Keeping outback practice secret

aubiefifty

saturdaydownsouth.com

......... to keep Outback Bowl practice a secret

Lucas Panzica | 24 hours ago

As Auburn prepares to face Minnesota in the Outback Bowl in Tampa, it’s clear head coach Gus Malzahn does not want media members to see any more of practice than they were allowed.

During Auburn’s practice in Tampa Bay, Malzahn’s staff went to extreme lengths to cover up a stadium entrance, preventing media from seeing anything.

It makes you wonder what Auburn might have up its sleeve, as the Tigers look to reach 10 wins on the season by beating Minnesota.

One thing we do know, new offensive coordinator Chad Morris will be with the Auburn staff for the game, although he won’t call plays.

It is unclear exactly how much of an impact the recently fired Arkansas head coach will have on the Tigers’ gameplan, if any. If there are any extra wrinkles, however, Auburn is doing a good job of covering it up so no one can see.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

To sum it up.  There’s breaking news about the lack of breaking news.  

gus did not want anyone watching him pick his nose maybe? grins

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Ahhw hell.  What the heck kind of trick plays is he coming up with?  

I got a good feeling about a fake punt idea that Morris is whispering in CGM's ear about.

Gus--"No doubt Chad. They'll never see it coming. We just got to execute it"

24 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I got a good feeling about a fake punt idea that Morris is whispering in CGM's ear about.

Gus--"No doubt Chad. They'll never see it coming. We just got to execute it"

Siposs practicing the chest pass over and over.

35 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

Definitely don't want anyone to know that we plan to run up the middle for a 1 yard gain after a 1st down.

I haven’t seen that run up the middle call much all season like people have been saying

39 minutes ago, CR said:

This guy must not be used to covering Gus. Just another day ending in y for the beat guys.

And we wonder why we don't get the fawning coverage that other similarly influential programs get. 

So.....  basically they are gonna run the "hide the player" behind our O Line trick play we haven't run in a few years and they don't want anyone to know...

BUT.....

Chad has brought a wrinkle to it... we're gonna hide TWO players behind our O Line one on each side of the OB (Worms to the left and Schwartz to the right) ...

TOTALLY catch them off guard... it'll work if we execute it right. No doubt.  lol

OH...

and a double reverse statue of liberty,,, where the QB tosses it BACK to the RB again... and.... he runs up the middle anyway...  Brilliant!!

Doesn't want anyone to see the orange facemasks. 

18 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Can hardly contain my excitement.

How do you solve a problem like vanilla...I keed, I keed!  ❤️

Related imageImage result for captain von trapp suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosityImage result for captain von trapp suffering from a deplorable lack of curiosity

From a good source...........We are going to hurry to the line of scrimmage. Then the running back will line up in the slot, leaving us with an empty backfield. But this time, sneaky Bo will wave his hand at the running back who will return to his usual position in the backfield. The Gophers will be caught completely of guard. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Keeping outback practice secret
1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Would be hard-pressed to find more lame posts in one single thread anywhere online. 

It's a lame article so...

Maybe they’re doing it to read all the lame replies to this thread, then get a really good laugh. Lol

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I haven’t seen that run up the middle call much all season like people have been saying

I did

There are exactly two fan bases that are happy with their current HC...this clearly isn't one of them.  

Crazy how much heat Lincoln Riley is taking this week, so not surprising to see what's posted here.

Archived