Give'em Hell, Harry!

The leading spokesman for the Dems is a soft-spoken, but no nonsense, pro-life Mormon named Harry Reid. I love the guy's honesty.

"I can't imagine how Orrin Hatch can keep a straight face," Reid told The Salt Lake Tribune editorial board. "I don't know how, within the framework of intellectual honesty, he can say the things he does."

The U.S. Senate is locked nose to nose over the issue. Republican leaders have threatened a "nuclear option," changing Senate rules to allow a simple majority vote to end a filibuster and confirm a judge. Democrats have countered with threats to bring Senate business to an impasse.

Reid says Hatch is "disingenuous" in his recollections of history, pointing out that Democrats have approved 207 of the president's judicial candidates and rejected just 10.

He calls five judges Democrats have blocked - including Texas Supreme Court Justice Patricia Owen and California Supreme Court Associate Justice Janice Rogers Brown - the "worst of the worst." Reid notes that under Hatch, 69 of former President Clinton's judicial nominations "never saw the light of day" because Utah's senior senator stopped them from proceeding to the Senate floor for a vote. Republicans delayed approval of Richard Paez, a Brigham Young University graduate. In 1999, Hatch refused to sign off on any nominees until Clinton nominated Republican Ted Stewart, former Gov. Mike Leavitt's chief of staff.

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2719567?rss

California Supreme Court Associate Justice Janice Rogers Brown - the "worst of the worst." Reid notes

Reid and the DEMS are just racists at heart. They don't want to see the daughter of a black share cropper from AL rise to possibly sit on the Supreme Court.

And THAT'S telling it like it is.

California Supreme Court Associate Justice Janice Rogers Brown - the "worst of the worst." Reid notes

Reid and the DEMS are just racists at heart. They don't want to see the daughter of a black share cropper from AL rise to possibly sit on the Supreme Court.

158963[/snapback]

You're a psycho and a moron. That's unbridled honesty.

You're a psycho and a moron.

Ha ha. That's all you can do, because you know that I'm right and the Dems are racists. Period. They only want blacks to achieve as long as it helps the Dem party. Blacks under Dem control are still slaves, only they have the preception of a little bit more freedom. Other than that, not much has changed.

158963[/snapback]

The flip-side to the argument is that these judges have been disqualified based on the content of their character, as Martin Luther King wanted. To prove your assertion that the Dems are "racists at heart," we should expect to see no racial minorities in Bush's cabinet (they undergo the confirmation process, too) nor should we see any racial minorities confirmed as judges. Is that the case?

Ha ha. That's all you can do, because you know  that I'm right and the Dems are racists. Period. They only want blacks to achieve as long as it helps the Dem party. Blacks under Dem control are still slaves, only they have the preception of a little bit more freedom.  Other than that, not much has changed.

158966[/snapback]

That may be the most asinine statement I've read on this board in over 4 years.

Care to elaborate on that ? Or is that the best you can do...simply call something 'asanine' w/ out offering up any coherent reply?

Ha ha. That's all you can do, because you know  that I'm right and the Dems are racists. Period. They only want blacks to achieve as long as it helps the Dem party. Blacks under Dem control are still slaves, only they have the preception of a little bit more freedom.  Other than that, not much has changed.

158966[/snapback]

159006[/snapback]

I'll second that emotion!!!

I'll second that emotion!!!

Seriously, what has the Democrat party done for the Black community here in the US but to keep their poverty level at EXACTLY the same level as it was 40 yrs ago? President Bush has promoted more 'minorities' into positions of real power and who are superbly qualified than any other President. And yet he gets zero credit. Democrats would tell us that Blacks and other minorities need special favors from the Gov't to get ahead. You'd think that after several decades of failure w/ that song and dance, many would seek out other political parties to hitch their wagon.

But you folks keep up w/ your bumper sticker rhetoric. It suits you so well.

Democrats would tell us that Blacks and other minorities need special favors from the Gov't to get ahead. You'd think that after several decades of failure w/ that song and dance, many would seek out other political parties to hitch their wagon.

