Toilet Paper

weagl1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few rolls I am willing to depart with at the right price.  I will start the bidding out at $1 per square of double-ply Charmin.

You cannot have any of mine so don't ask me. Nyaah Nyaah!

7 hours ago, weagl1 said:

May not be enough left to throw this fall.

As long as there's a reason to throw it...and the hope meter is high...I bet we can adapt!  Let's do it!  Rise on wings of eagles!

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I bet we can adapt!  Let's do it!  Rise on wings of eagles!

I'm ready!

papertowelssidebyside.jpg

Runs on TP and bottled water I simply do not understand. TP and water are produced right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. It's not like we've got to import these items from China. Why the hoarding?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Runs on TP and bottled water I simply do not understand. TP and water are produced right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. It's not like we've got to import these items from China. Why the hoarding?

Watched CNN lately? :no:

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Watched CNN lately? :no:

CNN? heck no. Those liberal medias, only complain. I used to watch them as fair and balanced. No more... 

So what did they say about TP? 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

CNN? heck no. Those liberal medias, only complain. I used to watch them as fair and balanced. No more... 

So what did they say about TP? 

Jim Aucosta is my hero! 😝 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

THANK YOU!   I've got a BIL working at the Prattville paper mill, less than 20 miles from my home - they are under 12 hr shifts pumping that paper out.

And the complete hysteria about hand-sanitizer shortages????  The shelves are full of soap/Clorox/Lysol - wash your hands with soap and water and clean your surfaces.  If you don't have access to soap/water then wash your hands before you leave or get in the car, stop at a gas station on your trip/commute and wash them again and wash them when you get home.  :dunno:

Waiting for opponents to spin this shortage as our fault. "Think of what the reserve situation would be if those awful Auburn fans didn't have that silly tradition of rolling those trees" 🙄

I just got back from Costco in Bham.  Last week there was an entire side wall, floor to ceiling, stacked with TP.  Today was a different story with no TP anywhere.  The checkout lanes were beyond long.  Took me 25 minutes just to checkout.  It was also hard to find a parking spot.  Folks were generally behaved with just a few folks acting up.  

The Walmart Neighborhood store not far from where I live stays covered up just like shopping just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.  CV19 has folks in panic mode like I have never seen.  

9 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I just got back from Costco in Bham.  Last week there was an entire side wall, floor to ceiling, stacked with TP.  Today was a different story with no TP anywhere.  The checkout lanes were beyond long.  Took me 25 minutes just to checkout.  It was also hard to find a parking spot.  Folks were generally behaved with just a few folks acting up.  

The Walmart Neighborhood store not far from where I live stays covered up just like shopping just before Thanksgiving and Christmas.  CV19 has folks in panic mode like I have never seen.  

So after our weekly Walmart trip and seeing the empty TP shelves it was time to think outside the box a little. Stopped in Walgreens and they had it at the entrance along with a section that had a good amount left in it. And no, I didn't buy extra packages because I never want to be that inconsiderate of others. 

5 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

True. Panic, precaution...it genuinely is unprecedented. As is Corona. Adventure of my teaching life tonight. If you know Montgomery, I ran back and forth between Baptist South and Baptist East three times trying to track down one of my Hispanic babies who jumped out of a swing at recess today and landed on his arm, breaking it in two places, requiring surgery. Sweet, groggy, will love the goody satchel...but "sakuridy" is real, and WalMart Prattville was OUT of just about everything I was seeking to equip my daughter's middle school classroom. Dr. Mackey has put all Alabama K-12 schools on break until April 6. Our Spring BRAKE (that's what I'm calling it...just a genuine time-out on society's warp-speed) is next week. My prayers are with all, but on my heart especially are families needing childcare. Lots of hardworking folks out there who must be drastically affected by the turn of events. 😢

On 3/12/2020 at 2:10 PM, weagl1 said:

May not be enough left to throw this fall.

There will be plenty to throw this fall, and individuals will part with it on the cheap. All these people that filled their closets up with panic-bought TP wil be looking to get rid of it. Here's hoping for 15 wins and lots of TP tossing! :)

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

True. Panic, precaution...it genuinely is unprecedented. As is Corona. Adventure of my teaching life tonight. If you know Montgomery, I ran back and forth between Baptist South and Baptist East three times trying to track down one of my Hispanic babies who jumped out of a swing at recess today and landed on his arm, breaking it in two places, requiring surgery. Sweet, groggy, will love the goody satchel...but "sakuridy" is real, and WalMart Prattville was OUT of just about everything I was seeking to equip my daughter's middle school classroom. Dr. Mackey has put all Alabama K-12 schools on break until April 6. Our Spring BRAKE (that's what I'm calling it...just a genuine time-out on society's warp-speed) is next week. My prayers are with all, but on my heart especially are families needing childcare. Lots of hardworking folks out there who must be drastically affected by the turn of events. 😢

As parents of two small ones and people who are sometimes relieved when Monday rolls around, we are concerned. And we are the lucky ones who *should* be okay in terms of being able to ride this out from a financial and logistical perspective.

The good news is that this time of year in SW Fla is what I call "Florida Fall" as this is when the leaves fall down here.  So in a pinch, we just have to get our "TP" from the back yard.  😁😁  

Maple-Colors.jpg

Archived