Trumps 4th of July speech

creed

Did anyone watch this and was he shaping a narrative for his run against Biden? It appeared he was trying shape it as responsible people are republicans and good. Versus rioters and looters are democrats and bad. These are my thoughts on the brief video I watched. Your thoughts?

On 7/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, creed said:

Did anyone watch this and was he shaping a narrative for his run against Biden? It appeared he was trying shape it as responsible people are republicans and good. Versus rioters and looters are democrats and bad. These are my thoughts on the brief video I watched. Your thoughts?

To me, its the nature of politics. To be fair, How long have we seen the narrative pushed that all Righties are Racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-poor, anti-environment, anti-healthcare, anti-immigrant, mean-hearted, anti-animal, etc ...and its only the Democrats who care for such and the only hope we have to  save us all from such evils? Both sides parse away and vilify those who oppose, all while making themselves out like a heroic savior to those who agree. Division seems pretty common in Politics, but it works like a charm for those seeking power!....

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

To me, its the nature of politics. To be fair, How long have we seen the narrative pushed that all Righties are Racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-poor, anti-environment, anti-healthcare, anti-immigrant, mean-hearted, anti-animal, etc ...and its only the Democrats who care for such and the only hope we have to  save us all from such evils? Both sides parse away and vilify those who oppose, all while making themselves out like a heroic savior to those who agree. Division seems pretty common in Politics, but it works like a charm for those seeking power!....

You are comparing an actual speech made by the POTUS to some imaginary "narrative" made by ??????

Sorry, but there's no equivalence there.  Certainly not enough to excuse the President for making such a divisive speech.

(And ironically enough, a speech that lends credibility to your "narrative")

Just look up a George Wallace speech. Close enough. The guy is a clown. He thinks that by appealing to the white supremacists by pushing a narrative that left wingers and black protesters are violent fascists and want to assimilate their children he will be able to rally enough support to  beat Biden. This country is going through a health crisis that is more detrimental than any health crisis any of us have seen in our lifetimes. Our economy is suffering and people are losing their jobs. And we are in the middle of a pretty large racial revolution. And Trump picks the birthday weekend of our nation to take a big dump on over half the country, stoke fear and further divide everyone. Real great leader he turned out to be. 

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just look up a George Wallace speech. Close enough. The guy is a clown. He thinks that by appealing to the white supremacists by pushing a narrative that left wingers and black protesters are violent fascists and want to assimilate their children he will be able to rally enough support to  beat Biden. This country is going through a health crisis that is more detrimental than any health crisis any of us have seen in our lifetimes. Our economy is suffering and people are losing their jobs. And we are in the middle of a pretty large racial revolution. And Trump picks the birthday weekend of our nation to take a big dump on over half the country, stoke fear and further divide everyone. Real great leader he turned out to be. 

Sometimes I start to think he’s intentionally doing this crap to lose. 

20 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Sometimes I start to think he’s intentionally doing this crap to lose. 

I don’t think so. I think A. He has bad intentions and B. He’s so egotistical, he thinks that this stuff will work. If and when he isn’t president, he’s fair game legally. I don’t think he wants to put himself in that position at this time.

5 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He thinks that by appealing to the white supremacists by pushing a narrative that left wingers and black protesters are violent fascists and want to assimilate their children he will be able to rally enough support to  beat Biden.

Only about 25,000 Americans are hardcore ideological activists for the white supremacist movement, a tiny fraction of the white population. If doing what you propose, he will surely lose.

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Only about 25,000 Americans are hardcore ideological activists for the white supremacist movement, a tiny fraction of the white population. If doing what you propose, he will surely lose.

He doesn’t have to appeal to just the activists. I can assure you that there are plenty more people that will be rallied by his racial divisiveness. But I agree, he’s going to have a hard time beating Biden with a strategy like that. 

Archived