post asked for more than that:

Reasonable, intelligent, conservatives in opposition who don't have overly simplistic views of liberals.

The trifecta ain't too common.

Liberals want women to have the right to have there baby's head squashed and have the brain sucked out through a vacuum type device.

156617[/snapback]

No, 85, there are liberals who believe a woman should have the right to an abortion at any time she feels it necessary. Not all liberals believe that.

Archived