Practice notes 8/17

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Deshauns, based on performances relative to competition, the second most impressive QB of the decade imo. Clemson didn’t have the best running game or OL during his time and he went up against a near elite FSU, Lamar, and prime Bama. I don’t think it’s a slight to say what you said. However, if Tua can dominate a top 10ish A&M, the best LSU squad since their title year (or at least the most hyped), Auburn’s defense and UGA/UT...I think we could at least put him on the same tier. Maybe not better but in the same breath. Trevor looks like a HOFer maybe but he also played on what might be one of the best teams ever and could have a sophomore slump that changes the paradigm 

IMO Tua should finish around the top 20 all time if he continued his trajectory 

No one doubts where Tua should finish in stats. He has had/still has three NFL WRs to throw to. Peyton did not.

There is zero comparison to their arms. Peyton was once in a generational QB. The only recent comparison is Trevor Lawrence. There is no other.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Your limb would break. Travis Tidwell started at QB as a true freshman in Auburn's 1947 season opener. To date, he's the only AU QB who started the opener of his true freshman year and Tidwell was eventually an NFL 1st round draft pick, #7 overall. Whether Nix joins him or not remains to be seen. Stan White was a redshirt freshman when he started, as Gatewood will be if he starts.

Corrected that one for you! :)

And that's why I went out on a limb. I knew you or the PBR pres @augolf1716would have witnessed it in 1947.

Patrick mahomes and Robert Griffin were just a few off the top of my head that were the most impressive high school QB's. As far as mahomes goes I can't imagine a more impressive specimen EVER coming around. Can't get any better than him

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If not for JH I think the would have lost the SEC game.

And if not for Tua, they would lost against Georgia in 2017. It's incredible their luck with backup QBs.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Patrick mahomes and Robert Griffin were just a few off the top of my head that were the most impressive high school QB's. As far as mahomes goes I can't imagine a more impressive specimen EVER coming around. Can't get any better than him

You're too young. Peyton was easily the most impressive high school QB of all-time on film.

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really liked him at tech and he’s my favorite after Cam now. 

41 minutes ago, Viper said:

You're too young. Peyton was easily the most impressive high school QB of all-time on film.

Maybe you should just look beyond what you think but there's literally nothing anybody can watch a guy do and then think mahomes can't do it

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I dont know about HS Mahomes but I dont see how he couldnt compare in terms of arm strength. Dude has an ATG cannon and at least out strengths Trevor Lawrence 

I haven't really been keeping up. Is Gus allowing CKD to manage and coach the QBs or is he doing it?  I'm thinking Bo has an advantage. 

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

RG3 running the 300 hurdles was amazing to watch. He easily should've been in the Olympics. An absolute freak of an athlete.

18 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Not going to post specifics but a few general observations:

1) OL did better at pass blocking today 

2) The defense should dominate this year 

3) it seems more and more likely that Bo is going to start but both looked good

4) Seth is amazing

5) FG kicking was off today. We will need this to be on in order to win games with our defense. 

If this was summed from VIP then Awesome @gr82b4au! That's how it's done.

10 hours ago, Viper said:

And if not for Tua, they would lost against Georgia in 2017. It's incredible their luck with backup QBs.

Actually I’ve seen that a lot. Back up QB comes of the bench and things suddenly change. That’s why it is so important to keep both of these QBs . Kind of like pitchers some days you just can’t get your head into it. Or you are trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Then when the Backup comes in everyone wants him to be the starter, till next week when he can’t get it done. As I said I have no doubt both these guys will both play a lot throughout the year.

11 hours ago, Viper said:

I think it is more about preparation than luck with them.  When they blow teams out and put the reserves in, they run the whole offense until late in the game.  The backup is prepared to come in. One of my biggest frustrations with Gus is the fact that he is just trying to end the game to come out healthy physically instead of actually using the valuable game experience to prepare the QBs with passing attempts. 

some cat on the rant who claimed to be at practice with a lot of donors.etc. says bo and joey both will play quit a bit the first three games. tka it for what it is worth. and carlson missed a couple of forty yard kicks which is a tad worrisome. and it seems as both qb's are playing very well bo is supposedly lights out right now. and yes they keep think gus will announce the starting qb today. who knows? i am ready to quit talking and worrying and watch some auburn football.

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think Bo is going to transfer no matter what right now. I also think that If Bo starts, Joey will play a lot.

As far as what separates them, it seems that Bo is more accurate and sees the field better. He is just a more polished QB due to coaching and past playing time. Heck, he has been a starter and the primary QB for years. If Joey had more playing time in HS with the same good coaching, I think he would start. 

Either way there is a plus for both... And there are minuses for both... And both are going to make mistakes when they play. They are freshmen. I hope people remember that. 

The biggest deal to me was the fact that the OL finally held their own today in pass blocking. That is music to my ears.

I agree with your thoughts and regardless of the starter am hopeful that they both get to play a lot. That might mean that the team is playing successfully and both could have definitive roles.

Marlon Davidson was a monster at practice

Owen Pappoe also pretty much just running over everyone.

bo does appear to be the favorite...........

34 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

The same cat?

41 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Interesting, thanks.

26 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

The same cat?

sorry i am lost? i went to rant and i believe someone else added to what was already posted. this guy says he was at the practice. does that calrify what you mean?

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry i am lost? i went to rant and i believe someone else added to what was already posted. this guy says he was at the practice. does that calrify what you mean?

Not someone who usually has inside info but all we can do is go by his word. Upon further review the posts & info are...

giphy.gif

@aubiefifty when you see someone make a post like that on SECRany can you give the page number so it's relatively easy to find?

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not someone who usually has inside info but all we can do is go by his word. Upon further review the posts & info are...

giphy.gif

@aubiefifty when you see someone make a post like that on SECRany can you give the page number so it's relatively easy to find?

it was one of the last three or four pages. i am looking at stidham auto rookies at the moment or i would go back. but i can do that in the future. um chuma okeke has one rookie card out and i am looking his up next. i collect auburn players.........

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it was one of the last three or four pages. i am looking at stidham auto rookies at the moment or i would go back. but i can do that in the future. um chuma okeke has one rookie card out and i am looking his up next. i collect auburn players.........

I found them. I was saying it as for future reference.

Archived