Mark May

aufan175

Did anyone else just catch his comment about "Biggest problem for TT is replacing Williams & Brown because this is not a Miami or SC where you just plug in another great player, this is Auburn".

Did anyone else just catch his comment about "Biggest problem for TT is replacing Williams & Brown because this is not a Miami or SC where you just plug in another great player, this is Auburn".

156955[/snapback]

Those with sensitive eyes should skip my post...

**** Mark May...right in the mouth....three times.

Haha. Proves how much he is keeping up with Auburn football. Does he realize that neither USC or Miami had running backs of our caliber this past season? Well, USC had #5, but not 2 awesome running backs.

Sorry, but I don't think USC nor Miami could replace 2 running backs, that went in the top 5 picks of the draft.

That Ivan dude from ESPN seems the most knowledgeable, and probably because he actually keeps up with teams after the season is over, etc, etc.

Lets show them whos boss next season...

I don't believe ANYONE has ever replaced 2 RBs picked in the Top 5, or their entire backfield in the 1st round. So, he doesn't know what in the hell he is talking about. And he will be surprised at USC's drop even after they lost none of their offensive stars this season...

I don't believe ANYONE has ever replaced 2 RBs picked in the Top 5, or their entire backfield in the 1st round.  So, he doesn't know what in the hell he is talking about.  And he will be surprised at USC's drop even after they lost none of their offensive stars this season...

156967[/snapback]

They lost their biggest offensive star by far, and that's Norm Chow.

during the 1st round I saw the commentaries in which Mike Gottfried said Auburn's biggest problem to replace would be Jason. Way he talked he believes Cox can do it, b/c of being more accurate (scary thought) and having a full year under Coach Borges, a benefit JC never got. He said he thought AU would win 9 or 10 games.

Mark May is a talking head who disagrees with his fellow talking head, Trev Alberts. I would rather listen to Ivan or Mike than those two morons, a couple of washed up players who just read the prompter. It is going to be tough to replace Ronnie, Carnell and Jason but Auburn had done well after TWO Heisman Trophy winners moved on to the NFL, 10 wins after Sullivan left and another 10 win season after Bo left. Auburn has had great players in the past and did fine, this isn't Northwestern or Tulane where they have one great season because of a few excellent players and then fade away.

Yeah I saw that crap too and sat there thinking thanks Mark. He was pretty nice to us during the season but that was a shot below the belt. Did you also see the look on his face after Mike G said he thought we would win 9 games, almost a look of disgust.

No respect...None. Just the way the Auburn Tigers like it! We will EARN it on the Field! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Yea, these two have taken turns the last 2 years giving props to AU and then dogging them out. May was big on AU year before last while we all hated Trev for his take on the Tigers. Last year May was luke warm at best and Trev was ready to fight for us. I think May just made a bad choice in how he said it. You don't say, "This is Auburn" as if we're some second rate program.

I suppose what he was trying to get across was that you normally think of the Miami's of the world as being the type of program that traditionally can lose some first rounders to the NFL and just plug in the next All-American waiting in the wings. Bottom line is that one great season doesn't automatically give AU the respect we think they deserve. Let them stay in national championship contention the next few years and you'll be hearing these talking heads saying, "Yea, I know they lost 4 first rounders, but this is Auburn. They'll just reload with some more first round caliber talent."

:cheer::au:

Nah, see I don't buy all that. Afer LSU won in '03, they lost a decent amount of top-notch players (QB, Best defensive player, Best WR) and everyone still said they'd win the conference again. We were supposed to believe it was the beginning of an "LSU Dynasty." Why? Go back and look at history. Auburn and LSU have been about dead even. Why did they get all the props, and now we're not? The talent level here since Tuberville started getting his players into Auburn has been the same as Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Florida, but nobody seems to believe that. How much more proof do you need than what we've witnessed over the last 8 months? It's crap, and we DO deserve to be considered a contender next year.

Nah, see I don't buy all that. Afer LSU won in '03, they lost a decent amount of top-notch players (QB, Best defensive player, Best WR) and everyone still said they'd win the conference again. We were supposed to believe it was the beginning of an "LSU Dynasty." Why? Go back and look at history. Auburn and LSU have been about dead even. Why did they get all the props, and now we're not? The talent level here since Tuberville started getting his players into Auburn has been the same as Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, and Florida, but nobody seems to believe that. How much more proof do you need than what we've witnessed over the last 8 months? It's crap, and we DO deserve to be considered a contender next year.

