Who gets more RB2 carries against Arkansas?

dyehardfanAU

Most RB2 Carries vs. Arkansas?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB would backup Kam Martin the most?

• DJ Williams
    • Shaun Shivers
    • Malik Miller

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trick question ! Harold joiner 

Realistically: DJ Williams. IMO, he looks the best out of all of them. However, he was going against 2nd and 3rd string. I think people will be in for a rude awakening when they see how different it will be to consistently get carries against teams best players. 

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Joey Gatewood

If he's capable of hitting hot read slants/curls in RPO after a zone read/inverted veer decision then there's no reason for him not to get several series at QB.

Mix it up between our normal offense and Wildcat looks.  Have Williams in at RB.

If we cut out the slow developing plays where our OL/TE/HB is supposed to hold a block for too long it'd do wonders as well.

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

If he's capable of hitting hot read slants/curls in RPO after a zone read decision then there's no reason for him not to get several series.

If we cut out the slow developing plays where our OL is supposed to hold a block for too long it'd do wonders as well.

I am going out on a limb, but if we are to compete against the big 3, we need to start fine tuning this aspect of the offense for two reasons.  To force them to practice for it and for us to dominate in it.  We have to protect our weakness which we all know is the o-line.  Joey needs reps now if he is gonna be a big game asset later this season.

this is the time to unleash this package.

I don’t even like to predict anything anymore. I look forward to seeing it fold out and I don’t have any preferences. But I would like to see DJ develop into a stud. I just can’t predict he will. 

10 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

That would be truly impressive if he backed up himself. 

Sorry read thread title not poll title

Joey g may get a few series. We’ll see. Joiner can run up between tackles. I would like to see Worm carry 10 plus. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Trick question ! Harold joiner 

Realistically: DJ Williams. IMO, he looks the best out of all of them. However, he was going against 2nd and 3rd string. I think people will be in for a rude awakening when they see how different it will be to consistently get carries against teams best players. 

I agree, but didn't we have backup O-Line in as well?

Not that I take "Press Conference Gus" that seriously but didn't he already say DJ would finally get some real work?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Sorry read thread title not poll title

Yeah, I should've done a better job of that.  I think you're right though with your line of thinking.

No offense to Boobee 😏 but honestly him being out makes the upcoming Arky game a bit more intriguing. I'm genuinely VERY curious how the run game will look.

Now, if Brahms would only get healthy so that they can sit my Mancrush down :sad2: and give NB an opportunity...

i bet gus starts out playing it safe. does anyone think he would play kmart and malik to throw others off if arkie is as bad as they seem? personally i hope worm gets out of the doghouse and runs wild with that speed. but i want to see dj as well.

We have already seen that Kmart is not the go to guy, so please let DJ, HJ, and WormJ I mean Worm get a bunch of carries. I hope to high heaven that somebody qualified is working with Bo on his footwork and throwing, also our receivers on route running. I have given up on our o line.

19 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We have already seen that Kmart is not the go to guy, so please let DJ, HJ, and WormJ I mean Worm get a bunch of carries. I hope to high heaven that somebody qualified is working with Bo on his footwork and throwing, also our receivers on route running. I have given up on our o line.

I doubt we see much of HJ or Shivers.  Neither appear to have what it takes to be RB2 at the moment.

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I doubt we see much of HJ or Shivers.  Neither appear to have what it takes to be RB2 at the moment.

Sounds like Gus has begrudgingly taken HJ  away from his critical one-wheel-route-evrry-other-game role and is repping him at RB. 

I just feel sorry for whoever only gets to run wheel routes now. Hey, maybe it will be Worm. Better than what he's been getting.

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sounds like Gus has begrudgingly taken HJ  away from his critical one-wheel-route-evrry-other-game role and is repping him at RB. 

I just feel sorry for whoever only gets to run wheel routes now. Hey, maybe it will be Worm. Better than what he's been getting.

On the real though, I'd like to see some HB Wheel routes mixed in here and there.

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Got to respectfully disagree. I think Gus has not given them enough playing time to find out.

Maybe Miller? He's been shown to be the preferred passing down blocker and he's a decent pass catcher. But he's certainly not as fast as KMart or Worm.

I'm guessing KMart must be a liability on passing downs because he runs pretty well. I would guess he gets the start.

Hard to judge DJ. His carries in college have been limited to a quarter in a scrimmage against the 3's, and a Mississippi State squad phoning it in. Could be his coming out party but we'll see. If there ever a time to have to test out our options at Running Back, a bye week and against Arkansas isn't a bad one.

Archived