Bowl game thread

bigbird

2 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Who is we?  I took Minny and the points.

I guess I need to clarify this. I fall in the we category and other folks on the board probably do as well. I know we were favored to win this game. I hope this explains the we a bit better! 🧐 I underestimated Minny and thought we would win by a comfortable margin. Didn't happen though. I think a lot of other fans felt the same way as I do.

WDE my friend and maybe next year we will do better. (I hope so)

Happy New Years my friend & God bless!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wait a minute, ToraGirl, Mikey will be on board hiring Fleck as he just took Gus to the woodshed.  That’s his criteria.

He is perpetually dissing Fleck...or is it Cristobal? I lose count. #so #unproven 😤🤠

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Fleck would definitely be an improvement over Gus. Heck even a high school coach would be an improvement over our present high school  coac.

Well, Heck why don’t we hire Fleck.  I think I’ll hash tag it. #HeckHireFleck.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

I guess I need to clarify this. I fall in the we category and other folks on the board probably do as well. I know we were favored to win this game. I hope this explains the we a bit better! 🧐 I underestimated Minny and thought we would win by a comfortable margin. Didn't happen though. I think a lot of other fans felt the same way as I do.

WDE my friend and maybe next year we will do better. (I hope so)

Happy New Years my friend & God bless!

You can't let emotion cloud your judgement when you're letting Gus pay for your Christmas.

6 minutes ago, jluvah said:

What?

My re-paste was a mess...apologies. I feel the defense, while off today, is the glow that kept CGM in the dough. 

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

He is perpetually dissing Fleck...or is it Cristobal? I lose count. #so #unproven 😤🤠

He usually says “why would we hire Cristobal, didn’t Gus just beat him”?  That excuse is now gone with Fleck.

Isn't Auburn's BOT tired of backing their high school coach. One thing is for dank sure. We can always count on GUS to lose 4 or more just about every year. Why is it that people are happy with just beating UAT and not going to play for championships. Yes, we should UAT, but our golds should much higher. Beat UAT, LSU, Georgia and everyone one else on our schedule then play for the SEC championship and then the national championship. I for one want out of my Auburn Tigers and their coaching staff. ALOT MORE.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

He usually says “why would we hire Cristobal, didn’t Gus just beat him”?  That excuse is not gone with Fleck.

Small happy points of life. I cling, I cling! 🤣😭🦋

Don't every "true" Auburn fan? Oh yeah, I'd still say Mario Christobal would still  be a great hire for us. But if we couldn't him, then turn to Keven Steele.

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

It's both!!! Haha

If we’re going to lose 4 games every year just say **** it and pay some $1 million coach 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, Heck why don’t we hire Fleck.  I think I’ll hash tag it. #HeckHireFleck.

He wouldn’t touch this dumpster fire. He has more sense. I think the only Chance Auburn has of ever straightening out things is to fir AG, terminate the entire BOT, fire Gus and every coach that works for him ( we have some keepers but I’m afraid the looser mentality he has built into his system has even ruined these guys. Start all over from scratch. Hit the next AG in a one and down contract, make BOT electable positions by Auburn fans, that can be recalled at anytime subject to a petition with 20000 signatures. Hire a. Ew HC and assistants all with game to game contracts. Then maybe no one will repeat the mistake of offering a complete looser like Gus, with a locked in contract ever again. 

11 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Isn't Auburn's BOT tired of backing their high school coach. One thing is for dank sure. We can always count on GUS to lose 4 or more just about every year. Why is it that people are happy with just beating UAT and not going to play for championships. Yes, we should UAT, but our golds should much higher. Beat UAT, LSU, Georgia and everyone one else on our schedule then play for the SEC championship and then the national championship. I for one want out of my Auburn Tigers and their coaching staff. ALOT MORE.

Yes. Uat just completed their 9th straight 11 win season. We can’t even get to 10. And yet the turds are actually mad because they didn’t make the CFP for the first time since it was created 7 years ago. Why do auburn folks just believe that AU just can’t be that good. Those numbers are just for teams like uga. Clemson, uat, and OSU.  When are we going there demand coaches actually earn their pay every year. 

There are a lot of really good head coaches out there who would come to Auburn. Butch Davis, Bill Clark just to name two.

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Painful to read. Please slow down on the keyboard. Proofread... it can wait!  

This is one of Gus’s worse loses it’s a back breaker. The close lose to Texas am is different because we actually played decent and there was hope moving forward. The sky is very dark ahead and we lost to a lesser team fair and square as we ride into the storm.

52 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The painful truth is ... we are a 7-8 win team, historically an above average team, not great. We would like to strike gold like Clemson but not everyone win the lottery.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Don't every "true" Auburn fan? Oh yeah, I'd still say Mario Christobal would still  be a great hire for us. But if we couldn't him, then turn to Keven Steele.

Cristobal, yes.  Steele as HC, no no no and no.  We need him coaching the defense and need a proven winner at the D1-P5 level. 

50 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The painful truth is ... we are a 7-8 win team, historically an above average team, not great. We would like to strike gold like Clemson but not everyone win the lottery.

We're already in pay dirt when it comes to talent. Our history isn't holding us back.

55 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

That's how losers think.

20 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Just stating the facts, truth hurts.

Past doesn't predicate future.  People have free will to change things.  AU is a sleeping giant for the right staff with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Past doesn't predicate future.  People have free will to change things.

That might explain everything...

6d3.gif

Archived