Practice notes 8/17

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Joey will start, I’m just not believing otherwise until I see it!

If the OL can look good against our DL that’s great.

Not pleased to hear about the kicking. Really hoping Anders has a lights out year this year. It hurt seeing him miss kicks I know he’s more than capable of making. 

1) he did look pretty good today- it could go either way . We are in good hands no matter what! 

2) agree!!! 

3) true. The good news is that most he has been good so far this pre-season. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Joey will start, I’m just not believing otherwise until I see it!

If the OL can look good against our DL that’s great.

Not pleased to hear about the kicking. Really hoping Anders has a lights out year this year. It hurt seeing him miss kicks I know he’s more than capable of making. 

lol you are in the denial stage I see. It is ok I predict Joey G will have double digit rushing touchdowns. He will kinda be our version of the BUS Jerome Bettis in QB form.

Guys like Nix don't leave.  Guys like Nix don't lose.  I love Joey at any other time... But Nix is Manning special... With wheels.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there has never been a true Freshman QB to ever start a season opener at Auburn.

FiMzxt.gif

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Stan White says hello.

@Tiger HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sdfdfs.gif

49 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Guys like Nix don't leave.  Guys like Nix don't lose.  I love Joey at any other time... But Nix is Manning special... With wheels.

That's a bold statement about someone yet to take a college snap. 

So...

Anyone wanna sum up the kicking issues for those of us without VIP subs? Because this is the first we have heard about there being a problem. 

14 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So...

Anyone wanna sum up the kicking issues for those of us without VIP subs? Because this is the first we have heard about there being a problem. 

Anders missed a few kicks today. That's it.

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

But Nix is Manning special... With wheels

Eli? Sure. Peyton? No way. The only arm and accuracy I've seen to date in college that is at Peyton's level is Trevor Lawrence.

Stolen from SEC rant. Not gonna post the whole thing since it’s VIP info but this was my favorite part: 

Nix had 3 throws in practice that were "unbelievable". Gatewood did not lead his team to a score but had one pass blown dead early that would of been a score.

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tua? Taulia? Cmon now 

lol TUA? Dude is not even as good as Baker or Kyler at the college level when it comes to recent college QBs among  a whole host of other guys. Are you kidding me right now? Jalen Hurts had to come in and save his ass vs Georgia. Georgia was the first game all year where he even got a whiff of pressure in the SEC title game. He was able to take a nap back there for all of the sec regular season and guys were streaking open like they were playing the 2012 Auburn Defense.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol TUA? Dude is not even as good as Baker or Kyler at the college level when it comes to recent college QBs among  a whole host of other guys. Are you kidding me right now? Jalen Hurts had to come in and save his ass vs Georgia. Georgia was the first game all year where he even got a whiff of pressure in the SEC title game. He was able to take a nap back there for all of the sec regular season and guys were streaking open like they were playing the 2012 Auburn Defense.

I mean I was kidding in the first post but he was banged up from that MSU game on. They ate him alive. Guy couldn’t make elementary passes in that UGA game. The last sentence...that’s what Baker and Kyler’s receivers did against bottom 30 pass defenses. At least Tua was having his fun against A&Ms, Auburns, to some degree LSU

I think the one thing that needs to be fixed in his next/last season is his Favre esque decision making. Having the guys he does, he just doesn’t know how to consistently take what’s short and easy, at least not against pressure it would seem. It doesn’t help that his OCs don’t understand how to ride the running game unless they’re front running.

Sark isn’t the guy to break those habits and he also sucks as an OC so hopefully Tua doesn’t repair these weaknesses until combine time. He COULD be Russell Wilson if his IQ improves and that’s just not what we need  

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean I was kidding in the first post but he was banged up from that MSU game on. They ate him alive. Guy couldn’t make elementary passes in that UGA game. The last sentence...that’s what Baker and Kyler’s receivers did against bottom 30 pass defenses. At least Tua was having his fun against A&Ms, Auburns, to some degree LSU

lol ok fine if you are not going to allow Baker or Kyler then TUA is not even as good as Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Does that work better for you?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ok fine if you are not going to allow Baker or Kyler then TUA is not even as good as Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence. Does that work better for you?

Deshauns, based on performances relative to competition, the second most impressive QB of the decade imo. Clemson didn’t have the best running game or OL during his time and he went up against a near elite FSU, Lamar, and prime Bama. I don’t think it’s a slight to say what you said. However, if Tua can dominate a top 10ish A&M, the best LSU squad since their title year (or at least the most hyped), Auburn’s defense and UGA/UT...I think we could at least put him on the same tier. Maybe not better but in the same breath. Trevor looks like a HOFer maybe but he also played on what might be one of the best teams ever and could have a sophomore slump that changes the paradigm 

IMO Tua should finish around the top 20 all time if he continued his trajectory 

7 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Perhaps Gus should keep giving Anders ultimatums. Seemed to be working before. 

Is there a press conference today? I imagine that’s when Gus will name the starting QB

I think we put way to much pressure on AC. The majority of kicks he missed were outside of 50 yards. The kid is good. It kind of like hitting your wedge inside of a 10 ft circle from 80 yards out vs hitting a 3 iron into the same circle from 200 . Also like golf some days you got it some days you don’t . What you look for is consistency “ most” of the time. AC won’t lose us any games but he might win us some. If you rely on a 50+ yd field goal to win then you really didn’t deserve it. 

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think the one thing that needs to be fixed in his next/last season is his Favre esque decision making. Having the guys he does, he just doesn’t know how to consistently take what’s short and easy, at least not against pressure it would seem. It doesn’t help that his OCs don’t understand how to ride the running game unless they’re front running.

Sark isn’t the guy to break those habits and he also sucks as an OC so hopefully Tua doesn’t repair these weaknesses until combine time. He COULD be Russell Wilson if his IQ improves and that’s just not what we need  

Yea cause this year when they have to pull Tua they won’t have Jalen sitting in the wind like last year. If not for JH I think the would have lost the SEC game.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yea cause this year when they have to pull Tua they won’t have Jalen sitting in the wind like last year. If not for JH I think the would have lost the SEC game.

I already explained the guy was hurt lol. We had a healthy NFL QB who looked horrible against UGA, what is a hurt one going to do? 

5 hours ago, Viper said:

going to go out on a limb and say there has never been a true Freshman QB to ever start a season opener at Auburn.

Your limb would break. Travis Tidwell started at QB as a true freshman in Auburn's 1947 season opener. To date, he's the only AU QB who started the opener of his true freshman year and Tidwell was eventually an NFL 1st round draft pick, #7 overall. Whether Nix joins him or not remains to be seen. Stan White was a redshirt freshman when he started, as Gatewood will be if he starts.

4 hours ago, au75 said:

Bo Nix will be the second.:wareagle:

Corrected that one for you! :)

Archived