Practice notes 8/17

gr82b4au

So we ran into a guy we know at the grocery store that’s a donor. He watched yesterday’s practice.  He said that the QBs looked about the same and competition is really tight. Both would make passes and both would miss passes.  He said our defense was putting pressure on them the whole time.  He said the defense is REALLY good.  His opinion was that Joey would be the starter, but I don’t think he really knows anything.  🤷‍♀️ 

This guy is a big talker, meaning he talks a lot.  He was probably deep in conversation with someone and watching practice out of one eye, for all I know. That’s as close as I will ever come to “insider” info. 😂 We all will just have to wait until the word come out of Gus’s lips, which is hard.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So we ran into a guy we know at the grocery store that’s a donor. He watched yesterday’s practice.  He said that the QBs looked about the same and competition is really tight. Both would make passes and both would miss passes.  He said our defense was putting pressure on them the whole time.  He said the defense is REALLY good.  His opinion was that Joey would be the starter, but I don’t think he really knows anything.  🤷‍♀️ 

This guy is a big talker, meaning he talks a lot.  He was probably deep in conversation with someone and watching practice out of one eye, for all I know. That’s as close as I will ever come to “insider” info. 😂 We all will just have to wait until the word come out of Gus’s lips, which is hard.  

Now THIS ^^^^^^^ is how you share VIP content. "...I heard it from a guy who knows a guy who's sister's boyfriend's brother was there..."

3rd Gen gets it!

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it was one of the last three or four pages. i am looking at stidham auto rookies at the moment or i would go back. but i can do that in the future. um chuma okeke has one rookie card out and i am looking his up next. i collect auburn players.........cards

FIFY. Sorry but they way it read before made you look like a serial abductor or worse. 😬

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

FIFY. Sorry but they way it read before made you look like a serial abductor or worse. 😬

lol thats pretty funny right there. but i have to kill em quick cus them boys eat too much.................

17 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

- most confusing tweet ever.

Yeah, "I'm not going to not say not".

Feels like a voters' ballot question....

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Now THIS ^^^^^^^ is how you share VIP content. "...I heard it from a guy who knows a guy who's sister's boyfriend's brother was there..."

3rd Gen gets it!

I’m gonna reveal my source....

My source’s oldest daughter used to be engaged to one of my husband’s first cousin’s twin sons.  My source was almost family until Josh broke up with her. How’s that for “insider”. 😂😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My source’s oldest daughter used to be engaged to one of my husband’s firstcousin’s twin sons.  He was almost family until John broke up with her. How’s that for “insider”. 😂😂😂😂😂

So your inside info is a solid gold lock!

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My source’s oldest daughter used to be engaged to one of my husband’s firstcousin’s twin sons.  He was almost family until John broke up with her. How’s that for “insider”. 😂😂😂😂😂

Which Soap was the above scene from?

A- Generation Hospital

B- One Generation To Live

C- The Young and the Restless Generation.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

A- Generation Hospital

A Generation of our lives

46 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A- Generation Hospital

D. None of the above. It’s the Walton’s. 

Supposedly Sandberg was tearing it up....

Maybe we get to play all three against oregon.  

Chuckle, chuckle, snicker, snicker

Saw on youtube where an AU fan simulated the opener on NCAA Football 2014 (with 2019 players) and AU beat Oregon 31-15. 

16 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Saw on youtube where an AU fan simulated the opener on NCAA Football 2014 (with 2019 players) and AU beat Oregon 31-15. 

I've simulated it several times, and never does Oregon come close.  Let's hope the guys and gals at Operation Sports are accurate.  When you simulate, we do run a crap ton of zone read though.  Had to change my sliders a bit.

47 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I simmed it last night on PS3 and Oregon overcame a 24-17 deficit in the 4Q to win 31-24.  

13 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I simmed it last night on PS3 and Oregon overcame a 24-17 deficit in the 4Q to win 31-24.  

Let me guess... the Tiger offense went to Zone Read & WR bubble-screens in the 4th qtr?

Why announce our QB before the game?     I always prefer some secrecy...especially now when it appears that both guys are pretty even but seem to have different skill levels vis a vis the RPO........so...let the Oregon D guess....

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Why announce our QB before the game?     I always prefer some secrecy...especially now when it appears that both guys are pretty even but seem to have different skill levels vis a vis the RPO........so...let the Oregon D guess....

The QB I’m most worried in that game is Justin Herbert. Great matchup for our heralded defense, right out of the gates. 

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The QB I’m most worried in that game is Justin Herbert. Great matchup for our heralded defense, right out of the gates. 

They have a nice compliment of an offensive line. 

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Any chance this will play out the way we're all hoping?

Man am I praying for this kid to be the second coming of Takeo.....

Some people subscribe to the thought that a guy can be too hyped, but how often does that happen on defense in CFB? Guys like Derwin and Ramsey for FSU or Devin White and Moses got all the hype (primarily the former 3) and lived up to it. I dont see any way the LB corp and specifically this guy end up being not great, even if the DL or secondary ends up kinda subpar

Archived