Hmmm....didn't they receive several centuries' worth of special Gov't "favors" to be kept behind? I'm not sure why you devalue the tremendous strides that blacks have made in this country. Maybe you really have no clue what life was like for a black person in 1965. Find one and ask him or her if they believe their life is better or if they long for the "good old days."

And Robert Byrd is still in government and he FILIBUSTERED against civil rights for blacks. The head of the DNC didn't have any blacks in his cabinet as Gov. of Vermont

And to some since bush doesn't fully support Affirmitive Action, he's all but called a racist.

and Bush is right about the SS being unfair to blacks. Blacks don't live as long as whites.

I'm not sure why you devalue the tremendous strides that blacks have made in this country.
Why would you say that? You seem to have me confused w/ Rev Al Sharpton, who still thinks that blacks don't have a right to vote in this country. It's him and the sycophants on the Left who want to paint today as being no different as the mid 1800's, instead of how things really are. Advances for blacks HAVE been made, but I contend that it's in spite of, rather than because of , what the Dems have done.

Wow! Now while speaking to a group of children in Nevada, he calls Bush a loser.

But hey give him credit, he tried to apologize to Bush, but Bush was in Europe. Reid apologized to Rove. :lol:

Care to elaborate on that ? Or is that the best you can do...simply call something 'asanine' w/ out offering up any coherent reply?

159059[/snapback]

That distinctly obvious statement was in direct proportion to the 'coherent' one you made. IMNSHO, by attempting to defend your point of view on this, you have solidified yourself as the biggest ___________ (insert insulting term of your choice here) to ever grace our good board.

Threads like this are why I stopped coming to the 'politcally speaking' board in the first place. Having to read crap like this from grown, (supposedly) educated, responsible, Auburn people makes me wonder if you've ever read George Petrie's work.

158966[/snapback]

159006[/snapback]

Is it really fair to rate only one of Raptor's comments as the most asinine? At some point, they are really impossible to distinguish. ;)

Is it really fair to rate only one of Raptor's comments as the most asinine? At some point, they are really impossible to distinguish.

I think she posts under various nicknames. "Raptor" is but one personality and you're right...her comments really DO begin to blur into something like "white noise."

Threads like this are why I stopped coming to the 'politcally speaking' board in the first place.

Mike, you've got it all wrong. Threads like this are exactly WHY you OUGHT to post in "politically speaking!"

159059[/snapback]

That distinctly obvious statement was in direct proportion to the 'coherent' one you made. IMNSHO, by attempting to defend your point of view on this, you have solidified yourself as the biggest ___________ (insert insulting term of your choice here) to ever grace our good board.

Threads like this are why I stopped coming to the 'politcally speaking' board in the first place. Having to read crap like this from grown, (supposedly) educated, responsible, Auburn people makes me wonder if you've ever read George Petrie's work.

159142[/snapback]

Then kindly stay the hell away. If all you have is empty headed insults and derogaotry comments about other's intelligence when anyone has an oposing point of view....my god, now DO you get through your day?

The mere fact that you can't reply w/ out vilifying me speaks volumes about you.

159059[/snapback]

159142[/snapback]

Then kindly stay the hell away. If all you have is empty headed insults and derogaotry comments about other's intelligence when anyone has an oposing point of view....my god, now DO you get through your day?

The mere fact that you can't reply w/ out vilifying me speaks volumes about you.

159156[/snapback]

You're not the boss of him!

Correction. I should have made a suggestion in the form of an invitation..as in he's kindly invited to stay the hell away, if that's all he has to offer. He said himself this is why he stays away from such threads, and on this ..we can agree! :)

Correction. I should have made a suggestion in the form of an invitation..as in he's kindly invited to stay the hell away, if that's all he has to offer. He said himself this is why he stays away from such threads, and on this ..we can agree! :)

159159[/snapback]

How 'bout he stays and you go? :o:P;)

How 'bout he stays and you go?

you'd miss me far too much. :P

How 'bout he stays and you go?

you'd miss me far too much. :P

159161[/snapback]

I'd take that chance.

I'd take that chance.

No need. Not gonna happen. B)

159164[/snapback]

I guess I can breathe now.