157215[/snapback]

The LSU recruiting classes were ranked much higher by the "experts" than Auburn's.

That's exactly it Wes. LSU has been tagged as having some of the best recruiting classes for several years now. While we know the types of classes CTT signs, the "Experts" don't see those classes as being riddled with 4-5 star players.

I just don't think we need to worry too much about national perception just yet. Remember, no one can bring up CTT in the media without referring back to the "Plane trip to Louisville." We're just one year removed from the label of underachievers. We know what CTT is building here and a couple more years of success and top 10 finishes will take care of that national perception.

Just keep signing great athletes and great young men CTT and the rest will take care of itself.

You are right as rain Esquire. Just a few short years ago there were AU "fans" that questioned whether or not TT was the man we needed at the helm.

Winning cures a whole lot of things. I am thankful that Coach Tubs has not only won but he has done it "the right way" with character on the Team and on his Staff.

I am glad the petrinogate "thing" is only a bad memory.

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

I'm not sure there can even be such a thing as a true "dynasty" in these days of parity and scholarship limits, but if there is, I believe we may be witnessing the birth of one. We've got a program built on character, hard work, and loyalty, and a great head coach at the reins for many more years.

One characteristic of perennial champions is they believe they can win every time--that they're never an underdog. I think CTT is well on his way to establishing that sort of self-confidence in the Auburn program and the national press will learn that soon enough. If we get to sneak up on a few more folks and embarrass 'em for another year or two before the world realizes it, that's okay with me.

I agree with you, quietfan. I do believe that maybe, just maybe, we've reached the point as a program where we can compete for the SEC year in and year out. I don't know that we'll ever see another run like Spurrier had (going to the SECCG 5 years in a row, and 7 out of 9), but all I ask is that we compete for the West every year, and the rest will fall into place.

I do believe that as far as confidence goes, last year did wonders for all our players, coaches, and really our whole program. And I'll say this...Now you may think I'm crazy, but barring the unexpected, I honestly can't envision the Brandon Cox era ending without Auburn winning another SEC Ring.

I agree with you, quietfan. I do believe that maybe, just maybe, we've reached the point as a program where we can compete for the SEC year in and year out. I don't know that we'll ever see another run like Spurrier had (going to the SECCG 5 years in a row, and 7 out of 9), but all I ask is that we compete for the West every year, and the rest will fall into place.

I do believe that as far as confidence goes, last year did wonders for all our players, coaches, and really our whole program. And I'll say this...Now you may think I'm crazy, but barring the unexpected, I honestly can't envision the Brandon Cox era ending without Auburn winning another SEC Ring.

157283[/snapback]

Hey, as long as your only competition in the West doesn't beat you by one contraversial point, you may be in luck.

157283[/snapback]

Hey, as long as your only competition in the West doesn't beat you by one contraversial point, you may be in luck.

157284[/snapback]

:lol: Oh man, haven't heard that one before! Such fresh material.

157283[/snapback]

157284[/snapback]

:lol: Oh man, haven't heard that one before! Such fresh material.

157285[/snapback]

I'm sure I could have thought of something better if I knew I was supposed to be entertaining you. ;)

"UGA will be lucky to win 7 games at best" - Mark May about UGA before the 2003 season in which we won 10 games and the SEC East.

Idiot

"UGA will be lucky to win 7 games at best" - Mark May about UGA before the 2003 season in which we won 10 games and the SEC East.

Idiot

157291[/snapback]

Has it ever been in question that Trev Alberts and Mark May have no idea what they are talking about?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Idiot

157291[/snapback]

Has it ever been in question that Trev Alberts and Mark May have no idea what they are talking about?

157294[/snapback]

No argument on this statement from me. Sometimes I think I could do better predicting success than they do. Of course, I didn't play college football, so I'll never get the chance.

Someone stop me the next time I agree with an LSU fan...

157215[/snapback]

The LSU recruiting classes were ranked much higher by the "experts" than Auburn's.

157216[/snapback]

Yes, and the experts have to cater to the larger fan bases to sell more publications. Like it or not, the AU fan base does not have the support from the uneducated masses like the state names schools. As for me personally, I would not change a thing :au:

the corndog is still stewing over that point...bless his heart.

hey lsufan...how's the new coach being received down there thus far?

157340[/snapback]

No complaints so far, but we've all kinda got a "wait and see" attitude. With all the talent we've got back, this guy needs to be ready for some high expectations.

Archived