Just for laughs...

MDM4AU

Sharpton: Dean's DNC Excludes Blacks

The Rev. Al Sharpton blasted Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean on Tuesday, saying that under his leadership, African-Americans have been excluded from top Democratic Party positions.

"I'm taking Dean to task right now for the lack of black inclusion at the highest levels of the Democratic Party," Sharpton told WWRL radio hosts Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter. "It's the lowest in thirty years."

The Harlem firebrand and one-time presidential candidate said that as things stand now, the Republican Party is making more progress including blacks than Dean's team.

"We ought to have more to show [for our support]," he complained. "And we should ask why, as the Republicans, ironically, are running blacks [for office], that [Dean] has left blacks out of the top echelon of the Democratic Party."

Sharpton also said that Dean needed to apologize for racially charged remarks last February, where the top Democrat suggested that Republicans could attract blacks to their party if they summoned the "hotel staff."

"That was at a DNC session where we were running candidates for chair and vice chair," Sharpton recalled. "I said right at that session that he ought to apologize, absolutely."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/5/18/01408.shtml

The Rev. Al Sharpton blasted Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean on Tuesday, saying that under his leadership, African-Americans have been excluded from top Democratic Party positions.

I hate to say it, but Ole Al must be pretty slow. When he was still in the running for President, that was pointed out about Howard and his campaign staff and his staff in Vermont. The same was pointed out concerning John Kerry's campaign staff several times. None of that meant anything and was mightily pooh-poohed by the Dems, mainly because everyone knows libs care more and only conservatives and Republicans are racists.

Why didn't that bother Al during the election season?

I hate to say it, but Ole Al must be pretty slow. When he was still in the running for President, that was pointed out about Howard and his campaign staff and his staff in Vermont. The same was pointed out concerning John Kerry's campaign staff several times. None of that meant anything and was mightily pooh-poohed by the Dems, mainly because everyone knows libs care more and only conservatives and Republicans are racists.

160140[/snapback]

It is enough in my book that he is complaining now.

Didn't Dean just take the helm of the DNC a couple of months ago?

Classic

160140[/snapback]

It is enough in my book that he is complaining now.

160183[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is pointing out the deeply ingrained hypocrisy within the DNC. But I think it will be overlooked as more ranting from Rev. Al.

Dean also made some stupid @$$ comment during a trip to Phoenix that claimed the Republicans have excluded Hispanics too.

Dean also hailed Tuesday's election of Democrat Antonio Villaraigosa as mayor of Los Angeles. Villaraigosa defeated fellow Democrat James Hahn to become L.A.'s first Hispanic mayor in more than century. Dean said the GOP cannot boast of that kind of diversity in its roster of mayors or U.S. senators.  :blink:

The DNC chair failed to point out the U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., and top Bush administration officials --Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez -- are Hispanic and that the GOP improved its standing with Latinos in the November vote.

Link

What a maroon... :moon:

Dean also made some stupid ass comment during a trip to Phoenix that claimed the Republicans have excluded Hispanics too. 
Dean also hailed Tuesday's election of Democrat Antonio Villaraigosa as mayor of Los Angeles. Villaraigosa defeated fellow Democrat James Hahn to become L.A.'s first Hispanic mayor in more than century. Dean said the GOP cannot boast of that kind of diversity in its roster of mayors or U.S. senators:blink:

The DNC chair failed to point out the U.S. Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., and top Bush administration officials --Attorney General Alberto Gonzales and U.S. Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez -- are Hispanic and that the GOP improved its standing with Latinos in the November vote.

Link

What a maroon... :moon:

160295[/snapback]

I'll second that! What a maroon... :moon:

Only the Republicans can be racist... didn't yall know that

Just like how when blacks are racist... it's called reverse descrimination :big:

Archived