Wouldn't it be nice...

bigbird

One of these days a coach will have the guts to run the wishbone again. 😎

Yea...I don't know Bird....we have a True Freshman ( #1 DT 5*)  this year so no way he can make a read, and We had Jarrett Stidham, who could only end up being good enough to be Tom Brady's replacement the previous years,.....I guess what I am saying is we haven't had the right guy at QB to be able to make those types of reads....to be able to look pre-snap...and then....furthermore...assess what a defensive player does by the direction he takes with 1 step....I mean....that's dern near Rocket Appliances. We would put pressure on Bo who is only 19 years old to be able to turn his head over a 45 degree angle...then use his eyes hoping that they calibrate with his brain to process real time information. I mean....they shouldn't be able to do that until they are 7 or 8 years in I don't believe. To add to this, I think we can all honestly say Gus' Offense is far more complex than this with this so we are just going to 86 this whole thing!

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea...I don't know Bird....we have a True Freshman ( #1 DT 5*)  this year so no way he can make a read, and We had Jarrett Stidham, who could only end up being good enough to be Tom Brady's replacement the previous years,.....I guess what I am saying is we haven't had the right guy at QB to be able to make those types of reads....to be able to look pre-snap...and then....furthermore...assess what a defensive player does by the direction he takes with 1 step....I mean....that's dern near Rocket Appliances. We would put pressure on Bo who is only 19 years old to be able to turn his head over a 45 degree angle...then use his eyes hoping that they calibrate with his brain to process real time information. I mean....they shouldn't be able to do that until they are 7 or 8 years in I don't believe. To add to this, I think we can all honestly say Gus' Offense is far more complex than this with this so we are just going to 86 this whole thing!

Image result for you have my attention gif

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

One of these days a coach will have the guts to run the wishbone again. 😎

I would like to see an offense with a lot of talent run it. Not as their main offense but just throw it out there some during a game. Could you imagine the possiblities a few years back with Marshall, Prosch, CAP, and Mason in the backfield together? 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You mean we don't have to stick with vanilla? 

S8qWy8k.gif

25 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

this is a nice play, but only worked bc the CB blitzed.

Watch it closer.  The running back going out to the flat for a pass is uncovered and had blockers in front of him.  There were two solid options for Herbert to throw to out of the three (other option being a handoff).

10 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Superior D and athletes. 

A superior D will carry you far...

:Sing:

21 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

Wouldn't that require some kind of adjustment to our offense?

Unthinkable I know.

54 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Man that's bush league stuff compared to the one legged Boobie wildcat. What are you thinking?

Seems like everyone has forgotten the Whirly Bird play as well. It takes true genius to have the ball carrier perform a pirouette.

1 hour ago, auelvis87 said:

Wouldn't that require some kind of adjustment to our offense?

The best and easiest way to accomplish the adjustment is to hire the Oregon coach.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

If I had my way we would be next season.  I'm just $13M short of making it happen...

Why change anything? Our role is to win at around a .660 clip and accept it. Any changes and we could exceed that total and we possibly lose our underdog status. Do we really want to do that? 

Archived