Bowl game thread

bigbird

40 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We're already in pay dirt when it comes to talent. Our history isn't holding us back.

Our university leaders' inability to resist drama and spend money wisely sure is, though. 😭

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

The painful truth is ... we are a 7-8 win team, historically an above average team, not great. We would like to strike gold like Clemson but not everyone win the lottery.

STFU already. You are the worst poster on this board and there is a lot of competition for this title. You are not funny. All your jokes fail worse than a Gus trick play. Also your wrong. We are a top 12 program all time even though all our coaches since dye have been average at best. We win in spite of them. Once we finally get lucky with a Bruce like hire in football ( and we are due for one.) We are going to take off and soar like Clemson under dabo.

One of the main reasons I'm glad that football season is over is I won't have to deal with you for 9 months. Thank God you don't torture us more with your posts in the basketball, baseball and softball game threads and forums. Good riddance till August.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

STFU already. You are the worst poster on this board and there is a lot of competition for this title. You are not funny. All your jokes fail worse than a Gus trick play. Also your wrong. We are a top 12 program all time even though all our coaches since dye have been average at best. We win in spite of them. Once we finally get lucky with a Bruce like hire in football ( and we are due for one.) We are going to take off and soar like Clemson under dabo.

One of the main reasons I'm glad that football season is over is I won't have to deal with you for 9 months. Thank God you don't torture us more with your posts in the basketball, baseball and softball game threads and forums. Good riddance till August.

Preach. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Anybody get the sense we were going to lose when you saw that they were changing the uniforms last night?  We historically suck doubly bad when they screw with the traditional uniform.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Anybody get the sense we were going to lose when you saw that they were changing the uniforms last night?  We historically suck doubly bad when they screw with the traditional uniform.

Except when we play vandy!! But seriously those 07 throwbacks were a thing of beauty. My favorite iteration of uniforms we have worn. I wish we would wear those once a year. That is the last time we have worn the road whites at home as well since then.

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This game reminded me of 2 years ago with UCF.  I think Minnesota is a better team than we thought they were. I think the muffed punt by Tutt was the difference in the game. I hate that we lost for our seniors. They deserved better than what happened. At least we beat bammer so that soothes the wound a bit!

WDE!!  Doc

Sadly when your offense is a complete sh*$ show for at least the fifth time this season, I suppose one could argue a muffed punt in the first quarter is the difference in the game.

No, the difference in the game was an offense without a game plan, a defense that got manhandled by a perceived less talented team, and a coaching staff that got outcoached in every phase of the game. Malzahns offense is terrible, and predictable for the better part of five years now, sans a couple of outlier games. The game plan, or lack thereof, is tired, and old. No throws down field on early downs, complete failure to utilize the middle of the field, stupid handoffs up the middle into the teeth of the defense, dumb trick plays called at inopportune times. It's all just hot garbage. 

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

This game reminded me of 2 years ago with UCF.  I think Minnesota is a better team than we thought they were. I think the muffed punt by Tutt was the difference in the game. I hate that we lost for our seniors. They deserved better than what happened. At least we beat bammer so that soothes the wound a bit!

WDE!!  Doc

There were some seniors on that field that were a part of that loss Doc.  
And as long as this staff beats the turds every now and then they will secure their jobs for years and years while turning in 4-5 losses every year.

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Jokes fail like Gus's trick plays......ouch. I'm not used to seeing you like this!

1 hour ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Past doesn't predicate future.  People have free will to change things.  AU is a sleeping giant for the right staff with everyone pulling in the same direction.

With the current climate i respectfully disagree. But hey we wear orange glasses and sometimes we think with emotion instead of logic.

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

He is perpetually dissing Fleck...or is it Cristobal? I lose count. #so #unproven 😤🤠

Yep. The logic to these guys are you might hire somebody worse so just be happy with mediocrity

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yep. The logic to these guys are you might hire somebody worse so just be happy with mediocrity

And Cole. They both WON their bowl games. 😢😭😢😭😢😭

3 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

You can't let emotion cloud your judgement when you're letting Gus pay for your Christmas.

huh??? I was just expressing my views in a non threatening way.

49 minutes ago, keesler said:

There were some seniors on that field that were a part of that loss Doc.  
And as long as this staff beats the turds every now and then they will secure their jobs for years and years while turning in 4-5 losses every year.

I agree with you on this. It was a bad game all the way round. Beating bama was a good thing that no one can deny. However, the team played far worse than they have most of the season. When you face an offensive line as massive as Minnesota's it wears down a good defense and really makes it look bad. You have to give Minnesota credit for a good game plan and solid execution from both sides of the ball. We deserved to lose this game with the way both the defense and offense played. Fleck is an excellent coach. Maybe in a year or 2 he will be on our sideline coaching!

It was a bad game all the way around and we were not the better team today without question. Let's not try to beat each other up over the game. It is what it is and nothing more or less. A bad game without question. I do think that the 2020 season will be one where Gus could very well lose his job if we play games like we did today.  I hope Morris will be able to lead Gus out of the mire he gets himself in with his play calling.

I do still have faith in Coach Steele and feel that he is a quality DC and will have the defense playing up to par or better next season. Just a bad way to end a decent season for sure.

wde & God Bless!

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Damn, it was the uniforms fault all along. 😡

15 hours ago, around4ever said:

Yes.  A terrible offense that can’t put an extended drive together causes the defense to be on the field too much, get worn out and lose intensity. 

They were both terrible. Offense was obviously bad but the D couldn’t consistently stop them even before we got tired. Just a bad day all around.  

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

That's exactly right. They've grown fond of saying things like there aren't any "proven" coaches out there or any coaches that "guarantee" more wins. They're literally asking for guarantees from the next guy before hiring him. It's incredibly stupid and juvenile. And it's coming from some of the most senior members of the forum.

Grown men acting like petulant, bored children. All because they hitched their wagon to the wrong horse a long time ago and they've long since missed their opportunity to admit their mistake.

And @AU64, that crap about QB play vs coaching in the bowl game thread? A new low for you, pal. 

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I do still have faith in Coach Steele and feel that he is a quality DC and will have the defense playing up to par or better next season. Just a bad way to end a decent season for sure.

I’m not sure I have faith in his ability to game plan and make adjustments game after game.   It was obvious to anyone watching yesterday that Minnesota was going to run the ball when auburn brought in the nickel package and the quarterback was no threat to run the ball.   They were double teaming DB on just about every play and yet the linebackers were not making plays.  It was the worst game all year by every linebacker that played in the game.   

What is really funny to me watching the game was that the offensive play calling and type of team Gus wants to run and claims that Auburn is, was actually what Minnesota was doing. All but the hurry up no huddle.  

I know that all the players said they were motivated and playing in the game, but to me it appeared in the first half that everyone was playing not to get hurt.   Very timid!!   

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

He knocked himself down a notch or two for me yesterday, that was a poor defensive game plan and he didn't adjust when needed.  He's done that a few times in the last couple of years, but overall he's a good DC that had elite talent to work with this year.

37 minutes ago, keesler said:

He knocked himself down a notch or two for me yesterday, that was a poor defensive game plan and he didn't adjust when needed.  He's done that a few times in the last couple of years, but overall he's a good DC that had elite talent to work with this year.

Everyone has a bad day at the office from time to time. We still should have won the game. 

9 hours ago, keesler said:

I agree with you on this one. He has had games like this in the past, and then will call a well crafted defensive game plan like the LSU game. I would place Steele in the top 5 or 6 SEC defensive coordinators.

Archived