2021 3* OT J’Marion Gooch Flips ToThe Vols

Zeek

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

He doesn't have near the gut I thought he would

My thoughts exactly. I’m sure he’d still drop some weight but he doesn’t look bad at all.

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

My thoughts exactly. I’m sure he’d still drop some weight but he doesn’t look bad at all.

Is that a sophomore or junior picture?

He moves well for his size. I hope that 340 that Rivals says as opposed to the 350+ as it is hard work to lose weight. This is the type kid we have needed in the program he has the height, wingspan that an OT needs. He is a true OT and we are getting him early. Welcome aboard and War Eagle.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:26 PM, toddc said:

This pic looks a little different than the other ones I’ve seen on here. Doesn’t look like the same guy.

C5CA03E6-84C9-43D0-BA63-62539340C1E6.jpeg

For those who love Vol misery, they thought they had a huge lead for Gooch when we landed him. They were shocked by the commitment.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

For those who love Vol misery, they thought they had a huge lead for Gooch when we landed him. They were shocked by the commitment.

Damn we’ve had them steaming mad for awhile then. First Jay Hardy now Gooch 😁

I would not want to be a defensive lineman lined up across from him. Need to call him "Hungry Jack" as in pancake (blocks) in that he has the size to make this happen hopefully on a somewhat regular basis.  A year of weight room and conditioning should bring out the best in him. I would love to see some highlight films on him. Reminds me a bit of Marcus McNeil another monster tackle who went through our system on his way to the NFL.  We have some big tackle bodies coming on board for the fall.

We need all of the big dudes we can get for the OL especially OT; and he adds to this total that is not yet complete.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Still paying them back for Wanya Morris!!(think that’s the guy).

On 4/17/2020 at 8:07 AM, bigbird said:

I hope that 358 is wrong. It's much easier to add good weight than remove bad weight. It's nice to get a OT thiugh

I don't think he's got too much bad weight to him. That's a big ole dude.

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

There aren't many that make Gus look short.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There aren't many that make Gus look short.

If Bicknell keeps it up before long our whole oline will 6’6 at minimum 

• 1 month later...

Keith said the Vols used to be who we should be worried about but Gooch said they backed off him but UGA has picked up some steam on him and is the new team we should kinda worry about 

18 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Keith said the Vols used to be who we should be worried about but Gooch said they backed off him but UGA has picked up some steam on him and is the new team we should kinda worry about 

They have Fairchild they can flip off

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They have Fairchild they can flip off

Fairchild’s a guard Gooch is a tackle. But I said we should ‘kinda’ worry because UGA hasn’t even offered yet. He’s a backup plan but they’re showing him some interest 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

@Sizzle was this in the podcast he recently did with Jason Caldwell? Even if you don't provide a link at least give a bibliography of where info was posted or said. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle was this in the podcast he recently did with Jason Caldwell? Even if you don't provide a link at least give a bibliography of where info was posted or said. Thanks!

Yeah it was from the podcast 

• 1 month later...

I keep reading that Tennessee, Georgia and some others are still after J'Marion. Hopefully his commitment to Auburn gets stronger every day and he won't even consider any other school.

Archived