Time Blocks Science from Publication

AFTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

So, in your mind, science is a fraud. 

Isn't that what I just said?  You don't believe in science.

I feel like am talking to a child. That is not what I said and you should know that. I cite for one example the debunked and  infamous hockey stick author Michael Mann. 

You seem to have forgotten the scandalous events at UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) where the science was cooked. Mann and cooperating scientists influenced science publications to reject papers questioning "consensus" of climate change. That is fraud.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, AFTiger said:

I feel like am talking to a child. That is not what I said and you should know that. I cite for one example the debunked and  infamous hockey stick author Michael Mann. 

You seem to have forgotten the scandalous events at UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) where the science was cooked. Mann and cooperating scientists influenced science publications to reject papers questioning "consensus" of climate change. That is fraud.

Yeah, it's one big global scientific hoax.   :rolleyes:

Virtually all of the climatic and related scientists around the world - not to mention every serious scientific professional organization are complicit in it.

They aren't just wrong, they are perpetuating a hoax. (No doubt you know their motivation.)

All of the data that supports AGW theory is fake.  The world is not getting warmer, it's getting cooler.

Are you satisfied now?

12 hours ago, Tiger Sue said:
  Good grief.  You probably took this seriously, didn't you Sue?

"(Natural News) For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns are completely natural and normal. But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom."

Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a conspiracy theory and fake news website.[2] The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine, tendentious nutrition and health claims,[3] fake news,[4][5][6] and espouses various conspiracy theories.[7] These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails",[2] fluoridated drinking water,[8] anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame), and alleged health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines,[2][3] including the now-discredited link to autism.[9] It has also spread conspiracy theories about the Zika virus allegedly being spread by genetically modified mosquitoes[10] and purported adverse effects of genetically modified crops, as well as the farming practices associated with and foods derived from them.[11]

The site's founder, Michael Allen "Mike" Adams, gained attention after posting a blog entry implying a call for violence against proponents of GMO foods, and then allegedly creating another website with a list of names of alleged supporters. He has been accused of using "pseudoscience to sell his lies".[12] Adams has described vaccines as "medical child abuse".[13]

Characterized as a "conspiracy-minded alternative medicine website", Natural News has approximately 7 million unique visitors per month.[14]   (Apparently including Sue.;D)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

18 hours ago, AFTiger said:

Pitiful 

:dunno:  What's the matter? 

Either you - or one of the deniers you have referenced - has made one of these claims:

• It's one big global scientific hoax.  
  • Virtually all of the climatic and related scientists around the world - not to mention every serious scientific professional organization are complicit in it.
  • They aren't just wrong, they are perpetuating a hoax. (No doubt you know their motivation.)
  • All of the data that supports AGW theory is fake. 
  • The world is not getting warmer, it's getting cooler.
  • It all means complete government control of our lives. 

I give up.  You are right. You win the debate!

Are you not satisfied now? 

On 10/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, homersapien said:
  Good grief.  You probably took this seriously, didn't you Sue?

"(Natural News) For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns are completely natural and normal. But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom."

Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a conspiracy theory and fake news website.[2] The website sells various dietary supplements, promotes alternative medicine, tendentious nutrition and health claims,[3] fake news,[4][5][6] and espouses various conspiracy theories.[7] These conspiracy theories include chemophobic claims about the purported dangers of "chemtrails",[2] fluoridated drinking water,[8] anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame), and alleged health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines,[2][3] including the now-discredited link to autism.[9] It has also spread conspiracy theories about the Zika virus allegedly being spread by genetically modified mosquitoes[10] and purported adverse effects of genetically modified crops, as well as the farming practices associated with and foods derived from them.[11]

The site's founder, Michael Allen "Mike" Adams, gained attention after posting a blog entry implying a call for violence against proponents of GMO foods, and then allegedly creating another website with a list of names of alleged supporters. He has been accused of using "pseudoscience to sell his lies".[12] Adams has described vaccines as "medical child abuse".[13]

Characterized as a "conspiracy-minded alternative medicine website", Natural News has approximately 7 million unique visitors per month.[14]   (Apparently including Sue.;D)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

This is Mike Adams' site. I just mentioned this dude lol. 

On 9/30/2019 at 9:46 PM, Tiger Sue said:

Quoting the site of a fellow that literally denies the germ theory of disease is pretty laughable, Sue. 

31 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Quoting the site of a fellow that literally denies the germ theory of disease is pretty laughable, Sue. 

I guess you didn't notice I said "maybe.'"  I thought it was humorous and would get homer's dander up. It worked. But glad you got a laugh.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:53 PM, Tiger Sue said:

I guess you didn't notice I said "maybe.'"  I thought it was humorous and would get homer's dander up. It worked. But glad you got a laugh.

Sure you did.  ;)

The old "I was just kidding" excuse.  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Not to be a smartass...

But I've seen a hundred of these climate threads by now on these forums. What I've never seen in any of them was a poster stating "Wow, ya'know I used to deny climate change, but this thread has changed my mind!" ... or even vice versa that.

@homersapien   You are old and a part of every one of these threads, can you remember anyone ever changing their position once stated?

16 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Not to be a smartass...

But I've seen a hundred of these climate threads by now on these forums. What I've never seen in any of them was a poster stating "Wow, ya'know I used to deny climate change, but this thread has changed my mind!" ... or even vice versa that.

@homersapien   You are old and a part of every one of these threads, can you remember anyone ever changing their position once stated?

No. 

But deniers won't change their positions until the truth is obviously apparent, and even then they will likely deny it.   They are too emotionally/politically  invested to admit they were wrong.

I am not trying to persuade them - which is a fool's errand - but I will call out their BS arguments for what they are.  While one cannot persuade the un-persuadable, you can always stand for the actual science that reveals the truth about what is (already) happening.  

That might have an effect in persuading those who may be equally ignorant of the science, but are otherwise open to the idea that AGW is factual. 

I have faith these "persuadables", will ultimately accept the reality of AGW - even if only by observing or experiencing it. 

Regardless, there are a lot more of them than the deniers.

Archived