12th Game Scenarios

Guest Tigrinum Major

Which option would you liek to see when the 12th game becomes reality?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you liek to see when the 12th game becomes reality?

• Play (read: beat) Bama first week of the season, add big name opponent at the end of the season
    • Play (read: beat) Bama the week before the SECCG, add big name opponent at the first week of the season
    • Play (read: beat) Bama two weeks before the SECCG, add another patsy between them and the SECCG
    • Play a big name opponent in the current open date of the schedule
    • Play a creampuff in the current open date of the season
    • Other ('Splain it below)

I was torn between big name at the first of the season and big name at open date. I went with open date because, as much as I look forword to playing someone good with the first game, the reprecussions of a loss are more dramatic when you start off with a loss.

What big name school would people like to see us play?

I'd like (in no particular order):

Notre Dame

Michigan

Ohio State

Oregon

Texas

Virginia

West Virginia

USC again

Cal

Purdue

Florida State

Michigan State

I voted other. I like the idea of the IRon Bowl being the week before the SECC Game, but I didn't like the Read: Beat Bama part of it. :P:big:

If we have to have 12th game... I am for the beat Bama the week before the SECCG and have a big name at the beginning of the season. I know it's bitten us before, but having a big name at the beginning could help the team get up for the season from the very beginning. The main reason I voted that though was becuase there ain't no way anything besides post season play is coming after the Iron Bowl.

I think we should play the freakin corndogs for the twelfth game, just so we can be sure they understood the asswhippin we gave them the first time.

Instead of the stupid "12th game with no earlier start date to the season", do the Plus 1 of a playoff!!! :angry:

:au::homer:

Seeing as how our 2006 nonconference schedule is unknown, here's how I'd like to see it go down:

* One Top 25 type opponent, maybe somebody we haven't played in a while (Miami, Texas, Ohio State, FSU, etc.)

* A mid-to-bottom tier team from a BCS conference (Duke, Indiana, Baylor, Stanford, etc.) that has some name recognition, but would stand a pretty good chance of being a win.

* Two "buy" games (the UL-Monroes of the world).

Put one of those cupcakes as the very first game, then try to get the big boy in week 2 or 3. Save one of the cupcakes for mid-to-late October when you need a break. Put the remaining non-conference game in late September.

With that sort of a non-conference schedule, you could have 7 home games out of 12 (the two "buy" games would naturally be home games and the other two could alternate 1 home, 1 away), which is what the athletic directors are looking for by adding the 12th game to begin with.

* A mid-to-bottom tier team from a BCS conference (Duke, Indiana, Baylor, Stanford, etc.) that has some name recognition, but would stand a pretty good chance of being a win.

158919[/snapback]

CAB calling plays against the team he was former Head Coach at, that would be awesome.

158919[/snapback]

CAB calling plays against the team he was former Head Coach at, that would be awesome.

158959[/snapback]

he was never a head coach

Start the season a week early and open up with either Troy or UAB. Keep the open date and Bammer right where they are.

158919[/snapback]

158959[/snapback]

he was never a head coach

158968[/snapback]

Thanks for busting me out on that tough cat. Although not an excuse, I had several vaaka and red bulls, and offensive coordinator was just too hard to type at the time.

Archived