An absolutely unreal interview with a coronavirus denialist

AUDub

So, this Richard Epstein fellow - a well known Libertarian law professor - wrote an op-ed that has been bouncing around Trump's circle for a few days. In it, he wrote that deaths from COVID-19 in this country would top out at around 500. Since we've blown by that number, he quietly revised his number to 2500, then 5000 (in the same email, natch). 

For some reason, he agreed to an interview with Isaac Chotiner, a sharp as hell reporter for the New Yorker. I don't think I've ever seen a scholar destroy his own reputation this badly in one fell swoop. 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

He comes from the same mold as climate deniers.

He's really besmirching the name "Epstein" everywhere. 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Man made climate change deniers are not molded, just sane.

No, Epstein and AGW deniers are virtually identical in their ideologically-driven inability to accept the weight of factual evidence. 

Such denial of reality is the virtual definition of "insanity".

You exhibit the same tendencies. The only difference is, you aren't smart enough to profit from it.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

No, Epstein and AGW deniers are virtually identical in their ideologically-driven inability to accept the weight of factual evidence. 

Such denial of reality is the virtual definition of "insanity".

You exhibit the same tendencies. The only difference is, you aren't smart enough to profit from it.

Look Homer, we get it. Nobody is smarter than you. And there is absolutely no chance of global warming models being wrong, even with "adjusted" temperature data.  Just promise me that if it turns out that all this AGW is hogwash, you will enter this forum and admit you were wrong. That's all. No need to get personal with us deniers. BTW I am not a climate denier. I fully admit there IS a climate, and it will change and always has regardless of what us "deniers" and the hand wringers are doing  and how much money we give to the mfwic"s with the fingers in the dike.

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Look Homer, we get it. Nobody is smarter than you. And there is absolutely no chance of global warming models being wrong, even with "adjusted" temperature data.  Just promise me that if it turns out that all this AGW is hogwash, you will enter this forum and admit you were wrong. That's all. No need to get personal with us deniers. BTW I am not a climate denier. I fully admit there IS a climate, and it will change and always has regardless of what us "deniers" and the hand wringers are doing  and how much money we give to the mfwic"s with the fingers in the dike.

Wrong again.

I am perfectly aware that MANY people are smarter than me.  Just not you and your MAGA posse.

And you don't even understand AGW - hardly a surprise.  Your comparison of AGW to climate change associated with geologic eras clearly demonstrates that.   (According to Skepticalscience.com, your argument is #1 on the climate denier list of dumb arguments.)

I suggest you study up on the actual theory you deny before trying to argue against it.  It helps to understand the actual opposing argument in a debate. Here are some general links to get you started:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Era_(geology)

https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period.htm

Archived