Another quality product

Carnell

10 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Brought to you by Gus Malzahn

Agreed. This team looks inept. If it’s possible, then Nix looks to have digressed further. Poor excuse for an offense. With our D line leaving, next year could get ugly. Give him a raise and an extension AU. After all he managed to barely beat Bamas 2nd string QB and you would have thought it was a Natl Championship. Tua plays that game it’s a def loss. 

Quit watching at halftime. Need a break from Gus for a year or two. This reminds me of watching the 1989 Princeton 16th seed basketball team play 1 seed Georgetown and finally lose to them 50-49. No idea how this game turns out, but we look lost on both sides of the ball. I knew Tutt was going to screw up a punt catch, and I knew we would be held on defense with no calls, line up so we're beat by alignment, and do some stupid trick double reverse crap that didn't work. It NEVER FRICK'IN ENDS! Didn't feel this bad about football during Barfield years. Basically just want to vomit or wake up from this bad dream.

Gus got schooled by a Fleck. That’s all that needs to be known. Another ****show of a performance by a coach who too often embarrasses the school he represents. 

0-5 in January under Gus.

I can't say much to the game today since I didn't watch. But just looking at the score, I'm not really surprised we lost again. Choosing not to watch Auburn football until Gus is gone was the best decision I could have made for my health and sanity. Auburn deserves better than a coach that continues to lose and continues to not make the changes needed. War Eagle and I'll see you all in the basketball forum.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Basically just want to vomit or wake up from this bad dream.

Folks were warned....The signs were there in 2010 but Cam was just so damned good that he pulled GM out of the fire before we got burned with the dumb high school play calling

Can’t remember the last time a team knelt instead of scoring on us.  Took mercy on the lesser team.  Wow, did we get out coached.  How does this coach dial up so many good games from time to time and then just looks like a complete idiot the rest of the time

10 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

How does this coach dial up so many good games from time to time and then just looks like a complete idiot the rest of the time

Okay?...I give up

I have not watched one snap of AU football since Gus was named coach.  I have not regretted it.  I don't lurk over here often but occasionally check the threads when I am viewing the basketball comments.  The question is whether the ineptness is limited to Malzahn or likewise includes the BOT.  I think getting rid of Jacobs and firing the last president helped but I we appear to be way off in football for now. 

52 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Folks were warned....The signs were there in 2010 but Cam was just so damned good that he pulled GM out of the fire before we got burned with the dumb high school play calling

I have never been a  big fan. He has always did dumb things, but superior talent bailed him out. The best plays are broken ones, when the players have to improvise. 

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I am fine with losing, but I am so sick and tired of being out coached time after time.

It's not just game time coaching, though that's bad enough. The player packages are just so danged obvious. I asked a guy what was wrong with our QB.  "A developed QB you mean?  Nix is just as good as the day he came in."

This guy played DII football for 4 years. Offense in HS and D in college. 

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Didn't feel this bad about football during Barfield years. 

If you think we are worse now than in the Barfield years then you did not experience the Barfield years. 

Blame Bo for falling like a rock on Gus. He's never known how to coach his players up and get the very best out them on game day. It's very sad and hard to watch.

22 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

If you think we are worse now than in the Barfield years then you did not experience the Barfield years. 

Wrong. Did. In person. Feels worse now, because expectations are higher now. Saying we are worse is your take. Try harder.

49 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Wrong. Did. In person. Feels worse now, because expectations are higher now. Saying we are worse is your take. Try harder.

This.  Barfield years were bad, I was there also.  but you didn't expect to win.  Now we have talent and should be winning games that we are losing.

In his post conference, he said Minnesota did a few things different....it's funny, but I didn't hear their coach say that we did anything different then what we've done throughout the season???? We just lived off the last game and thought we'd win...

With what we are losing off the defense it may be a long year next year.  Of course, we lose the whole O-line except for the center but that may well be addition by subtraction.  That was the worst performance by the O-line this year as we have seen in a long time. Today was especially bad.  Maybe a having a little lighter schedule will help but I really think this team may struggle to win half their games, which will probably mean the end of the Gus tenure.  I wonder what the buyout will be at the end of next season?  

5 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

How does this coach dial up so many good games from time to time and then just looks like a complete idiot the rest of the time

When Gus looks like a complete idiot it’s because the other coach and team hit him in the month and he wasn’t expecting it.  Then it’s game over, he just can’t adjust.

33 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

With what we are losing off the defense it may be a long year next year.  Of course, we lose the whole O-line except for the center but that may well be addition by subtraction.  That was the worst performance by the O-line this year as we have seen in a long time. Today was especially bad.  Maybe a having a little lighter schedule will help but I really think this team may struggle to win half their games, which will probably mean the end of the Gus tenure.  I wonder what the buyout will be at the end of next season?  

A quick google search says it's approximately 21.5 million next year. 

Next year will be the fourth straight "make-or-break" season for Gus. Spoiler alert: He'll save his job by appealing to the emotions of sunshine pumper, only to disappoint us again.

Archived