Emily Carosone Playing for Team Italy

Carosone (AU alum and current Volunteer Assistant) is playing for Italy in the Europe/Africa qualifier for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. 

I believe her grandfather was an Italian citizen, allowing her to play for Italy. They must finish first in this tournament to qualify for the Olympics. Netherlands is their biggest competition (and is hosting the tournament).

Emily has two hits through the first two games. Use this link for the schedule, stats, and video links: https://olympicsoftball.wbsc.org/en/2019/schedule-and-results

33 minutes ago, all4AU said:

Carosone (AU alum and current Volunteer Assistant) is playing for Italy in the Europe/Africa qualifier for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. 

🤣🤣sorry that just struck me as funny....  an American is playing as an Italian in the Europe/Africa qualifier for Tokyo....  could we get a couple more places in that one sentence.

32 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

🤣🤣sorry that just struck me as funny....  an American is playing as an Italian in the Europe/Africa qualifier for Tokyo....  could we get a couple more places in that one sentence.

Softball is global 😂

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Hopefully the officials will speak French. 

Italy beat the Netherlands 7-4. Carosone hit a key 3 run bomb to tie the game at 4.

The Italians face Great Britain tomorrow with an Olympic berth on the line. The winner goes to Tokyo 2020.

Italy beat Great Britain 5-0 so it looks like AU will have another Olympian! Possibly Alyssa Rivera if Puerto Rico qualifies in August. 

Emily might have commitments to Team Italy that could affect her duties as volunteer assistant for AU. 

The Italian pitcher struck out 13 and gave up two hits. Couldn't find a box score, but I did find video of Emily's 3-run homer to tie the game against Netherlands.  The following batter also went yard to give Italy the lead.

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

The Italian pitcher struck out 13 and gave up two hits. Couldn't find a box score, but I did find video of Emily's 3-run homer to tie the game against Netherlands.  The following batter also went yard to give Italy the lead.

Emily had 7 hits in 5 games, including 2 in both the semi-final and final. I think it’s safe to say she will make Italy’s Final roster (only 15 per team in the Olympics).

On 7/29/2019 at 12:38 AM, all4AU said:

Emily had 7 hits in 5 games, including 2 in both the semi-final and final. I think it’s safe to say she will make Italy’s Final roster (only 15 per team in the Olympics).

I always pull for any player w/ an Italian name (such as Carosone).  Especially if they played at Auburn too.:)

On 7/29/2019 at 12:38 AM, all4AU said:

Clearly, she still got it. 

18 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Clearly, she still got it. 

She have any NCAA eligibility left hiding somewhere??   Could sure use it!

Archived