Softball vs Minnesota 2/29/20

I watched most of it.  The Yarbrough gal is a definite asset.  Too bad about the solo homer, would be nice for her to have the no-no.  Tissier started things in the second with a hot double past third.  Garcia drove in two with a fly to right that their RF dropped.  Rivera with an RBI in the 4th on a sharply hit single up the middle.  Maresette had the only other hard=hit ball for us.  Their outfield was in, as Maresette has little power.  She stroked a good one, and their CF had to make an over-the shoulder catch, or it might've been an IP.  The Gophers played poorly and Fiser had several wild pitches.  Replaced with Pease in the 4th.

Do we know why the Snow didn't play in either game??? Was she sick????

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

That is what they said in the booth.

• ellitor changed the title to Softball vs Minnesota 2/29/19
10 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

According to article by Phillip Marshall Snow and King were sick and unable to play.  Also mentioned Rivera was fighting "stomach bug" but obviously was able to play.  Was good to see her get hits with a smooth swing instead of trying to "kill the ball".  Nice catch by Perry at the wall.  I liked the excitement the team showed for Yarbrough at end of game.  I remember seeing her in the first fall game she pitched this year and she really struggled.  She has obviously made steady corrections and improvement.  Good for her and the team.  Her rise ball has been a good pitch for her.  Looking at her bio, she actually had a pretty good batting average in high school.

• ellitor changed the title to Softball vs Minnesota 2/29/20

Archived