Practice notes 8/17

gr82b4au

Pappoe is future Butkus and 1st round... No doubt.  2 years from now, Auburn could be incredible.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

a guy who knows a guy who's sister's boyfriend's brother

You just reminded me of this...

115bf092-722b-4ff5-bd35-76ab85075d5a_tex

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Let me guess... the Tiger offense went to Zone Read & WR bubble-screens in the 4th qtr?

Omit bubble screens and you have it. Some programmer did his homework...😉

39 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What's the word with Michael Harris? I haven't heard his name all Fall camp. Is he injured?

He's been working at Money backer behind KJ and Chandler. I suspect his main contribution will come on special teams this year.

42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What's the word with Michael Harris? I haven't heard his name all Fall camp. Is he injured?

Nope. Just guys in front of him getting the pub.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

He's been working at Money backer behind KJ and Chandler. I suspect his main contribution will come on special teams this year.

I thought KJ & CW have been interchanging at the Mike & Will? The 2 primary LBs in our D.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought KJ & CW have been interchanging at the Mike & Will? The 2 primary LBs in our D.

TWill said he's got KJ and Chandler competing. I know KJ's at Money (the Mike or MLB). Chandler has played outside in the past, but I'm guessing with Pappoe emerging that has allowed him to move inside. Also, when KJ was out Chandler was playing Money. The 2 most experienced guys helping QB the defense. :thumbsup: But yeah they're all pretty much interchangeable. 

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Not necessarily practice news but:

In the comments he makes it sound like he knows who the QB is and says it will be announced "real soon."

4 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

In the comments he makes it sound like he knows who the QB is and says it will be announced "real soon."

I bet it's more connected to this earlier tweet....

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

He’s probably announcing he will have a radio show.

As for the QB decision:

giphy.gif

On 8/17/2019 at 3:09 PM, AUGoo said:

Who is Seth?

It dawned on me how much of last season I missed.

I've looked at highlights from last season and wondered how I don;t remember them.

Remembered I had a sick and dying MIL last fall.  

Apologize for my ignorance.

53 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He’s probably announcing he will have a radio show.

As for the QB decision:

giphy.gif

That seems to be right, he seemed to have a lot of people thinking it was info on the QB decision and he should know how auburn fans are uptight and antsy about two things, QB races and coaching searches. Lol

15 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Pappoe is future Butkus and 1st round... No doubt.  2 years from now, Auburn could be incredible.  

Yes It's about time we get a player like this. A national talent that everybody talks about. He along with the other lbs we got committed this year could spark something really special separating us from those really..... REALLY bad lb years.

9 hours ago, AUGoo said:

It dawned on me how much of last season I missed.

I've looked at highlights from last season and wondered how I don;t remember them.

Remembered I had a sick and dying MIL last fall.  

Apologize for my ignorance.

If the response to your original question compels you to apologize for your position during last year's season, then I'll apologize on behalf of whoever the respondant was (I don't think the name is important).  I saw your "who" post and figured you might get blown up.  I hope everybody is in much better shape for the '19 season...?

On 8/18/2019 at 8:18 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Any chance this will play out the way we're all hoping?

Man am I praying for this kid to be the second coming of Takeo.....

Very well thought out post!

On 8/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, Maverick.AU said:

Did he announce an 8th year of eligibility?

On 8/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

If the response to your original question compels you to apologize for your position during last year's season, then I'll apologize on behalf of whoever the respondant was (I don't think the name is important).  I saw your "who" post and figured you might get blown up.  I hope everybody is in much better shape for the '19 season...?

Thank you.

She actually died the week of the Tennessee game. We had a plans with my old room mate that weekend.  Her funeral was Saturday of the game.

I probably cried less at the funeral than I would have a JHS that day.

Sorry I missed my bud. But damn glad I missed that game!

Archived